Which are the best windshield wipers you recommend?

OP
OP
kurokitsune

kurokitsune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hmmm seems a lot of people are for the OEM refills. Second place seems to be silicone blades, which make sense since they should last way longer.

Saw a good deal with great reviews and 6 months warranty for these:
Beam Force XTREME 26”+18” Wiper Blades w/Japanese Fukoku Rubber for Longest Life, 6-MO Warranty (Pair) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MMJ6FCN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_HGOLCbH8MSEY8

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
My vote is PIAA
PIAA are the best wipers I ever used. Had a pair on my WRX for 5 years I think. Just flipped them occasionally to take the curl out of them, but they still wiped pretty well the day I sold the car.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
PIAA are the best wipers I ever used. Had a pair on my WRX for 5 years I think. Just flipped them occasionally to take the curl out of them, but they still wiped pretty well the day I sold the car.
I use some on my Ridgeline which I take the mountains and I love them.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Best with no regard to price? PIAA. Really good, especially when cleaned and replaced once a year? OEM Honda.

I've had experiences with Rain-X, Bosch, etc. and have always found that the OEM ones were far superior, especially for the price and life. Many people don't clean their windshield and blades and expect them to work for 1-2 years. However, if you clean your windshield and blades and swap out the blades themselves each year, they work great. That's where OEM Honda comes into play too, because the inserts are so cheap, like $10 for both. It makes it a no-brainer to swap them out each year.

Last edited:

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
I'm an idiot and threw out the OEMs when I replaced them with Bosch wipers. The Bosch wipers are terrible.

OEMs cost as much as the PIAAs, so I'm not sure what to go with now.

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am still on the original wiper blades for 2 years and 50K miles. I use RainX 2 in 1 everytime I clean my windshield by hand, no other cleaner just this. Most of the time I can go without even having my wipers turned on.
Honda Civic 10th gen Which are the best windshield wipers you recommend? upload_2019-5-2_6-37-23

With my last car I only changed the wiper blades once and that was due to them falling apart. I put 175K on my Monte Carlo.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
I'm an idiot and threw out the OEMs when I replaced them with Bosch wipers. The Bosch wipers are terrible.

OEMs cost as much as the PIAAs, so I'm not sure what to go with now.
Seriously, go PIAA. I won't buy anything else. Granted, I just bought my Civic so I'm still on OEM and sometimes certain wipers just work better on certain cars, but I'll still be going PIAA once mine need replaced.

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
no your not the only one,

i don't get or understand why most people tend to think that aftermarket parts and fluids are better then OEM products,

if people stuck with OEM parts and fluids, and did maint at the required intervals, i think they would find their vehicles would last a lot longer,

it seems to me that a lot of people like to make things difficult for themselves, when it doesn't have to be that way
Pretty much in agreement with this, I use OEM blades, filters & transmission fluid. The only variation is I use Mobil1 oil & oil filters. Most, if not all aftermarket wipers, other than the PIAA, from Walmart, Advance, etc. Are made in China or Mexico, and quality, at best, is mediocre. The OEM wiper inserts I paid about $12 a pair for from my dealer were made in Japan. I usually replace them every 6 months or so and wipe them off when I wash the car. They seem to work as well or better than any aftermarket and I only have to replace the inserts, not the entire blade. :agree:

OP
OP
kurokitsune

kurokitsune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I use RainX 2 in 1 everytime I clean my windshield by hand, no other cleaner just this. Most of the time I can go without even having my wipers turned on.
upload_2019-5-2_6-37-23.jpeg
I just started using this after I wash my car by hand and you're absolutely right! Just yesterday when I was driving through a light rain shower I was amazed to watch the beads of water just rolling off my windshield lol.

Last edited:

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
I just started using this after I wash my car by hand and you're absolutely right! Just yesterday when I was driving through a light rain shower I was amazed to watch the beads of water just rolling off my windshield lol.
They also make windshield washer fluid.

OP
OP
kurokitsune

kurokitsune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They also make windshield washer fluid.
Oh does it really have the same water repellant power in the wiper fluid too? Cause I went to Autozone to pick up one, but they were out of stock so I just got Prestone Bug Wash. But apparently Prestone also has water repellant ability but I don't really feel like that is as effective as the RainX spray.
Sponsored