Where do you store your pistol?

MYSI2112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ SI
Country flag
Possible controversial topic here. I am getting my concealed carry permit this year. I am reaching out to see if anybody has any nifty ways to store their gun in their car. Ideally, I would like to have it stored somewhere secure, reachable, but also concealed. One of my biggest concerns is it being thrown around the car from tight turns or hard stops. Only place I can think of is in the space under my cup holders. But that’s not very secure. Thoughts?
Sponsored

CPA1989

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Personally, I would keep the pistol on my person, in an ankle holster or maybe a shoulder rig. I'll second Snidely's thoughts about the glovebox while driving.

OP
OP
MYSI2112

MYSI2112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ SI
Country flag
Have you thought about the glovebox? When you mean secure, you mean while you are driving right? Never leave a pistol in a parked car unattended
Yeah the glove box is fine. I could see myself forgetting about it in there. I understand that leaving a pistol in the car unattended is a big No no. I was hoping to see someone with one of those car gun holsters. Something that I can conveniently slide in and out.

OP
OP
MYSI2112

MYSI2112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ SI
Country flag
Personally, I would keep the pistol on my person, in an ankle holster or maybe a shoulder rig. I'll second Snidely's thoughts about the glovebox while driving.
Right right. I may be able to do that depending on the size gun I get. It will most likely be a Glock 19. I will have to play with the comfortability of it on me while driving. Glove box is also fine but a little inconvenient.

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
MYSI2112

MYSI2112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ SI
Country flag
I have seen many magnet style mounts that either stick or bolt to the interior trim that I highly doubt would wiggle at all through tight turns especially with how light a Glock is, I would check this one out a few of my friends who are police/military use this.
https://tacxprogear.com/gun-magnet-...MIkOyRp_i_6QIVUtbACh05wggTEAAYASAAEgI99vD_BwE
Nice! That is exactly the type of storage I was imagining. Be cool if some civicx members could show their set ups. I know there probably aren’t a lot of people on here with this type of mod.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
So, we need MORE guns on the street?

We have a gun problem in this country, so your input into this is to buy another gun?
Oh lawd.

Dont come into a pro-2a post if your not pro-constitutional rights....

dirtrider216

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport Touring, 2006 4Runner (for sale)
Country flag
Not sure if you have one already but a good appendix holster will let you carry comfortably while driving
I use a vedder light tuck aiwb and can drive 3-4 hours before I start to notice my g43
If I carried a g19 I would probably use a tier 1 axis
Either way sitting isn’t really an issue, just hike up your waist band at the gun as you sit down so it doesn’t gouge you and you should be set

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
What about the passenger seat back pocket. Could be adapted maybe with some insert if the piece tends to move around, but I don't see it ever coming out even with crazy driving. Unless you roll over I guess.

OP
OP
MYSI2112

MYSI2112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ SI
Country flag
What about the passenger seat back pocket. Could be adapted maybe with some insert if the piece tends to move around, but I don't see it ever coming out even with crazy driving. Unless you roll over I guess.
If I roll over, I have a lot bigger problems. ?

brownman

Driving a car in the land of the truck
First Name
eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic lx sedan
Country flag
I do a microfiber in the door, doesn't rattle and always available, also really hard to forget when its on the route out of the vehicle
Sponsored