Drakenkorin

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon-to-be 2020 Type R
Country flag
Hey guys, I finally decided to pull the trigger on a 2020 CTR. I am beyond pumped for this, it has been my dream car since they announced the prototype in 2016.

Now to the issue... I pulled the trigger with the dealership on May 16 (dealership is located in the GTA). They told me it would take 2 days for the car to get to the dealership. It is now May 27, the car has been delayed delivery and the dealership can't give me a delivery date. We are taking it day by day. So here I am left wondering what, if anything, can be done to get more information as to the car's whereabouts and why there seems to be a hold up.

Is anyone having the same issue getting their hands on one? What can I do aside from exercise patience and rant about it on the forums?!

Thanks,
Cam
Sponsored

905Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Sensing, 2020 Kia Telluride SX
Country flag
I know it's frustrating, especially when you drop serious dough on something, but at the same time with the COVID situation it seems like all shipments are delayed, and cars are probably no different. I'm sure the wait will be worth it! Maybe you can squeeze out some free service appointments or something out of them for the inconvenience?

OP
OP
Drakenkorin

Drakenkorin

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon-to-be 2020 Type R
Country flag
I know it's frustrating, especially when you drop serious dough on something, but at the same time with the COVID situation it seems like all shipments are delayed, and cars are probably no different. I'm sure the wait will be worth it! Maybe you can squeeze out some free service appointments or something out of them for the inconvenience?
Good idea, thanks! I'll try that. I am frustrated that I was told it would be no big deal and so they had set that expectation. Now I'm left without much info at all. ? I know the wait is worth it, it's just excruciating!

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
Could they be leading you on while they wait for an allocation?

2020PMM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PMM Type R, 2018Honda CR-V Touring
Country flag
Hey guys, I finally decided to pull the trigger on a 2020 CTR. I am beyond pumped for this, it has been my dream car since they announced the prototype in 2016.

Now to the issue... I pulled the trigger with the dealership on May 16 (dealership is located in the GTA). They told me it would take 2 days for the car to get to the dealership. It is now May 27, the car has been delayed delivery and the dealership can't give me a delivery date. We are taking it day by day. So here I am left wondering what, if anything, can be done to get more information as to the car's whereabouts and why there seems to be a hold up.

Is anyone having the same issue getting their hands on one? What can I do aside from exercise patience and rant about it on the forums?!

Thanks,
Cam
Request the dealership ask for a "Honda Sold Order, VIN Tracking Report". It does not cost the dealership anything and they can do one everyday to track exactly where a specific VIN is. You may have to speak to the overall sales manager of the dealership to get someone who knows what one is and how to request it from Honda. Good luck.

OP
OP
Drakenkorin

Drakenkorin

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon-to-be 2020 Type R
Country flag
Request the dealership ask for a "Honda Sold Order, VIN Tracking Report". It does not cost the dealership anything and they can do one everyday to track exactly where a specific VIN is. You may have to speak to the overall sales manager of the dealership to get someone who knows what one is and how to request it from Honda. Good luck.
OK - that sounds like something I can look into and make myself feel better lol. Much appreciated!

OP
OP
Drakenkorin

Drakenkorin

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon-to-be 2020 Type R
Country flag
Day 14 - The wait is beyond excruciating. With each passing day, an opportunity to experience the thrill of owning the Type R is simply squandered away. This is my personal hell. Oh Great One, Soichiro Honda, have mercy on my soul.

OP
OP
Drakenkorin

Drakenkorin

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon-to-be 2020 Type R
Country flag
The car came a day after my last post. Then I came. This car is sweet. Thanks for keeping me comforted!!
Sponsored