Which essential accessories to get for a new 2019 EX Hatchback please?

anonymouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX Hatch
Country flag
Greetings All ... new member to this awesome forum family.

I'm looking to get a new 2019 Hatchback EX shortly and wondering if it's a good idea to get clear bra on the front and for back of the side mirrors?
Roughly what should I be paying for it (range) with good quality film?

I'm also looking to get any essential accessories or two for the vehicle. Not sure if the car will have any pre-installed mud guards/flaps, etc. Not sure if there's even room to put one.

Help gratefully appreciated!

Thoughts ?? thanks!
Sponsored

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congrats! Fellow EX hatch owner here. In retrospect, I’d probably would’ve gone for a clear bra. I’ve had nicks on the lower bumper most notably that a clear film would have prevented. You can probably just go a third or half on the hood. As for the side mirrors, I’ve had no nicks at all.

Mud guards are optional, never really felt I needed them.

I’ve done these mods or accessories:

1. Chrome trim delete
2. Switched out weak halogen bulbs for LED
3. Yellow film for fog lights
4. Added OEM all weather floor mats
5. Photodon film for the touchscreen

beachesatnormandy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX-L
Country flag
I put PPF on the entire front of my car (bought it used) and it was the best thing I’ve spent my money on. I commute a lot on the DC highways so my paint is already looking rough but the PPF has kept the front looking like the day I bought it. The rocks have still found ways around the PPF on the edges of the bumper, so get it wrapped if you can.

I paid about 1k for the entire hood, fenders, and back of mirrors. The place that did mine did a TERRIBLE job so go in person to any place you’re researching and see what their work looks like.

Aside from PPF:
  • Side Markers
  • LED interior conversion
  • LED exterior conversion
  • Put sport or SI wheels on. The EX wheels don’t do the car justice

OP
OP

anonymouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX Hatch
Country flag
Hi silverrascal, beachesatnormandy - thanks!

I'll be getting a Honda Cargo tray, Honda splash guards, likely a clear bra for the hood and OEDRO mats!

Hopefully, that'll be a good start for me ... I'd like to do something about the bright fog lights but not sure if I should get yellow bulbs or film.
A friend of mine recommended Llumar clear bra film ... any thoughts about its quality as compared to say Xpel, 3M please?

Thanks again.

Donkeyhotay123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch
Country flag
Essential:
1. LED headlights because the halogens are pretty weaksauce
2. Screen Film (the touchscreen scratches easy)
3. High wall floor mats and cargo tray
4. Cargo Net to keep stuff from rolling around the hatch
5. 90 Degree USB cable for navigation
6. Door Sill protective vinyl

The cargo net would've saved me from a rogue warm can of Arizona from hitting the back of a rogue tool, causing leakage all over. Luckily I have the cargo tray, which made it easy for cleanup. I just mopped up the tea and hosed off the cargo tray. No big mess. I actually got the OEM ones on Amazon Warehouse Deal.

Anything else is up to you. I threw on dash cam, tint, a Broadway rear view mirror, Sirimoto Tower Strut Bar from Procivic, and Suma Performance Mirrors. These have improved how I feel about the car.

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
When I bought mine, the dealer threw in the splash guards and floor mats for free. I also bought a trunk mat from Amazon, but I ended up getting it for free. I also bought a Covercraft sunshade, but it doesn't fit for some reason. I wanna get side skirts and a lip spoiler but idk where to start with buying and installing them haha. I would also like to get a type r style wing, but it seems like a hassle to install.

Rayzorman1

I bleed Honda red.......
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Touring Hatchback, 2019 Type R. 2021 CRV Black Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Essential for me:
Canadian winters - Weather Tech mats - Laser cut and fitted, much better than OEM for protection but are a bit slippery when wet and brittle when cold
OEM Rear bumper guard & OEM trunk tray- hockey bag in and out
OEM door guards
Rally Armor mudguards - more substantial than OEM
Ceramic coat

Best bang for buck & highly recommended:
Hondata - running 6PSI map - custom map TBD

Best smile for buck, my favourite mods:
PRL CAI - Street MAF
Gemini exhaust
Eibach sportline springs
Rims - TBD spring 2020

Nice to have:
OEM interior illumination kit - giant PITA to install but pretty cool
CTR rear wing - found a crashed FK8 and bought the entire hatch. Easy re and re
JDM red emblems
CTR centre caps - will use stock wheels for winter hoops
Downforce Solutions rear diffuser, side skirts and front splitter - on order
Tint - TBD

Do want:
Acuity shift bits
PRL FP & DP and Turbo upgrade

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
OP
OP

anonymouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX Hatch
Country flag
Essential:
1. LED headlights because the halogens are pretty weaksauce
2. Screen Film (the touchscreen scratches easy)
3. High wall floor mats and cargo tray
4. Cargo Net to keep stuff from rolling around the hatch
5. 90 Degree USB cable for navigation
6. Door Sill protective vinyl

The cargo net would've saved me from a rogue warm can of Arizona from hitting the back of a rogue tool, causing leakage all over. Luckily I have the cargo tray, which made it easy for cleanup. I just mopped up the tea and hosed off the cargo tray. No big mess. I actually got the OEM ones on Amazon Warehouse Deal.

