Where do you store your pistol?

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
So he banned a style? What was offensive about the style: the color or the scary shape? Otherwise it's just a rifle. And besides, it's ok if guns look scary.
I always wondered what do the assaulters do when their assault fails? Do they drop the "assault weapons" and pull the "defense weapons" out of their pockets? :hmm:
That explains it all :doh:
Sponsored

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
That explains it all :doh:
You haven't known this before? :eek: That's understendable if you are not particularly interested in firearms and haven't been in the military.:cool:

lilfeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2017 hatchback sport touring
Country flag
They have lots of guns and they have a tyrannical government .:doh:
That's the proof guns don't work !
If you mean the United States has a tyrannical government, I would have to assume you are being humorous, or are wholly uninformed.

Tanuktun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
There was no argument to begin with. You gave no facts and expected an essay reply?

I'd expect more than a single word reply, even though in march 2014, 4 people stabbed 178 people in a single incident in China (guns illegal) or the uk marking 43k knife crimes over 12 months prior to March. (The place where you can't even defend yourself)

You can play numbers games all you want. End of the day, if someone want to hurt someone else, they'll figure something out.

19typeRblk

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Porsche 944 turbo S, 1978 Porsche 911SC, 2014 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
I lived in the States now, but grew up in Canada. I was around guns ( rifles and shot guns) all the while growing up. So its not totally gun free by any means. But what the US has is the second amendment and no politician would dare try to change that.
Ive lived in the US since 1996 and never met a person with a hang gun of any kind. fortunately. There was a mass shooting on the East Coast of Canada not too long ago, so if some loser bonehead wants to go on a shooting sprea, its pretty hard to stop unfortunately, no matter what laws are passed

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
I'd expect more than a single word reply, even though in march 2014, 4 people stabbed 178 people in a single incident in China (guns illegal) or the uk marking 43k knife crimes over 12 months prior to March. (The place where you can't even defend yourself)

You can play numbers games all you want. End of the day, if someone want to hurt someone else, they'll figure something out.
I agree with "End of the day, if someone want to hurt someone else, they'll figure something out." Its true. But Id rather live in a country where there's no guns rather than a country where guns and knives are everywhere. If i remember the US constitution was written in the late 1700's? Its a completely different country. I hear the tyrannical government argument but do you honestly think the population can defeat the US military? In terms of self defense, if I was going to break into somewhere, guess what I'm going to be bringing with me if I know the owner has a gun. Problem is, if you have no way of 'crazies' getting hold of a gun, there shouldn't be guns available.

I lived in the UK for the first 30 years of my life, not sure who told you that you cant defend yourself. I've lived in Canada for the last 10 years too, same as the UK. Never in my 40 years have I heard a gunshot, know anyone who's been shot let alone never even seen a gun. Same with knives.

Tanuktun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
I agree with "End of the day, if someone want to hurt someone else, they'll figure something out." Its true. But Id rather live in a country where there's no guns rather than a country where guns and knives are everywhere. If i remember the US constitution was written in the late 1700's? Its a completely different country. I hear the tyrannical government argument but do you honestly think the population can defeat the US military? In terms of self defense, if I was going to break into somewhere, guess what I'm going to be bringing with me if I know the owner has a gun. Problem is, if you have no way of 'crazies' getting hold of a gun, there shouldn't be guns available.

I lived in the UK for the first 30 years of my life, not sure who told you that you cant defend yourself. I've lived in Canada for the last 10 years too, same as the UK. Never in my 40 years have I heard a gunshot, know anyone who's been shot let alone never even seen a gun. Same with knives.

I say that because a 78 year old was arrested 2 years ago for stabbing and killing a 38 year old burglar in his own home who came at him. The burglars family was allowed to put a mural for the thief on the homeowners fence

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
If i remember the US constitution was written in the late 1700's? Its a completely different country. I hear the tyrannical government argument but do you honestly think the population can defeat the US military?
The "times have changed" argument actually works against you. When the 2nd ammendment was adopted, all that was needed to resist any government and its army was a bunch of men with good rifles and a few cannons. Because that's essentially all any military had at the time.
Today, the governments have at their disposition tanks, black helicopters, machine guns, and a lot of other weaponry. So, to serve the purpose of the 2nd ammendment, and that purpose did not in any way change today, logically and obviously, the people need bigger, not smaller guns and a stronger, not weaker constitutional protection of self-defense.
What twisted logic :dunno: would lead you to a conclusion that since the government became so well armed, the People should now just give up and surrender any hope of resistance? If it's the logic of fear, I'm afraid it's an oxymoron.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I understand. I'm not sure what you're reading my comment because never dictated how anyone should defend their family. But at no point in Canada do we want to dictate anything in the US, nor are we interested in doing so. We just agree that we don't want to go down the US path of guns. I lived in the UK for 30 years and Canada for 10. Very similar systems to each other and it works without seeing people shot everyday. What happens if two law abiding people get into an altercation and both own guns?
The crime rate by US permitted gun owners is lower than that of the rest of the population, including cops. Yes, US cops commit more crimes than legal gun owners.

Next question? What you don't have in Canada and the UK is the supply of murderous criminals that we have. But that's changing in the UK rapidly, and the murder rate was up 40% in 4 years. The US murder rate continues its 3 decade decline despite (or because of) the huge increase in gun ownership.

The facts just aren't on your side. But you do have control-hungry statists on your side.

JudgeCrater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, Ridgeline, Accord
Country flag
I just keep my G19 on my hip at 3:30 with a Crossbreed IWB holster. I don't find it uncomfortable at all. You want to minimize holstering and upholstering as much as possible. That is when people have accidental discharges.