Which aftermarket ehaust systems will pass at laguna seca?

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor / 2019 CTR
Country flag
Alright. I just placed an order for my next track car. A CBP 19'. Will probably be delivered to me sometime next week but in the mean time, I've already begun shopping for some mods.

First things first. What aftermarket exhaust would you guys recommend that will be quiet enough to pass at Laguna Seca? For those who aren't familiar, the track there has a noise regulation of 92 (sometimes 90) db. So i'm looking for something that will help the car breathe a little better, reduce weight, and still be able to keep it semi quiet. lol.

btw. I'll make an introduction thread soon. Just waiting for the car to get here. lol.
Sponsored

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Unless your set on the sound increase an exhaust would be far down the list vs cooling mods, wheels and tires and some brake changes.

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Unless your set on the sound increase an exhaust would be far down the list vs cooling mods, wheels and tires and some brake changes.
yeah. Already have some of those mods ordered.

So far I have:

Te37 OG 18x10 +41 Squared
Yokohama A052 - 255/35/18
Girodisc Rotors
Endless MX72 Brake Pads
USR Turbo Blanket
UGRP Lava downpipe blanket
Shorai Extreme Powersports battery
PRL Intercooler
Oil Cooler - Not sure which one yet.
Intake - Not sure which one yet.

ostudent

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
any HKS exhaust. tested by myself on a 90db day no problem at all.

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
That's a question to be checking into with the Clubs that are on the Events Schedule.
Assuming that you don't know what "exhaust" is appropriate, means you don't belong to a club at this point.
You will need a license as well (not your CDL).

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Alright. I just placed an order for my next track car. A CBP 19'. Will probably be delivered to me sometime next week but in the mean time, I've already begun shopping for some mods.

First things first. What aftermarket exhaust would you guys recommend that will be quiet enough to pass at Laguna Seca? For those who aren't familiar, the track there has a noise regulation of 92 (sometimes 90) db. So i'm looking for something that will help the car breathe a little better, reduce weight, and still be able to keep it semi quiet. lol.

btw. I'll make an introduction thread soon. Just waiting for the car to get here. lol.
HKS Legamax.

With a catless dp, it still only does 93db I think.

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Seems like the HKS Legamax is louder and breathes better but the Hi Power is the lighter one. haha.

Has anyone tried fujitsubo or boostlogic?

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Check out the Remus exhaust. It has an electronically-controlled valve system (via a bluetooth remote) so you can set the sound to be as loud as stock (100% closed) or basically straight piped (100% open) or somewhere in between to achieve the dB target you have. I have it on my daily driver. See link for a detailed write-up I did on it: https://www.civicx.com/threads/remus-exhaust-detailed-review.30099/

zsak

First Name
Tej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Turbo S2000, 2014 SRT Jeep Grand Cherokee , 1998 Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
I never understood why a race track has a sound restriction, especially if they have nascar running there that is clearly way louder than any exhaust on a civic.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I never understood why a race track has a sound restriction, especially if they have nascar running there that is clearly way louder than any exhaust on a civic.
Sometimes its # of days in a year they have agreements with the local area about when they can have no noise restriction. They will probably use those days for the major events.

zsak

First Name
Tej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Turbo S2000, 2014 SRT Jeep Grand Cherokee , 1998 Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
Sometimes its # of days in a year they have agreements with the local area about when they can have no noise restriction. They will probably use those days for the major events.
Are there houses/businesses near that racetrack? Just curious.
Sponsored