Which company has the most quiet exhaust on the market that is full 3"?

Nickthewaffler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic FK7, 2016 Panamera, 2000 AP1 S2000
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Totally understand where you're coming from. However, I think a lot of us are looking for ~20% sound increase and a change in tone while avoiding the drone. Some burbling/popping would be an added bonus. The 3" throughout also provides a decent power gain over stock.

QUOTE="Nickthewaffler, post: 797252, member: 23557"]
I've read through this thread, and there is just something I don't quite understand. Hopefully someone will give their input. From factory, both on the type-r and the 1.5t, the exhaust is quite IMO and in the opinion of most people I've talked to in person. Also for both cars, all a silent aftermarket exhaust does is change the tone and make the car a little bit lighter. Will not be noticed by the daily driver I mean.

So why spend a grand on a system that will just change the tone of your car, when you can't even hear the thing? The horsepower/weight difference is unnoticeable and worthless for that value.
That's just my opinion or how I see things. What's yours?
[/QUOTE]

To get the significant gains, you would need to go catless which will get you the effects you seek. But that's not what I was referring to. I do understand those people.
Sponsored

OP
OP
OrchidFc3

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
OrchidFc3

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree. I was after a stock sounding exhaust and this has been perfect so far.

the Sequence has a boost actuated valve so at around 7psi or so the valves on the center opens and becomes "louder". During normal driving (in vacuum), the valves are closed and the exhaust gas are rerouted and pass through the 2 giant mufflers and out the 2 outer tips. No drone during normal acceleration, street cruising speeds, highway cruising speeds. I recommended it to a now friend of mine @fatherpain and actually met up with him (hes a local guy) because he messaged me saying he thinks something was wrong with his exhaust since it was so quiet (stock downpipe).

be aware though ... it is full titanium and the price is very high ... You also have to route a vacuum line from the intake manifold area to the mufflers to operate the valves but that's a very simple process.

The resonated boost logic is just a tad cheaper and would be another great choice like the guy above me said. They too also use a boost actuated valve. The way they do it is when the valves are closed, the exhaust gas gets rerouted and passes through a very small pipe which reduces the noise. When it's open it is basically a straight 3". I have however not heard this one in person, but i don't think it would be that loud when the valves are closed. It is still kind of pricey though because once again it is titanium.

The valves on these two exhaust does a very good job at killing the noise and the drone when you don't want it (normal driving) and amplifies the noise when you want it to be loud (high loads)

If you want a non valved quiet exhaust, my choice would be the fujitsubo. It is very quiet in normal driving and even under WOT. However, it is also titanium and yeah ... another costly exhaust lol.

If you don't want to spend so much on a damn exhaust and a cheaper solution is needed, what other users have said is quiet and drone free is 27won, awe touring, hks. Remus i have read is another good choice. I have never heard these in person though so i can't comment on how i feel about the drone vs what i have. Drone and loudness is very subjective so it is really hard to comment on what would work for you. What works for me or others might not work for you :(
I appreciate this in depth review on the Sequence exhaust, I will have to see how much this is in Canadian currency. This sounds like it would be the perfect fit for me, but price with our conversion will likely be ridiculous since our dollar is only worth 71 cent right now...

I will look into the others you suggest since it is a cheaper route. hopefully I can sell my Thermal R&D to put some of that cash towards my new exhaust. Just not sure if anyone else would want the obnoxious sound haha.

khanguyen93

First Name
DAVID
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT TOURING
Country flag
I've read through this thread, and there is just something I don't quite understand. Hopefully someone will give their input. From factory, both on the type-r and the 1.5t, the exhaust is quite IMO and in the opinion of most people I've talked to in person. Also for both cars, all a silent aftermarket exhaust does is change the tone and make the car a little bit lighter. Will not be noticed by the daily driver I mean.

