Which are the best windshield wipers you recommend?

kurokitsune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's definitely past time for me to replace my wipers and I'm sure that by now some of you guys have favorites for your windshield wipers. So tell me which ones do you recommend I buy to replace my stock wipers?
Sponsored

GoodBytes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
Country flag
The stock ones don't last long.
I tried Bosch ICON, they lastest longer, but not what people claimed. More like decent quality wiper blades that needs to be replaced twice or 3 a year at the very least. I pushed mine to 1 year, but didn't wipe nice and clean

I got PIAA silicon wipers recently. No ideal on the long term, but wipes super well. The downsides is that the driver blades doesn't full touch the class about a quarter inch at the top, so there is a drop of water remaining. I manage to temporary fix this by bending the wipers at the top, but it returns to its old state soon after. Not the end of the world but yea, for the price, I didn't expect this.
I am trying to see if I can device a workaround to solve this problem.

OP
OP
kurokitsune

kurokitsune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I read about how silicone wipers are supposed to last far longer that the traditional rubber wipers.

I was also looking at those RainX wipers that apparently also coat your windshield with their water repellent, but as expected that special feature is short-lived.

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
It's definitely past time for me to replace my wipers and I'm sure that by now some of you guys have favorites for your windshield wipers. So tell me which ones do you recommend I buy to replace my stock wipers?
I got tired of trying different wipers and paying extra for the whole wiper arm. Now I just buy stock refill blades from a discount Honda online store. I get my air filter, cabin filter and wiper blades all at the same time to save on shipping.

OP
OP
kurokitsune

kurokitsune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got tired of trying different wipers and paying extra for the whole wiper arm. Now I just buy stock refill blades from a discount Honda online store. I get my air filter, cabin filter and wiper blades all at the same time to save on shipping.
Can you tell me which site you use?

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I read about how silicone wipers are supposed to last far longer that the traditional rubber wipers.

I was also looking at those RainX wipers that apparently also coat your windshield with their water repellent, but as expected that special feature is short-lived.
The Rainx wipers chattered and wiped unevenly on my truck.

I have a set of Trico on my Civic, and I'm happy with them so far. Even pressure across the blade without the streaking the stock ones had

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Yeah I stick to the oem blades. One important thing to do as well is to take a damp rag and wipe the blades clean when you notice streaking. Usually this will take care of it because most of the time the blades just got some dirt or bugs stuck to them causing the streaking.

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
Since my 2000 Accord, Civics 04, 06, 10, 13, 16 and now my 19 have used OEM inserts in factory blades, never had a problem, replaced every 6-12 months, cost at dealer, $8-12 a pair, seconds to replace. No reason to pay for Bosch or RainX @ $20-35 a pair. Plus, prefer the looks of the OEM blades, less bulky. I use Rain-X washer fluid, working well for me. Occasionally clean the windshield with BonAmi and a new sponge. YMMV. All that being a given, would purchase silicone inserts if they made them to fit OEM blades.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
Since my 2000 Accord, Civics 04, 06, 10, 13, 16 and now my 19 have used OEM inserts in factory blades, never had a problem, replaced every 6-12 months, cost at dealer, $8-12 a pair, seconds to replace. No reason to pay for Bosch or RainX @ $20-35 a pair. Plus, prefer the looks of the OEM blades, less bulky. .

This say all :thumbsup:
Sponsored