Which Coilovers out of these two should I buy?

Which Kit should I get?

• Total voters

JonasJoker

First Name
Jona
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
I have a Civic si and I’m in the market for coilovers and after some research about the functionality that the Si has “Adaptive Damper System” these two kits have the bypass option

TEIN Flex Z
$1,200

D2 Racing RS
$1,400

I need to know which one would work best for me I know they both are good but if someone have them on their cars I’d be really helpful to give me a review, thanks a lot

Honda Civic 10th gen Which Coilovers out of these two should I buy? 003CDDFE-D83C-4796-86A6-8EAE939B2D38

Honda Civic 10th gen Which Coilovers out of these two should I buy? 34ADEC84-FCAF-4D08-BBEF-28B49736FDCF

Last edited:

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Tein comes with the ADS damper included in the price, whereas it’s separate with the D2. ...last time I checked. :) the Teins are on my mod list. Plus, they’re Teins. Can't really go wrong.:dunno:

Last edited:
OP
OP
JonasJoker

JonasJoker

First Name
Jona
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
The Tein comes with the ADS damper included in the price, whereas it’s separate with the D2. ...last time I checked. :) the Teins are on my mod list. Plus, they’re Teins. Can really go wrong.:dunno:
with the ADS its like $200 more but it doesn't matter i just want to know which one is the best...
thank you man

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
with the ADS its like $200 more but it doesn't matter i just want to know which one is the best...
thank you man
I swear I saw them somewhere for, like, $1k all-inclusive, but whatevs. Still less expensive than the D2s, and TEIN Seems like a more thorough company. Just my $0.02.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Being able to adjust dampening wirelessly from the cabin is always a plus imo. Tein all day if given the option.

Garlow1979

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just had a set of Tein Flex Z installed in my 2017 sedan, shop installed them for about $300 plus alignment for $70. I got my flex z's for $722. This weekend I will be making adjustments to lower the front a little bit more. Looks as if the rear is lower. Shop said it's 2" lower. My first car on coilovers, I now hit bumps that I didn't know were there.

OP
OP
JonasJoker

JonasJoker

First Name
Jona
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
I just had a set of Tein Flex Z installed in my 2017 sedan, shop installed them for about $300 plus alignment for $70. I got my flex z's for $722. This weekend I will be making adjustments to lower the front a little bit more. Looks as if the rear is lower. Shop said it's 2" lower. My first car on coilovers, I now hit bumps that I didn't know were there.
how do you like it?Do you have any pic of how your car is looking?

dellyjoughnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner, '19 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Base on the construction of the coilover's tube. Tein Flex Z is not monotube which means you'll get something similar to stock suspension feel without the harshness monotube coilovers provide.

Garlow1979

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
how do you like it?Do you have any pic of how your car is looking?
Ride quality is not bad, I still need to find the adjustment that works for me, I'll take some pics today or tomorrow. I think I'm lower in the back than front. I wanna pull the wheels off and take measurements and get everything level and put it all at the height I want.

Garlow1979

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag