Where is the 2016 Civic coupe?

Ken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
Has anyone heard any news about it? I mean sedan is nice and all... But I am interested in the coupe...as are many people here.

# frustrated
Sponsored

Fg4Marko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP FK8, 2019 Touring PWP Coupe
Country flag
I too am waiting for any news on this seems they are being very very tight lipped on the coupe so it doesnt over shadow the sedan lol

Viet_Racer

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic EM1
Country flag
I too am waiting for any news on this seems they are being very very tight lipped on the coupe so it doesnt over shadow the sedan lol
Yep I think that's exactly the reason why we haven't started to see or hear about teasers for the coupe. They're in the middle of launching the sedan so they want to keep all focus on the sedan. I'm sure once the sedan launches we'll start to see stuff geared towards the coupe. Hopefully in meantime we'll get some more spy sightings of it. :bow:

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
It does make sense from a sales POV since it outsells the coupe by a lot. Gotta give the bread and butter its proper due, dont wanna alienate the grocery getters after all :D

I think it'll be worth the wait... from what we are seeing of the sedan I think a few inches shorter will be just about perfect with this new design. The fastback profile was built for two doors on this car IMO.

Fg4Marko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Agree 10th, i do hope that the release of the coupe doesn't suck as bad as it did in LA for the sedan.....that was terrible, i mean what idiot planned that out? Who cares about this up and coming band??? Great they sing........we all wanted to see the car and it was over shadowed by this band, the Chicago release was a much better done, more info on the car and no stupid filler......this car will be my next purchase ive been waiting..........my 2012 si is looking at me all scared now lol

shephrd

Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
By the way, based on Honda's previous release history with the Si, precisely when should we expect to see the 10th generation Civic Si at dealerships? Is it next Spring, Summer, Fall, or Winter in 2016?

Fg4Marko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nothing is precise when we are speculating but id say maybe jan/feb when the auto shows start to show up is when we might see the next coupes, again thats speculation at best, the show is Feb 12-21st here in Toronto so id immagine around then for the showing of the car and maybe a month or so after that for the release............. maybe, Honda hasnt really kept up with its previous release time line and the new cars seem to be taking the lime light so we might see them sooner then later as the plants have started to produce them here in Alliston, Ontario

OP
OP

Ken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
Then why did they release the Accord sedan and coupe at the same time. Honda reads these forums... All I got a say is its not good to antagonize your customers! ;P

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
Honda has C&D to thank for screwing up part of the reveal :) It really would've been a lot more exciting if the whole world didn't see it beforehand lol.

My 2 cents.. release the coupe along with media drive reviews.
Nothing is precise when we are speculating but id say maybe jan/feb when the auto shows start to show up is when we might see the next coupes, again thats speculation at best, the show is Feb 12-21st here in Toronto so id immagine around then for the showing of the car and maybe a month or so after that for the release............. maybe, Honda hasnt really kept up with its previous release time line and the new cars seem to be taking the lime light so we might see them sooner then later as the plants have started to produce them here in Alliston, Ontario
*If* Honda debuts the coupe at an auto show and not at its own private event like they did with the sedan, it'll probably be at a bigger N.A. show than Toronto. The LA show is coming up next month and the Detroit show in January so I think those are the two likely shows the coupe could debut.

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic SI, 2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda has C&D to thank for screwing up part of the reveal :) It really would've been a lot more exciting if the whole world didn't see it beforehand lol.

My 2 cents.. release the coupe along with media drive reviews.

*If* Honda debuts the coupe at an auto show and not at its own private event like they did with the sedan, it'll probably be at a bigger N.A. show than Toronto. The LA show is coming up next month and the Detroit show in January so I think those are the two likely shows the coupe could debut.
Don't forget SEMA. If history repeats itself, the coupe could debut there.

Fg4Marko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh for sure theyll release it before TO lol we are like last on the damn list, i was making a point that the car will more then likely be there thats all

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
Don't forget SEMA. If history repeats itself, the coupe could debut there.
Looked up the last time they debuted an Si at SEMA and it was the updated 2014 model year which debuted at SEMA on Nov 5 2013. Honda announced that debut on Oct 25.

SEMA is about the same date this year so if we're going to see the Coupe and/or Si debut there then we might see a press release announcing it in about 20 or so days. :fingerscrossed

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
Yeah, I can wait for a purchase date, but I want to know the damn specs!

Whoosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Well the specs will be pretty much the same as the sedan specs. So hopefully those are released with the reviews that'll be posted in a week or so.
Sponsored