Where to buy air filters online?

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I looked at some threads & a lot of people recommend OEM Honda engine air filters & cabin air filters. One local dealer doesn’t list any parts prices online & has 10% discount coupons. Another local dealer’s online sale price is higher than most online vendor’s list prices.

Any recommendations for OEM online parts dealers?
Thanks
Sponsored

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Honestly, I just buy them on eBay. Legit OEM ones have been $13 for my si on there.

OP
OP
BriteBlue

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I looked on Ebay & there were not a lot of genuine Honda OEM filters. The few that I saw were $4-$5 more than the Honda online parts vendors. IOW about $20 each for either an engine or cabin air filter. On a positive note they had free shipping.

The online vendors were cheaper but charged shipping. For a single engine air filter the one vendor was charging $19.75 for shipping. I thought that was nuts until one vendor wanted $34.61.

Amazon didn’t show any OEM Honda filters on the first page of their listings, at least not for my part numbers.

wilbur_the_goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring, '14 BMW 328i Sport Line
Country flag
You don't need a genuine Honda air filter. Just get one with a good brand reputation. If you're worried, change it annually - cheap insurance.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Did you try collegehills Honda? I’ve gotten products from them fairly priced

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
Amazon $20 and less. Unless you want to pay $160 for engine and cabinet filters at dealer.

OP
OP
BriteBlue

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
You don't need a genuine Honda air filter. Just get one with a good brand reputation. If you're worried, change it annually - cheap insurance.
I know I don't need a genuine Honda air filter & don't usually buy OEM filters. But I've seen a thread or two here where people prefer them for one reason or another & seem to be get them at a good price. Therefore I was looking for source.

OP
OP
BriteBlue

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Amazon $20 and less. Unless you want to pay $160 for engine and cabinet filters at dealer.
Amazon did not have an OEM air filter for my car, unless the listing was buried several pages deep. If I use aftermarket I'll just go to an auto parts store or W-mart.

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
BriteBlue

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I might have looked at that vendor or similar before. They won't tell you the shipping until after you fill in your personal information. I know I can delete it or make up information but I shouldn't have to do that in order to get a OTD price.

FWIW, I looked up a Fram cabin air filter on W-mart's site and it was $19.97.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I get mine at Walmart. Honda is a ripoff for their filters nowadays. When the 10th first came out I could get an engine filter for like $12. Now they want $30+ for the same filter. Check yours every 10k miles. In AZ I have to replace engine filter at 10k and interior filter every 5k. Gets dirty quick.

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I might have looked at that vendor or similar before. They won't tell you the shipping until after you fill in your personal information. I know I can delete it or make up information but I shouldn't have to do that in order to get a OTD price.

FWIW, I looked up a Fram cabin air filter on W-mart's site and it was $19.97.
That's weird, I can get my shipping quote at the cart before the card info page...
Honda Civic 10th gen Where to buy air filters online? Screenshot_2021-08-04-12-26-34

But for sure, the fram ones from Walmart would definitely work too. Myself I just goes with Blitz, theirs are reusable, I just have to clean it every year? but of course it's more expensive.

TriangleHeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe (FC4, K20C2)
Country flag
For filters I usually buy OEM, more so the engine than cabin air.

I used to use aftermarket a long time ago but the quality of the filter media varies too widely and the fitment or seal is bad on some. On some AM cabin air filters they cut them differently so the size isn't exact if you measure them. You don't replace these every 3000 miles so paying a few dollars extra, to get a guaranteed good seal and the media they designed the intake and blower for is worth it in my book. If you replace the air filter every two years, divide the 8 dollar or so savings by two years, that's like amortized at that point, half a penny per-day lol.

As for where to get them, College Hills or Bernardi Parts is good. The problem with online dealership websites like those though is they charge a ton in shipping (usually in the 16-20 dollar range) which is often the same or more than the cost of the actual filter. I find eBay to be better because you can still buy through dealerships there (they list their parts on it, I've seen Apple Honda and Curry Acura for example) and for things that sell at high volume like wiper inserts, oil, cabin or engine air filters they usually offer them at a lower shipping price to compete with the other listings for aftermarket parts, something they don't have to do on their own site. Where the online dealership websites win is if you have a large order of things you need to buy at once like oil filters and a bunch of fluids like Type 2 and HCF-2, then the shipping becomes reasonable for a heavy weighing order in the hundred dollar range. For single one-off high volume item purchases, dealership listings on eBay is usually cheaper.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BriteBlue

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
That's weird, I can get my shipping quote at the cart before the card info page...

But for sure, the fram ones from Walmart would definitely work too. Myself I just goes with Blitz, theirs are reusable, I just have to clean it every year? but of course it's more expensive.
Your right. I'm guessing I missed that because I went to the checkout screen.

Honda Civic 10th gen Where to buy air filters online? 1628156020940
Sponsored