Where's the 10th Gen. Si Hatchback?

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Not much difference really. They dyno within 10-12whp of eachother.. put a ktuner on the sport hatch and a stock Si isnt keeping up.

Check yourself.
I've owned the Hatch 6spd for a year and a half then went to Si.

THERES BIG DIFFERENCE lol.
Sponsored

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Unlikely to see any major changes in the lineup with the hatch selling as well as it is.

The article mentions a hatch with a smaller spoiler. But the key ingredients of the CTR are still there (exhaust, hood, brakes, wheels, and seats). Likely Honda mulling over a cheaper version for some markets.

Moving the Si to hatch form requires some additional R&D. Rear suspension, rear bushings, rear interior panels, and exhaust would likely all have to be different. Wouldn't make sense to do for a 2 year production run, IMHO. At least while we have a variant in sedan form.

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
A lot more to the Si then just HP.
...yeah but its not a huge difference overall.... you guys make it seem like its the other side of the story... its a fucking lsd, 25 advertised hp and adjustable shocks.... sways... like really.... thats not huge. Lots of keyboard fan boys who are just loyal to what is perceived as better. The sport hatch will do 97% of everything the Si will.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
...yeah but its not a huge difference overall.... you guys make it seem like its the other side of the story... its a fucking lsd, 25 advertised hp and adjustable shocks.... sways... like really.... thats not huge. Lots of keyboard fan boys who are just loyal to what is perceived as better. The sport hatch will do 97% of everything the Si will.
Keep telling yourself that. I've owned the hatch for a year and half + tuned running 23 PSI.

Deleted member

The irony of saying that given the context lol
I agree- a guy who drives a CVT saying it is 97% of an Si is calling other people keyboard fanboys for pointing out the numerous, major differences between the vehicles; it is a little ironic for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

AndreyL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree- a guy who drives a CVT saying it is 97% of an Si is calling other people keyboard fanboys for pointing out the numerous, major differences between the vehicles; it is a little ironic for sure.
Didn’t realize he drove a CVT. That makes it all the more ironic. And a little sad...

Deleted member

Didn’t realize he drove a CVT. That makes it all the more ironic. And a little sad...
I don't mean to be harsh and I love the Sport Hatch. That said- it's possible to make the Si very close in straight line performance to the Type R for relatively little money. If I went into a thread and said that the Si was virtually as good as the Type R as a driver's car because of that Type R owners would be very quick to explain why that is incorrect.

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wouldn't give up my hatchback sport for a si for many reasons.
1 I dont like the look of the SI
2 the hatch just looks 100% better
3 i dont track the car so dont need fancy suspension since and if I did I would just upgrade better than OEM
Now that's just my opinion
Sponsored