Where do you store your pistol?

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Not a gun owner. But the area between the center console and the passenger seat keeps my flashlight and umbrella secure and handy. Maybe a holster (or whatever) would fit snugly in that area?
Sponsored

NotSerious

First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018CivicLXSedanCVT
Country flag
So, we need MORE guns on the street?

We have a gun problem in this country, so your input into this is to buy another gun?
In Canada a few weeks ago, a guy in Nova Scotia murdered 22 people over more than 12 hours before police caught up to him. Of course, in Canada, handguns are strictly regulated and must only be used for target practice in licensed clubs. It is strictly forbidden to carry one for protection in public. So, the killer had sitting ducks that could do nothing but die.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Nova_Scotia_attacks

Trudeau's answer to this shooting ? Take long guns away from law abiding citizens.

Canada is an anti-gun activists dream, yet they still have about the same number of violent mass-murders per capita as America does. They even have these types of incidents in New Zealand and Australia.

Police are not there to protect you. They just show up after the fact and draw a chalk line around your body. By not allowing law abiding citizens to protect themselves, you are giving power to criminals and terrorists. They don't abide by the law.

Last edited:

UpDok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe (white)
Country flag
The best and safest way to carry a pistol in a car is in a good quality holster that is strapped to its owner. The pistol is more likely to be misused or stolen if simply left unlocked in the glove-box or center console. Some states require guns left unattended be in a secure lock-box that requires a key, fingerprint or combination code to unlock.

We have a gun problem in this country, so your input into this is to buy another gun?
Ha! this sentiment cracks me up. We are living in a country with more guns than cars. Its absurd to wave the anti-gun banner in a land where people own hundreds of millions of guns. it makes a lot more sense to learn how to use and store guns in ways that are safe and legal.

Instead of thinking of guns as inherently evil, maybe try considering them as safety devices kind of like fire extinguishers or lifeguard equipment that can be used to safeguard innocent life. If you don't like guns that's fine, but don't try to restrict other people from their rights

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Armrest console for me. Full size M&P in its holster (Safariland GLS 578) fits in there with room to spare. I use a microfiber cloth sitting at the bottom and another one kinda wadded up in the negative space between the non-paddle side and the wall of the console so it doesn't rattle around. Either that, or the holster stays on my hip while I'm driving.

My 365 stays on my waist if I'm carrying that one.

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
2 places for me.
- Driver's Door pocket (in a holster)
- Tactical Ballistic Cordura Seat covers: can get tactical pouches and pieces to clip them to the backs of seats if desired, like next to the First Aid kit and stuff

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I mean if you're looking for ease and quickness to access then it's under the cupholder. No point in putting it in the backseat or the glovebox if you need it quickly at some point. Just don't leave it in there when you get out of the car.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag

Gun crime is dropping as gun ownership increases. You can twist yourself into knots explaining that if you like.

To the OP, you can appendix carry, pocket carry, ankle carry - or put it in a holster and put the holster in the glovebox or center console. I wouldn't leave it in the vehicle (except in the trunk) or leave it unholstered, imo.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
In Canada ...
Canada is an anti-gun activists dream, yet they still have about the same number of violent mass-murders per capita as America does. ....
Not that you would trust them but NPR in 2019 said "... The national average in the U.S. is 4.43 deaths per 100000. By contrast, in Canada, the figure is 0.47 per 100000....".

False facts don't help the issue when anyone can Google!

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You folks are doing a great job of not allowing this to become a gun (pro or con) post. Please keep it up. I appreciate it and believe the replies to the OP are of value.