Where is/was your rattle?

McDavid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX
Country flag
Post your rattle(s) and if/how you stopped them.

I currently have a rattle somewhere around the glove compartment, started about a month ago and I have yet to figure it out and its frustrating.
Sponsored

booost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hahaha I had the same, it was my wheel lock rumbling inside there. I put it in a pouch and solved that. I have one right now which seems like it's plastic carbon inserts in the dash trim. only rattles in like 1st gear. I also have a 27won RMM so everything rattles, it's all good though lol.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Headliner area on passenger side. Pretty much has gotten worse and worse and no permanent fix so far. The roads in my area are rough so that doesn't help.

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine is rattling somewhere near the air vents below the a-pillar:

Honda Civic 10th gen Where is/was your rattle? IMG_20210118_140821

Sometimes there is absolutely nothing, but when it's cold outside and I'm doing short trips then you can clearly hear something vibrating.

Last edited:

mforcino

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Mine is rattling somewhere near the air vents below the a-pillar:

IMG_20210118_140821.jpg

Sometimes there is absolutely nothing, but when it's cold outside and I'm doing short trips then you can clearly hear something vibrating.
Same for me, just noticed it the other day.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A-pillar on drivers side. Don't really notice it except on slow bumpy roads. I know that its probably the clips that hold it in. Haven't tried to fix it yet, but 2 sided tape will probably work.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The a-pillars on both sides are known to rattle, with the sound seeming like it‘s coming from the dash vent. A 1/4” thick felt pad (typically used to prevent the legs of chairs from scraping on the floor) shoved in between the a-pillar and the dash (low and out of sight) solved the rattles for me.

Also, the center of the dash is known to rattle on start-up for a minute, then dissipates.

My current super-slight rattle/noises are:
1. Passenger seat, right bolster.
2. Driver seat belt above my left shoulder subtly scratching on the seat itself. Sounds like a tiny squeak.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
A-pillars two winters ago.

I also get subwoofer rattle at times as well. Note that I'm not talking about blasting rap music at volume level 30, I'm talking about playing Sara Bareilles at volume level 16 lol.

I'd like to explore that area someday and insulate it better if possible, but I wouldn't know what the heck I was doing if I check it out.

Qchon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7 Sport Touring Polished Metallic
Country flag
2018 Sport Touring Hatchback

Rattles in the Headliner above passenger and drivers side, dash near the speaker, and passenger B pillar where the seat belt is. I had the dealer put in insulation foam in the headliner, helped but still rattles on rough roads. Will be insulating the car further down the road.

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag

CopperPeacock

First Name
Brianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 MSM FC3
Country flag
Driver side silver door trim.

Pass side c pillar

Sub rattle will be fixed soon enough.

In case you're curious, the spiders in the factory woofers have a tendency to come unglued. It's entirely possible to remove it and reglue the spider down to fix it.

LoneWolf77

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
2020 civic hatch

Noticed a rattle in the driver's door near the window. Only seems to happen when the car is cold. I'll live with it for now.

ATLAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
2018 Sport Touring Hatchback

Rattles in the Headliner above passenger and drivers side, dash near the speaker, and passenger B pillar where the seat belt is.
Ditto on the rattle in the headliner on the driver side. I first I thought it was just the visor vibrating slightly when it was locked/clicked in. So I unlocked/clicked it and the rattle didn't completely go away. Not enough to really annoy me as it can't really be heard while driving at higher speeds.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Anyone who is hearing rattles by their door should try and press against their A-pillar and see if it goes away. If it does, then it's the same rattle that everyone else gets.

The A-pillar is the curved section between your window and windshield.

Honda Civic 10th gen Where is/was your rattle? 2551caff60cfc94c38a978e1bfc2d225

There are plenty of videos explaining why this happens and how to fix it without messing with the speaker or airbag or whatever the heck is inside of there (honestly I forget). I haven't done it yet because I haven' t had that rattle in over a year, but it doesn't seem too inconvenient if you have the right material to fix it.
Sponsored