Where is the hatchback? Expectations?

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
I thought the same thing but then realized the Civic hatch they're selling right now in Europe is at the end of its life cycle. I don't remember where I got that information. The spyshots of the hatch we've seen seem to show a more grown hatch. Maybe we're mistaken and it isn't a Civic hatch in those spyshots...
The Type R spy photos show what the next gen hatchback will look like - http://www.civicx.com/threads/first-look-at-2017-civic-type-r-hatchback-prototype-spy-pics.350/
Sponsored

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Because the current euro hatch isn't based on the 10th gen platform. It's not even built on the 9th gen Civic platform, but on a modified Fit platform. The current Euro hatch will be replaced by an all new hatchback based on the 10th gen platform sometime in 2017 when production starts in the UK, where the hatch will be built for worldwide sales.
There we go - that's the fact I was trying to pull out of my brain!

Word! The renders the guys have done of the car, based on the spy shots with the camo removed, look great! I only hope for a MY2017 but that is seeming less and less likely.