Which is quieter - HKS Legamax or Milltek Part Resonated?

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you have a downpipe? I had no cat, plus both of those exhausts. HKS drones like hell on the highway. Milltek I can have a conversation with my wife in the car lol.
I had both with factory down pipe, but then eventually with hks I had a downpipe (RV6). With hks...it was loud when I put the downpipe on and felt the same as you...but gave it two weeks and I guess something with the added heat, etc...just did something to the packing material maybe...and the hks was not longer loud as all out lol. Crazy, no idea how that happened.

But my milltek always seem super loud...however, never loud like drone in the cabin, it was just really a loud exhaust
Sponsored

OP
OP

JamesinSoCal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Had both versions
interesting, an
I had both with factory down pipe, but then eventually with hks I had a downpipe (RV6). With hks...it was loud when I put the downpipe on and felt the same as you...but gave it two weeks and I guess something with the added heat, etc...just did something to the packing material maybe...and the hks was not longer loud as all out lol. Crazy, no idea how that happened.

But my milltek always seem super loud...however, never loud like drone in the cabin, it was just really a loud exhaust
just so I am clear, the Milltek part resonated was super loud with stock downpipe?

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I’m confused, did he have the part res or non res for sure? First time I’ve heard the part res described as loud, that’s the one I’m looking at, and don’t want loud.
Do you have a downpipe?

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
No. Stock downpipe. And I want it to be quiet but with a little growl, not too loud. I already got a quote from you on the exhaust, that’ll be the one I get when I do
I had the part resonated when I bought the car, it was my first mod. It is exactly what you are looking for. More growl, the good thing about milltek is that for example lets say you want a catless dp, you can just order the front resonator like I did and quiet it down.

polishedmetalctr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
I had the part resonated when I bought the car, it was my first mod. It is exactly what you are looking for. More growl, the good thing about milltek is that for example lets say you want a catless dp, you can just order the front resonator like I did and quiet it down.
Perfect!

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
HKS sounds good but I can’t see past how you can see the mufflers from the back and the 2 tips don’t fit in the diffuser
I like it that way. Any More inboard and it would make the rear dirty like my previous cars.
Sponsored