First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just upgraded from a 2017 Touring to a 2020 Si.
Rattles in the 2017:
Sub rattle - solved by shoving shims between the crack sheet metal and the brake light plastic housing inside the trunk, as well as bending the wires on the far front side of the sub away from hitting the cone of the sub.
Driver door/a-pillar rattle: diagnosed by pushing my knee to the left against the armrest area to move the door panel inwards. My guess is that either the door panel was rattling against the concave part of the dash, or the separate plastic piece that holds the tweeter had loose/broken tabs. solved by putting felt pads on that concave part of the dash, also shoving a pack of gum or something else with similar thickness and squishiness in that crack between the door and the dash.
any other rattles were solved with the universal problem solver - bang on the general area until the noise/problem is gone.
on the 2020, no rattles so far. maybe the sub wire rattle when the volume is cranked to max and the subwoofer power setting is set to max but i haven’t attempted solving that yet since it’s very rare.
Sponsored

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2019 Coupe EX

Had a rattle on the driver side next to the steering wheel (close to where the buttons for the traction control are). Has seemingly subsided, pressing up on the area made it stop, but it only seemed to do it when I was traveling <25mph on less than smooth road. Haven't noticed it in a while.

Bigger more annoying rattle that has been more recent, somewhere in the headliner, almost above my head. Pressing up on the headliner makes it stop for a minute or so, but any bumps on the road make it start again. When it's very cold before the car gets warmed up, there's also a rattle more from the back seat area of the headliner close to the brake light. But seems to stop once the car warms up inside.

Sub rattle intermittently. It only seems to happen with certain songs, seems less tied to amount of bass and more to specific frequencies.

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
Mainly around the dash. Sometime inside the driver and passenger door. Lived with it for four years until traded it in haha.

BoxsterSteve

still plays with cars...
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Porsche Boxster S, 2018 Civic Touring sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Headliner area on passenger side. Pretty much has gotten worse and worse and no permanent fix so far. The roads in my area are rough so that doesn't help.
I had a headliner rattle/buzz/vibration, but on the driver’s side and waffled over pulling the headliner down for over 2 years afraid I would break something.
Funny thing is, I had bought the roll of foam shortly after buying the car... over 2 years back.
It took less than 2 minutes to pop the headliner down, find the roll of foam, tear off a piece, stuff it in and click the headliner back in place.
No more goddamn buzzing noise.
Hell yeah, brother!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I had a headliner rattle/buzz/vibration, but on the driver’s side and waffled over pulling the headliner down for over 2 years afraid I would break something.
Funny thing is, I had bought the roll of foam shortly after buying the car... over 2 years back.
It took less than 2 minutes to pop the headliner down, find the roll of foam, tear off a piece, stuff it in and click the headliner back in place.
No more goddamn buzzing noise.
Hell yeah, brother!
Lucky you. I've tried the same, many times. It always comes back. Part of it is the crap roads around here.

koriw1.5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
2020 Si Coupe

#1 The center dash speaker rattle....

#2 The steering wheel airbag rattle...

Both remedied when applying some sort of pressure.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2020 Si Coupe

#1 The center dash speaker rattle....

#2 The steering wheel airbag rattle...

Both remedied when applying some sort of pressure.
#2 might be solved by pressing on it, then tightening the screws on the sides, yeah?

koriw1.5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
#2 might be solved by pressing on it, then tightening the screws on the sides, yeah?
Maybe, honestly sounds like the wiring harness inside bouncing around. When I drive, I just keep my thumb against it and it doesn't make a sound.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe, honestly sounds like the wiring harness inside bouncing around. When I drive, I just keep my thumb against it and it doesn't make a sound.
Hmm. Removing the two screws would allow you to pull the airbag unit off a bit, and look around, maybe move the wires around?

koriw1.5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hmm. Removing the two screws would allow you to pull the airbag unit off a bit, and look around, maybe move the wires around?
True, after disconnecting the battery.....of course.

alao01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex-L
Country flag
- Found out yesterday, the leftside of the sway bar end link nut was loose and caused some play and knocking sounds so I tightened it up and added some loctite. Hopefully that helps out.
- Also found some squeaking like rubber on metal. Located it somewhere near the right strut rubber boot. Also, coming on leftside too but can't pinpoint.
- Theres been this knocking noise near the middle vents of the HU that others reported as common too.

OP
OP
McDavid

McDavid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX
Country flag
Had a rattle in the trunk, that I had fixed last year, come back :/
Sponsored