Where is the 2017 Hatchback SPORT bike rack?

l3randonf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Chevrolet 1500, 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
We have center exhaust. Is there a rack for center exhaust? Roof rack unacceptable.
Sponsored

xavp1x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback
Country flag
look into the seasuckers bike rack. its pretty dope just ordered mine yesterday for my bikes

fegan

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I'll second the SeaSucker bike rack (I got the Talon). Although it's a roof rack it's not a permanent installation like a Yakima or Thule.
I have cycling friends who have used these SeaSucker racks and say they're wonderful...I've used mine twice and have no complaints.

syncro87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic sedan EX-T, '18 Prius Two, '09 Scion xB, '88 R100RT
Country flag
We have center exhaust. Is there a rack for center exhaust? Roof rack unacceptable.

The hitch companies are probably of the opinion that the center exhaust Civics are too limited of a market. Not worth developing a hitch, stocking inventory that they don't think they'll sell. From their point of view, the glass is half empty...only a "few" Civics with the center outlet, and far more without.

Or, perhaps they've looked at it and found a technical reason not to offer it.

One thing is for certain. If enough of you center exhaust guys contact Draw Tite, Curt, and Torklift Central, the chances of someone introducing a compatible hitch are far better. Nothing gets things moving like 20 or 30 emails a week asking someone to take your money. The Sport and Si crew should be pounding out emails to these companies on a sustained basis.

usaoze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 HATCH SPROT TOURING, 2012 WRX SEDAN
Country flag
I did to CURT...NO RESPONSES/REPLY

usaoze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 HATCH SPROT TOURING, 2012 WRX SEDAN
Country flag
I'll second the SeaSucker bike rack (I got the Talon). Although it's a roof rack it's not a permanent installation like a Yakima or Thule.
I have cycling friends who have used these SeaSucker racks and say they're wonderful...I've used mine twice and have no complaints.
Can you post pictures of how it looks/fit?

fegan

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Can you post pictures of how it looks/fit?
Had the bike on my car today so I grabbed a pic. There are a few other pics of the Talon on the new Civic in these forums, just search for "Talon" to find them.

Honda Civic 10th gen Where is the 2017 Hatchback SPORT bike rack? ima

Last edited:

mp2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 NSX, 2017 SI sedan
I did to CURT...NO RESPONSES/REPLY
This was from may

Hello, Moses.

Unfortunately, we do not have any plans at this time for a hitch on the Honda SI or R models.

Sincerely,

Scott Bentley

Customer Service

mp2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 NSX, 2017 SI sedan
Has anyone tried a regular sedan hitch on a sedan si? Looks like the hitch would come under the exhaust.

justinjspog

Civic Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
The hitch companies are probably of the opinion that the center exhaust Civics are too limited of a market. Not worth developing a hitch, stocking inventory that they don't think they'll sell. From their point of view, the glass is half empty...only a "few" Civics with the center outlet, and far more without.

Or, perhaps they've looked at it and found a technical reason not to offer it.

One thing is for certain. If enough of you center exhaust guys contact Draw Tite, Curt, and Torklift Central, the chances of someone introducing a compatible hitch are far better. Nothing gets things moving like 20 or 30 emails a week asking someone to take your money. The Sport and Si crew should be pounding out emails to these companies on a sustained basis.
I have contacted Curt. Has anyone else contacted these folks?
Sponsored