Which HIDs should I get?

altaĂŻr

"Nothing is true. Everything is permitted."
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Hey everyone! I just got my first SI ever(2019 coupe) and I'm looking to do some mods to it cosmetically before I even touch the performance side(I want to ride it and get used to how it handles first). I'm looking to install some HID's in it. I've looked at a few, right now I'm deciding between Xtremevision and Innovited. Which would yall recommend and what color to match the DRLs, 5000k or 6000k? If you got any other brands in mind then please let me know. Any tips would be great!

https://www.amazon.com/XtremeVision...752------------2&vehicleName=2019+Honda+Civic

https://www.amazon.com/Innovited-Li...----------2&vehicleName=2019+Honda+Civic&th=1

Honda Civic 10th gen Which HIDs should I get? 56232130_2340457049535206_6688136211636158464_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1
Sponsored

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Welcome! Not trying to be an ass or anything, but have you tried searching on here? There are several threads on this topic already. You're not the only one to ask, and it seems this thread is created every day on the same subject. :spaz:

But since I"m here, Morimoto and Hylux are good brands to go with as well.. 5500k seems to match DRLs. Color varies by company too, each one is slightly different, so either one of those temps may work.

Omggitsdavid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si, 2000 Honda S2000
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't get hids. Just get leds. No need to mess with wires. Just swap the bulbs and you're good to go.

Honda Civic 10th gen Which HIDs should I get? PicsArt_08-24-11.34.28

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI , 2023 Civic Sport
Country flag
Don't get hids. Just get leds. No need to mess with wires. Just swap the bulbs and you're good to go.

PicsArt_08-24-11.34.28.jpg
Exactly check out headlight revolution. You can see my post from last night where I posted a pic of mine installed. They look perfect and bright.

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Ddm! Cheap and easy HIDs. I would do 35W over 55W for longevity. A lot of people go LED’s, but they tend to be a little more expensive then DDMs HIDs. I’ve also read that HIDs are a bit brighter and project further light but it’s minimal. Downside to HIDs is that through DDM Tuning, they do not match the DRL perfectly.

Good luck!

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
Ddm! Cheap and easy HIDs. I would do 35W over 55W for longevity. A lot of people go LED’s, but they tend to be a little more expensive then DDMs HIDs. I’ve also read that HIDs are a bit brighter and project further light but it’s minimal. Downside to HIDs is that through DDM Tuning, they do not match the DRL perfectly.

Good luck!
55w would definitely damage the projector housing due to the heat.

I used 55w ballasts for just a couple of days after reading its downside. You get more light in the expense of longevity and heat.

I now have the Morimoto XB35 5500k bulbs mated to an OPT7 DC 35w ballasts and lighting is great. Never been flashed ever since I had it. Planning to get Acme speedy start ballasts in the future.

Last edited:

AegeanCivicSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Aegean Blue Civic SI 4DR
Country flag
I just bought these LEDs and they look fantastic. Incredible price on them right now too. The company seems to be well-rated plus they offer an extended 6 month warranty out of the box. We'll see if they go out and they honor that, but so far so good.

BTW, totally plug and play. Took me less than a minute per side to change them out. HIDs are kind of a hassle with the ballasts and all that comes with them.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought these LEDs and they look fantastic. Incredible price on them right now too. The company seems to be well-rated plus they offer an extended 6 month warranty out of the box. We'll see if they go out and they honor that, but so far so good.

BTW, totally plug and play. Took me less than a minute per side to change them out. HIDs are kind of a hassle with the ballasts and all that comes with them.
Those do seem nice, but interesting that they don't provide any specs, just "400% brighter than Halogens"... I'll stick to the Hikari Ultras for now!

LED technology has come a long way. I used to throw HIDs into everything, but I'm totally satisfied with premium LED bulbs in projector housings now!

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI , 2023 Civic Sport
Country flag

Good luck!

Not true check out head light revolution. They have videos showing what're brighter and better.. Plus my headlights, have a lifetime warranty.

fabrizzio71

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe White Orchid Pearl
Country flag
The Xenon Depot 4300k have worked great for me. I almost got 5000k as it is supposed to be pure white, but honestly I think they match the DRL pretty well. I got 4300k as they output most lumens, and that was the whole point of me changing the headlights. Technically they won’t pass state inspection though, so I just put the old halogens back when I need to get it inspected.

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I saw this video a few weeks ago and it does a great job of explaining the difference between HID's and LED's as well as gives examples of color and spectrum.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm running DDM ballasts with Xenon Depot 5000k bulbs

I started with this DDM kit. It's bright, but the DDM bulbs started to fade a touch. The XD bulbs are better. I keep the DDM as spares
Sponsored