the27thaxe

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I keep my Front Plate in my glove box, trying to get away with not mounting it for as long as I can. It rattles sometimes on cold mornings.
Sponsored

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan ā€¢ 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag
The a-pillars on both sides are known to rattle, with the sound seeming like itā€˜s coming from the dash vent. A 1/4ā€ thick felt pad (typically used to prevent the legs of chairs from scraping on the floor) shoved in between the a-pillar and the dash (low and out of sight) solved the rattles for me.

Also, the center of the dash is known to rattle on start-up for a minute, then dissipates.

My current super-slight rattle/noises are:
1. Passenger seat, right bolster.
2. Driver seat belt above my left shoulder subtly scratching on the seat itself. Sounds like a tiny squeak.
I had a rattle/buzzing on cold startup that sounded like it was coming from the cluster hood/visor area. I was pushing on dash stuff to see if I could pinpoint it, and then reached under the dash a little to the right of the steering column, and there were a couple of cables or wires/looms that were touching. Separated them by feel - I didn't bother to look under the dash to see which wires it was - and have not had it happen since.

My current noise is when turning while going through the lower gears. It almost sounds like when small rocks get stuck in the tire sipes and they make contact with pavement. But it's not a consistent pattern like that situation would be. Haven't had the opportunity yet, but I'll probably put it up on stands this weekend and start exploring.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had a rattle/buzzing on cold startup that sounded like it was coming from the cluster hood/visor area. I was pushing on dash stuff to see if I could pinpoint it, and then reached under the dash a little to the right of the steering column, and there were a couple of cables or wires/looms that were touching. Separated them by feel - I didn't bother to look under the dash to see which wires it was - and have not had it happen since.

My current noise is when turning while going through the lower gears. It almost sounds like when small rocks get stuck in the tire sipes and they make contact with pavement. But it's not a consistent pattern like that situation would be. Haven't had the opportunity yet, but I'll probably put it up on stands this weekend and start exploring.
Thanks, Iā€™ll give that a shot!

Good luck in your rattler-hunting! ?

TiltCtrls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Sub rattle - solved by shoving shims between the crack sheet metal and the brake light plastic housing inside the trunk, as well as bending the wires on the far front side of the sub away from hitting the cone of the sub.
Could you send a picture of where you put the shims between the crack sheet metal and the brake light plastic?

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I get a new rattle every week it seems, but thatā€™s what you get from a 27won race motor mount. My favorite though is the steering wheel airbag rattle

Last edited:

lowlife.drew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Both A-Pillars, easy fix with some felt tape where they meet the dash and the upper portion closer to the headliner.

The occasional rattle in the headliner right above the driverā€™s sun visor. When it comes around, I just crank up the music or roll the windows down. Too lazy to pull the headliner honestly ??ā€ā™‚

Biggest annoyance is the driverā€™s door where it meets with the side of the dash. Anyone have a decent solution to this? I donā€™t want to just have some random foam tape patch stuck to the door or dash that Iā€™ll always see. Might try putting some foam in the middle to the door card to try and make the front of it bow-in

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Both A-Pillars, easy fix with some felt tape where they meet the dash and the upper portion closer to the headliner.

The occasional rattle in the headliner right above the driverā€™s sun visor. When it comes around, I just crank up the music or roll the windows down. Too lazy to pull the headliner honestly ??ā€ā™‚

Biggest annoyance is the driverā€™s door where it meets with the side of the dash. Anyone have a decent solution to this? I donā€™t want to just have some random foam tape patch stuck to the door or dash that Iā€™ll always see. Might try putting some foam in the middle to the door card to try and make the front of it bow-in
Looking forward to seeing how your solution to the door rattle works out.

redcoats1976

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe,2015 camaro RS
Country flag
Mine is rattling somewhere near the air vents below the a-pillar:

IMG_20210118_140821.jpg

Sometimes there is absolutely nothing, but when it's cold outside and I'm doing short trips then you can clearly hear something vibrating.
yup...there it is.

redcoats1976

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe,2015 camaro RS
Country flag
Mine is rattling somewhere near the air vents below the a-pillar:

IMG_20210118_140821.jpg

Sometimes there is absolutely nothing, but when it's cold outside and I'm doing short trips then you can clearly hear something vibrating.
i wiggled on the vent area a little and it went away,might not be a permant fix though.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i wiggled on the vent area a little and it went away,might not be a permant fix though.
The Wiggle Methodā„¢ļø! Typically works in other contexts as well. ?

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
The better question seems to be "Where isn't my rattle?"

I've grown used to many of them and the country roads near my house probably don't help. The most annoying ones, for me, are heard when I open the sunroof. They are either around the sunroof liner or in the headliner somewhere or in the b-pillar somewhere.

OP
OP
McDavid

McDavid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX
Country flag
Figured out my trunk rattle, was passenger rear light assembly, I didnt secure it properly after replaced my bulbs.

Still have an small rattle around glive compartment that I haven't figured out yet, but with warmer weather now it's not as bad

gimpy9195

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic ST
Country flag
Driver's A pillar towards the base when cold. Goes away after warming up the cabin.

Behind the sunroof in the headliner. Banging doesn't help but I have a paper towel wedged in the gap between slide and the headliner. Had a velcro uniform patch wedged and lost it to the headliner when I opened the sunroof inadvertently.
Sponsored