So why spend a grand on a system that will just change the tone of your car, when you can't even hear the thing? The horsepower/weight difference is unnoticeable and worthless for that value.
Because Racecar.
Jk. Imo I just want to maximize as much power as I can reliably. I do agree that just an exhaust alone is not gonna gain you much power alone, but if you combine an exhaust with dp, fp, fmic, intake, etc. there is definitely some noticeable gains to be made. You wouldn't want to restrict air at the exhaust if you have all the other supporting mods. Going FBO with a tune can really make the car more enjoyable even when just daily driving. Owning a type R it's really hard not to be a little heavy footed at times, it's nice to have extra power and noise. The stock exhaust can be really restrictive as well in terms of air flow which can limit power. You don't have to buy a stupid expensive exhaust like boost logic or sequence, there are ones that are less than a grand that will get the job done just fine. It's just that these more expensive are almost ideal of daily driving. No drone (maybe even quieter) when cruising around town, and loud when you want it to be.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag

I actually like the stock exhaust. The only thing i hated was the fact that it was just too quiet at WOT.

i didn't get it for HP or for the weight loss from it being Ti.
i wanted a valved exhaust that is audible when im driving aggressive or doing pulls but quiet like stock and not make unnecessary "noise" when im just daily driving it. (maybe i am just getting too old LOL) The only choices i had was boost logic and sequence which just happened to be Ti. Looked into Remus initially but once you include the valves and the nice tips i wanted it was getting close to Ti territory so i just increased my budget.

I appreciate this in depth review on the Sequence exhaust, I will have to see how much this is in Canadian currency. This sounds like it would be the perfect fit for me, but price with our conversion will likely be ridiculous since our dollar is only worth 71 cent right now...

I will look into the others you suggest since it is a cheaper route. hopefully I can sell my Thermal R&D to put some of that cash towards my new exhaust. Just not sure if anyone else would want the obnoxious sound haha.
yeah i feel you. the price probably is even more insane once you convert to CAD lol.
try to hear some of the exhaust your interested in person and see if they'd be willing to give you a ride along. Thats probably the best bet!

OP
OP
OrchidFc3

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
All my local FK8 friends have stock exhaust haha ortherwise that would be a great idea.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
OrchidFc3

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

CStew81

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
The Apexi N1-X Extreme Evolution is a good option. It's not throaty or raspy but very deep sounding. The best way to describe it is like the stock exhaust but turned up for more sound. Piping is 75mm so that equals 2.95 inches, so not a true 3 inch but close.

Here's my initial review: https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/best-exhaust-for-civic-type-r.35119/post-823679
I also have the Apexi exhaust and can 100% agree with you. I sometimes wish it was actually a little bit louder.

ray2633

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
idel and rev

driving

going from a stop then a quick wot

That q300 sounds good. Are there any droning issues at high speeds?

I'm currently running the r400, which is a bit too loud for me. Especially at higher speeds (50mph-80mph). I'm considering swapping to a quieter 3" exhaust. Any suggestions?

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thinking you may like the Sequence more now that’s paired with a Dream Automotive high flow catted DP and RV6 FP... The Sequence came alive under boost with these additions... though combined, they cost close to what the Sequence runs :doh:

Can check it out when we change your brake pads out:drive:

I do love the looks of the Sequence exhaust when I joined you and @fatherpain that time. Please don't take this the wrong way, but I simply was not impressed with the sound at all. Even at WOT, it didn't have much substance and wasn't striking at all compared to the stock exhaust. I'm sure the performance is there and the quality was beautiful, just not a fan of the sound.

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
Thinking you may like the Sequence more now that’s paired with a Dream Automotive high flow catted DP and RV6 FP... The Sequence came alive under boost with these additions... though combined, they cost close to what the Sequence runs :doh:

Can check it out when we change your brake pads out:drive:
Can't wait to hear it man!

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Quietest exhaust on the market if you run a catless dp IMO is Milltek Resonated. It has 2 resonators on the factory locations and a drone free muffler.

Here is my car

Sponsored