simKohli

First Name
Simarpreet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 LX
Country flag
I have a 2016 Honda Civic LX and I want to get engine oil changed (Synthetic).

Can anyone suggest/recommend a good mechanic from where I can get this done?

Also Honda Dealership is offering oil change at $CAD 66.98. Is it the cheapest I can get?
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Unless you're willing to DIY, personally I'd rather pay the dealer the 70 bucks and know I'm getting OEM quality synthetic oil and a filter by a properly trained tech.

bb49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic
Country flag
As many have mentioned, the Honda dealer price is excellent. The last time I was at a quick lube for an oil change those places were quoting about $100. I didn't bother with it.

SimarK87827 ?

CTRx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic
Country flag
You might be able to save $15-20 at a local garage but the dealer is not that bad for normal oil changes if you are not going to do it at home. Skip anything but their oil changes though as it is expensive!

OceansX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport touring
Country flag
Go to the dealer..everything will be in the their system for record purposes and you get to drink their free French vanilla while you wait lol

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Go to the dealer..everything will be in the their system for record purposes and you get to drink their free French vanilla while you wait lol
Oceans, have you gotten any grief from the dealer with your SRI / DP ? Do you hide your Ktuner / flash back to stock when you go in?

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Dealer is usually your best bet but my first oil change the tech didnt tighten the oil pan properly after draining it so the car dumped all of its oil out on my driveway overnight. Had to tow it back to dealer, but they fixed it and are giving me a free oil change and tire rotation next time around so it's not all bad. I would still recommend just going to the dealer. Price wise, it isn't the cheapest but also not outrageously expensive.

OceansX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport touring
Country flag
Nope my friend is a technician at the honda dealer I go to so he does everything for me no issues. I get the hookup on service and price. Also everything is legit in the system.

Oceans, have you gotten any grief from the dealer with your SRI / DP ? Do you hide your Ktuner / flash back to stock when you go in?
Sponsored