Expo

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey guys just got my Civic Si 2020 and I wanna do a CAI for the turbo sound. Not ready for Ktuner cause I dont wanna completely trash the warrenty. Anyways. I am debating between the PRL Short Ram and K&N. Any thoughts? I dont really want to go for the cobra.
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The only actual CAI you listed was the Cobra, those two are short rams.

If you're not gonna get the Cobra or 27WON, I'd suggest the PRL short ram between those two. Or the Mishimoto which is slightly enclosed and will do better on temperatures, but will be a bit quieter. Open short rams will sound great but heatsoak hard.

OP
OP

Expo

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
The only actual CAI you listed was the Cobra, those two are short rams.

If you're not gonna get the Cobra or 27WON, I'd suggest the PRL short ram between those two. Or the Mishimoto which is slightly enclosed and will do better on temperatures, but will be a bit quieter. Open short rams will sound great but heatsoak hard.
Alright. So Mishi is best if I am going for best of both worlds. Heat soak and sound wise? Ive heard bad things about 27won in terms of fuel trims.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Alright. So Mishi is best if I am going for best of both worlds. Heat soak and sound wise? Ive heard bad things about 27won in terms of fuel trims.
Thats the first I've heard anyone complain about the 27WON, that's surprising to me. That would be my first choice TBH.

I have the mishimoto, its decent and doesn't heatsoak as badly as some other short rams. Still probably switching to a 27WON CAI though.

KnoxTn17Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si sedan
Country flag
I've been running the 27won intake for awhile and love it. Before it, I was running the prl stage 1 with k&n filter. My fuel trims are good and my temps are way better with the 27won vs oem combined with my mishimoto intercooler kit.

Honda Civic 10th gen Which Cold Air Intake? 20191215_185247

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Save money, get the BMS Intake if you only really care for the sound. It's $179, super easy to install, works better than stock, and sounds amazing.
I like all the other ones mentioned but this one here gets my vote for it's simplicity and it should satisfy you sound-wise.

Last edited:

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I vote BMS sri too. The datalogs show great trims and results. I run prl sri with great results, Not much heat in Iowa and nice and loud. If BMS was out then I would have saved some coin as I think it's very similar to prl. Prl's street maf is tuned for the same -4 LTFT as OEM and is accurate.

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Youre not going to want a short ram intake. These cars are prone to heat soak and high IATs. Youre going to want to get an intake that gets relocated almost out of the engine bay. I would recommend you getting the PRL cobra intake.

https://prlmotorsports.com/civicxcoldairintake.aspx
OP resides in Minnesota. He will have no problems with heat soak with SRI setup.
Sponsored