Where to Place Jack Stands when Your Jack is using the Jacking points.

Jotun

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2020 BMW M2c , 2020 LR Defender 110
Country flag
Is there no good spot near the control arm mounting points?

I am sure there is. I've never had a vehicle that didn/t have good spots for jack stands on LCA's.
Sponsored

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
My endgoal for this is to get a set of QuickJacks - expensive but the only 'not installed permanently' solution that appeals to me. Ramps and such I've done always nerve racking and I just hate jackstands because I just have no idea how well made they really are lol.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
you make a good point. i usually do my own oil changes they really make it a pain for this car from what i am seeing.

haltamer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 (UK / RHD!)
Country flag
I've seen slight bending on the center jacking point as well as the pinch-weld jacking points (And yes, I'm using the jacking points and not the seam weld!)

I'm not too precious about it; They're jacking points and are there to be used. At some point I'll perhaps look at touching up the paint on, and then applying some kind of rubberised / bituminous underseal to the side jacking points to keep them tidy, but I'm not overly concerned at the moment.

The center point was my own silly fault as I hadn't noticed the rubber puck on my jack had popped out.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
My endgoal for this is to get a set of QuickJacks - expensive but the only 'not installed permanently' solution that appeals to me. Ramps and such I've done always nerve racking and I just hate jackstands because I just have no idea how well made they really are lol.
looked up quickjacks and oh my lord they are expensive.......
For that price you could just take the car to your friendly honda dealer and have them do it

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
looked up quickjacks and oh my lord they are expensive.......
For that price you could just take the car to your friendly honda dealer and have them do it
Yeah but figure they are for life - I can do my wife's car - so not without use. More than anything - my life is worth a grand for safety.

Short of these I'd go with RaceRamps with the cupped wheel blocks where you can just take the ramp out after the car is settled. Just not a fan of ramps with them moving and such.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
before I got my quick jacks, I used to do this.... jack up at one of the rear side jack points in front of the rear wheels high enough to get a jack stand under the front jack point. Then, lower the rear. Then, jack from the center of the front subframe to get front at the height I wanted. Then jack from center point to get the rear where you want w/ 4 jack stands.
Civic Coupes w/ center exhaust have no central rear jack point. If you know of one, please find it for me.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Civic Coupes w/ center exhaust have no central rear jack point. If you know of one, please find it for me.
If you have the same jack points as the Type R it's really the most easy jack point ever - look under your bumper to the left of your exhaust there is a square bit sitting down = that's the rear jack point. Wish the front were so easy lol.

Just to the left of the exhaust, that black square bit just inside the edge of the bumper -

Honda Civic 10th gen Where to Place Jack Stands when Your Jack is using the Jacking points. 0-Honda-Civic-Type-R-FK8-LEGAMAX-Premium-Exhaust-2

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
I use race ramps with the removable ramp portion as much as possible....but unfortunately not an option when you need the wheels off.

Kind of just accept that even the reinforced portions made for jacking are going to get a little messed up after repeated use. Was careful with my GTI using rubber pucks and they still got beat up.

Just be sure to NOT buy harbor freight jackstands. Utter garbage, had one fail after deforming under load. I always have a safety net via an extra jack or stand just in case and luckily it didn't shift or anything....but just pony up and get good ones. Jacks themselves I would still buy from HF just because you shouldn't be using them to hold the weight of the car beyond getting it up anyway, so it should be assumed they can fail at any time. Have 3 jacks from them and all work fine.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you have the same jack points as the Type R it's really the most easy jack point ever - look under your bumper to the left of your exhaust there is a square bit sitting down = that's the rear jack point. Wish the front were so easy lol.

Just to the left of the exhaust, that black square bit just inside the edge of the bumper -

0-Honda-Civic-Type-R-FK8-LEGAMAX-Premium-Exhaust-2.jpg
Right, I know that. Not there. I’ll take a pic later to show everyone.

Unrelatedly: nice underside. ?

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Right, I know that. Not there. I’ll take a pic later to show everyone.

Unrelatedly: nice underside. ?
not my car just found a stock pic to illustrate what I was saying :)

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
I use race ramps with the removable ramp portion as much as possible....but unfortunately not an option when you need the wheels off.

Kind of just accept that even the reinforced portions made for jacking are going to get a little messed up after repeated use. Was careful with my GTI using rubber pucks and they still got beat up.

Just be sure to NOT buy harbor freight jackstands. Utter garbage, had one fail after deforming under load. I always have a safety net via an extra jack or stand just in case and luckily it didn't shift or anything....but just pony up and get good ones. Jacks themselves I would still buy from HF just because you shouldn't be using them to hold the weight of the car beyond getting it up anyway, so it should be assumed they can fail at any time. Have 3 jacks from them and all work fine.
Didn’t HF recall all of their jack stands this year for this reason? Last time I was in there, they didn’t even have any for sale anymore.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Didn’t HF recall all of their jack stands this year for this reason? Last time I was in there, they didn’t even have any for sale anymore.
I clearly didn't get the memo lol but I don't trust jack stands in general and even use backups now with my nicer made in usa somethings.
Sponsored