First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey you guys, I'm new here this is actually my first post, but im very excited to report, i will have my dream car for a long time coming very soon, my first si I currently own just a 2011 coupe lx, with not much done to it, but finally I am getting an si which I've been wanting for ever and the leases right now are incredible on them, luckily I use to sell Honda's so i have some good connections there, anyways to get to the point, i really wanted a blue one, but it looks like the last blue one sold in the area here so im debating on gray, white, silver or black and would apperciate anyone and every opinion you guys have, the black one I love the way it looks, but it just gets too dirty and scratched up, the gray one and white one, i like over all, just not too sure which one and silver is the most practical I think, anyways, i apperciate the responses
Sponsored

OP
OP
Speeder92

Speeder92

Blue Dream
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you getting a coupe or sedan? If a sedan, go with Rallye Red. If coupe, go with Rallye Red. :thumbsup:
Lol I don't like the red too much, plus it's such a cop magnet, I'm getting a sedan tho

BigDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe, '01 Silverado
Country flag
I got my Lunar Silver Si almost 3 weeks ago and haven't washed it... You really can't tell from a distance that it's filthy... which is exactly why I got it in that color.

OP
OP
Speeder92

Speeder92

Blue Dream
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got my Lunar Silver Si almost 3 weeks ago and haven't washed it... You really can't tell from a distance that it's filthy... which is exactly why I got it in that color.
Yea I know the lunar silver does really good with dirt, i just want a nice color not just something that does well with dirt but i am contemplating silver back and forth, I'm driving every one crazy around me trying to pick a color. You guys actually don't mind if I constantly talk about my new car lol and what color i should get

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Here's something I posted a while back in one of the many other threads/polls about color choice...

Allow me to make a poor attempt at a color analysis without letting too much bias creep in...

White Orchid Pearl - Looks luxurious - especially in certain light. It's easy to maintain and doesn't get as hot in the Summer. It's been a popular color and has replaced solid white as a standard color for almost every model of vehicle on the road (except fleet vehicles which remain solid white) making it somewhat common.

Crystal Black Pearl - Classic and sinister. Hides the controversial faux vents. Hottest in the Summer. Must be meticulously maintained in avoid showing road film, scratches and swirl marks, but beautiful after a proper detail...until it rains.

Aegean Blue Metallic - This is a very rich blue. It's a soothing, yet fun and eye-catching color. Being somewhat dark, it tends to show swirl marks if you're not careful.

Lunar Silver Metallic - A very "high-tech"-looking color. It's easy to maintain, popular, and safe.

Polished Metal Metallic - Grays is very "safe", but can be somewhat ho-hum. It is a good choice if you want to blend in and not draw attention.

Energy Green Pearl (coupe only) - "Look at meee!!!" This is a very fun, juvenile color. It's unique even in the universe of vehicle colors and will most definitely attract the most attention.

Rallye Red - This is a classic sports car color and the Si's signature color. It's the only non-metallic and non-pearlescent color available on the Si, so it's unique in this regard and is the easiest to touch-up. Rallye Red also essentially eliminates the need to spend $400-600 on the red front "lip" (front underbody spoiler) for appearance reasons since it's the same color as the car. A bonus is that a Ralley Red Si already has somewhat of a JDM badge on the back since vehicle's color shows through the chrome H. :)

My choices were limited to white, black, and red. Blue and green clash with the red badges and interior stitching. Silver and gray are too safe. I already have a white vehicle and I've had enough black ones to know how much maintenance they require, so the process of elimination lead me to Ralley Red.
Webp.net-gifmaker (3).gif

jeremiah

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si coupe, 1999 Lexus Gs300
Hey you guys, I'm new here this is actually my first post, but im very excited to report, i will have my dream car for a long time coming very soon, my first si I currently own just a 2011 coupe lx, with not much done to it, but finally I am getting an si which I've been wanting for ever and the leases right now are incredible on them, luckily I use to sell Honda's so i have some good connections there, anyways to get to the point, i really wanted a blue one, but it looks like the last blue one sold in the area here so im debating on gray, white, silver or black and would apperciate anyone and every opinion you guys have, the black one I love the way it looks, but it just gets too dirty and scratched up, the gray one and white one, i like over all, just not too sure which one and silver is the most practical I think, anyways, i apperciate the responses
All of those colors are great choices.

Here is my opinion on all of them.

Grey - Urban camouflage, blends in with the streets/concrete. A good compromise between the brightness of white and the darkness of black. Makes me think of area 51 and aliens.

White - Bright, futuristic, fresh, its a nice color for some pop and gleam. Also is a visible color so hopefully less likely to be involved in a collision. Looks great at night under lights. (this is what I have)

Silver - Mechanical, best color to show off the lines of a car...can make a fat car look more chiseled. In foggy weather, this color disappears so be weary of that.

Black - Dark, this is a great color if you can take care of the paint with proper washing/drying/detailing. No other color has the mirror shine depth of black. Also idea if your trying to hide body lines/fake vents/etc.

*If I could choose my color again, I woulda went with the grey. Not regretting the white though.

Wilefisherman

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Sedan MSM
Country flag
I went with Modern Steel Metallic (Grey) as it doesn't show dirt too bad, helps hide the funky rear vents (not as well as black though) and gives it a stealth look. I have received many compliments on its looks. Some have even said the grey gives it an aggressive look.

Color is really an emotional choice if you ask me....

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
I think gray is the best looking, but like black, hard to keep clean. I’d say white.

OP
OP
Speeder92

Speeder92

Blue Dream
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you guys for all the replies, I've been hounding my boss trying to still get that blue, because it's one I've been wanting for a while, but just from what you guys said i think modern steel will probably fit my life style the best

TheComebackKid

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MSM Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Out of those colors the Grey.
I have the grey but it was not my first choice (blue was). I let my wife choose the color since I got to chose the car lol.
The red though is really nice too.

OP
OP
Speeder92

Speeder92

Blue Dream
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Out of those colors the Grey.
I have the grey but it was not my first choice (blue was). I let my wife choose the color since I got to chose the car lol.
The red though is really nice too.
So yours was the same first choice as me, my old boss just texted me and let me know, he should be able to get the blue one for me, super excited, her name will be blue dream :D

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
Congrats and welcome to the club! That's a nice color!
Sponsored