Where to replace tires?

darrvao777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR, '18 G550
Country flag
I'm unfortunately not bright enough to do this myself and don't have any great independent shops near me

Where do you go for swapping out the tires?

1) I'm assuming going to the dealership is a great way to get ripped off?

2) I had success going to Costco in the past to get my Hellcat tires changed but I understand only a few places have the correct tire mounting hardware for the CTR wheels?

3) I've used Tire Rack in the past to order the tires online and went with one of their recommended tire installers but it seems like The Tire Choice is all they recommend now

Thanks
Sponsored

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I'm unfortunately not bright enough to do this myself and don't have any great independent shops near me

Where do you go for swapping out the tires?

2) I had success going to Costco in the past to get my Hellcat tires changed but I understand only a few places have the correct tire mounting hardware for the CTR wheels?

3) I've used Tire Rack in the past to order the tires online and went with one of their recommended tire installers but it seems like The Tire Choice is all they recommend now

Thanks
Still on my OEM tires, but I plan to order online and take it to the dealer. I see coupons all the time for a good deal having them mounted and balanced.
I wonder if an alignment is necessary after replacing the tires..

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
I can speak as far as purchasing the tires, usually my best bet is Discount Tire Direct. This time around, I ended up going with simplytire.com because DTD didn't carry the brand I needed and couldn't get it. DTD hands down is the best priced, especially when you stack rebates, price matching and sometimes they even throw their road hazard warranty for very cheap. I've used it a few times in the past too- they ship you out a new tire if you damage yours, basically for the whole life of the tire.

EdG

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
The very thin nature of stock tire requires special machines to change them. There are threads discussing this and complaints from people with damaged rims when the correct machines were not used. I'd do my homework to make sure who ever does it has the correct equipment.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I went to Firestone they gave me a killer deal and priced match tire racks price PLUS threw in free balancing/install.. that sealed the deal

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
My local Honda dealer told me to go to Discount Tire for wheel service, they said they didn't have the proper tools to dismount tires on the OEM CTR rim without causing damage, I was surprised this was a Honda dealer position, but glad they were up front about it.

My local Discount Tire was really good to deal with, they knew I was concerned about my rims so they had the shop manager swap out the OE contis for new Hankooks (the contis were bald)

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Tire Rack's recommended installers supposedly have the proper equipment to handle the tires. Is there a reason why you're looking elsewhere?

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
Tire Rack's recommended installers supposedly have the proper equipment to handle the tires.
I second this; it's how I found the tire guy I wanted to use, it's definitely a handy tool that they have their recommendations listed
Sponsored