Anything else is up to you. I threw on dash cam, tint, a Broadway rear view mirror, Sirimoto Tower Strut Bar from Procivic, and Suma Performance Mirrors. These have improved how I feel about the car.
Thanks Donkeyhotay123!

(1) How difficult is it to install LED headlights, is there any kind of beam alignment needed (which only a mechanic/tech can perform)?
(2) Can you kindly also share links for Screen film (which type to buy, anti-glare, transparent??), headlights, USB, protective vinyl
(3) Which interior LED light bulbs could I use for replacement

I prefer warm white (3000K color temp) LED headlights, interior lights.
Not sure if all of the LED lamps are only available in super bright white.

Many thanks again!

Last edited:

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
How difficult is it to install LED headlights, is there any kind of beam alignment needed (which only a mechanic/tech can perform)?
They are a dropin upgrade. You just replace the halogens with them. The only extra step is zips to hold the extra wires in place to something in the engine bay that is safe for such a use.

Which interior LED light bulbs could I use for replacement
Sylvania makes a whole series of bulbs and Morimoto also has interior LED bulbs but there are other options from countless sites and of course, Amazon. I replaced all the interior bulbs in my Civic as well as my low beam bulbs, brake lights and reverse lights. Won't be doing signals any time soon as that is pricy where you need a load resistor for all 4 corners along with the bulbs or you will end up with hyperflash.

I prefer warm white (3000K color temp) LED headlights, interior lights.
Not sure if all of the LED lamps are only available in super bright white.
You are likely hooped on this. Most LED are 5000k or higher. You would have to go HID and even then, don't think you can get that low.

beachesatnormandy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hi silverrascal, beachesatnormandy - thanks!

I'll be getting a Honda Cargo tray, Honda splash guards, likely a clear bra for the hood and OEDRO mats!

Hopefully, that'll be a good start for me ... I'd like to do something about the bright fog lights but not sure if I should get yellow bulbs or film.
A friend of mine recommended Llumar clear bra film ... any thoughts about its quality as compared to say Xpel, 3M please?

Thanks again.
Sorry just seeing this now!

1. Fog lights are a pain to replace, I would use a film if you don’t actually need to replace the bulbs. Ex: I wanted LEDs to match so I had to replace the old halogens.

2. I have never heard of llumar but the various brands of PPF are all pretty similar. I looked at warranty and how long it lasts. I have 3M which has a 10 year warranty.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
1. Fog lights are a pain to replace,
I forgot about those and the pain that they are. There are flaps to change the bulbs but ya, I can only imagine. I don't have fogs in mine yet so it was not on my mind. When I do, I will put in Morimoto LEDs.

OP
OP

anonymouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX Hatch
Country flag
Great ... appreciated!
I'm liking all of your choices! Already got Honda Cargo tray, cargo net's on order. The Oedro floor mats fit great, so far so good!

Would also appreciate specific links for the console film screen protection (which photodon, others), LED headlamps, interior, anything else you believe is a must, etc.
I want to go with choices which folks like you are happy with please :)

Thanks again!!

beachesatnormandy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I forgot about those and the pain that they are. There are flaps to change the bulbs but ya, I can only imagine. I don't have fogs in mine yet so it was not on my mind. When I do, I will put in Morimoto LEDs.
I love how the LEDs look especially if they match the headlights. You just have to be a bit flexible to get your arm up there without taking off the bumper entirely.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
LED headlamps
http://www.morimotohid.com

https://www.prolightz.com/ - This is where I bought them

https://www.sylvania-automotive.com/apps/vlrg-us/Vlrg/

Being in Canada, I just went to Canadian Tire but you could easily check out AutoZone, Pepboys, Walmart or any regional stores you may have in your area.

You just have to be a bit flexible to get your arm up there without taking off the bumper entirely.
Well, where I didn't get them from the factory, I have no wiring harness either so it will be the case of having to take the whole bumper cover off to put mine on when it is time. These are the units I want: http://www.morimotohid.com/honda-ro...gen+Equipped)&preselect=&preselect_restrict=1
Sponsored