Where to Place Jack Stands when Your Jack is using the Jacking points.

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
Not sure what you are asking? If you mean use for the center jacking point I don't know. It does clear the side skirts when using the pinch point position with my jack. I have the standard tops with a hockey puck for the C4S and bought the "pinch weld tops for the R. For an oil change they worked great for me. Put the pinch point top on the jack, roll it under and start lifting. Once high enough slide the stand under and lower car into place. Easy Peasy. I like these stands...very sturdy.

BTW my jack is nothing special. 1.5 ton HF aluminum.
Awesome, thank you. That is exactly what I was asking, if these would clear the side skirt. I don't see the pinch weld tops listed on their site, I assume that's what they call the standard pads - https://shop.jackpointjackstands.com/JackPoint-Jack-Stand-Pair-Standard-Pad-Matte-Finish-JPSPMF.htm
Sponsored

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
Those are the ones! When I ordered my set in 2015 I didn't own the Honda so got the set with low profile top. The pinch weld set works well for me on the Type R. Note if you get a set and they come with pins and pads don't use those on the Honda...of course.
Awesome, thank you. That is exactly what I was asking, if these would clear the side skirt. I don't see the pinch weld tops listed on their site, I assume that's what they call the standard pads - https://shop.jackpointjackstands.com/JackPoint-Jack-Stand-Pair-Standard-Pad-Matte-Finish-JPSPMF.htm

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
Those are the ones! When I ordered my set in 2015 I didn't own the Honda so got the set with low profile top. The pinch weld set works well for me on the Type R. Note if you get a set and they come with pins and pads don't use those on the Honda...of course.
Perfect, thank you!

AngryLettuce

First Name
Badger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type-R
Country flag
Use additional jacks or axle stands under the lower ball joints for added peace of mind, just be aware that the car can still drop slightly when the springs compress if your main jacks fail.
Always use wheel chocks too:thumbsup:

Litfuse

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered CTR
Country flag
I did my first oil change on my CTR today. I jacked up the car on one side and put a race ramp under the tire. Went to the other side and did the same thing. Worked out great and felt safer than using jack stands.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
I did my first oil change on my CTR today. I jacked up the car on one side and put a race ramp under the tire. Went to the other side and did the same thing. Worked out great and felt safer than using jack stands.
This. This is a trick i learned from the PPF installer. If you don't need to take the wheels off this will work.

If your jack lifts high enough, you might be able to jack the opposite end high enough to fit a stand in. meaning, if you want to put a stand under the drivers side front point, jack up the rear drivers side point as high as it can go. You might be able to fit a jack at the lowest setting in the front.

razz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sentra
Country flag
I might be a weirdo but I’m able to get the car on all 4 jack stands pretty easily. There’s a reinforced area underneath the front doors which is where I place my floor jack. The car is stiff / rigid enough that I can place both front and rear jack stands 1 side at a time.

I lift 1 side, place F/R jack stands. Move to other side, lift, place jack stands, profit.
Do you have a photo of the lift point? Is it part of the frame?

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
@ Gansan,

/\ LOL 😳
Sponsored