First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Hi everyone,

I'm running an HKS hi power exhaust on my 2019 Si. What down pipe and or front pipe should I run in order to get louder sound without compromising quality?

Let me know what your suggestions are.

Thanks!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
theslowest1

theslowest1

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Two great options are the FP/DP combos from @PRL Motorsports and @RV6 Performance.
Thanks!

If I get one brand from the fp or dp should I stick with the same brand for the other?

Any input on what sounds better or what does well with certain catback exhausts?

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There's always the down pipe of your choice with AWE front pipe back exhaust as well

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks!

If I get one brand from the fp or dp should I stick with the same brand for the other?

Any input on what sounds better or what does well with certain catback exhausts?
Stick to the same brand, and both should sound the same. Both offer catless(race) and catted(street) versions. Catless won’t sound as good in my opinion, more drone and rasp, but it’s louder and good for a tiny bit more power.

OP
OP
theslowest1

theslowest1

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Stick to the same brand, and both should sound the same. Both offer catless(race) and catted(street) versions. Catless won’t sound as good in my opinion, more drone and rasp, but it’s louder and good for a tiny bit more power.
The HKS hi power I have seems quieter than most though.

Do you think going catless would be a plus for sound or would it ruin the sound quality aside from performance?

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The HKS hi power I have seems quieter than most though.

Do you think going catless would be a plus for sound or would it ruin the sound quality aside from performance?
I haven’t heard a catless hks setup in person but I believe it would hurt the sound quality. Vader si had a catless hks setup that I think he showed off on YouTube. I also believe some recommend custom tuning when catless due to boost creep so I still think catted might be the way to go

OP
OP
theslowest1

theslowest1

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I haven’t heard a catless hks setup in person but I believe it would hurt the sound quality. Vader si had a catless hks setup that I think he showed off on YouTube. I also believe some recommend custom tuning when catless due to boost creep so I still think catted might be the way to go
Does boost creep ruin the engine?

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does boost creep ruin the engine?
It can be dangerous, but I’m no tuner or anything and I don’t even know if boost creep is a concern on our platform specifically lol
Sponsored