taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Glad you guys have holster solutions, and good places to carry, but where do you lock it in the car
No locking it up in this climate.
Honda Civic 10th gen Where do you store your pistol? IMG_20200601_070900
Sponsored

Last edited:

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Just a reminder to think about if you are in an accident.... where would the gun end up? Could it exit the vehicle? Could it discharge during a violent impact? Is it near flesh that could really be damaged from it?

At least in the center console its somewhat "enclosed".

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Just a reminder to think about if you are in an accident.... where would the gun end up? Could it exit the vehicle? Could it discharge during a violent impact? Is it near flesh that could really be damaged from it?

At least in the center console its somewhat "enclosed".
I don't disagree at all. I do take the risk of it ejecting. But with a non safety trigger pull, I don't leave one in the chamber.

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I mean.. kinda? Grey area, really. OP was asking where in the car to store his firearm, so kinda general 10thgen. loll
:hmm: It does have that little area down by the 12 V cigarette lighter plug-in that's kind of a unique area to stash stuff.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MYSI2112

MYSI2112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ SI
Country flag
I mean.. kinda? Grey area, really. OP was asking where in the car to store his firearm, so kinda general 10thgen. loll
I thought about posting in the off topic discussions but I wanted to see 10th gen Civic specific pictures of storage locations/car holsters. Figured that qualified as general 10th. It was a stretch. Lol

lilfeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2017 hatchback sport touring
Country flag
Not what you really asked for but for to and from range, in case I want to stop along the way at some other business I use this with the cable through a seat anchor in my hatch. I wanted it since I have no trunk and it might keep a smash and grab punk from getting a firearm.

SnapSafe Lock Box With Combination Lock https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LW82KT4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tau_GtD1Eb0ZS78ZH

I know you were looking for something handier, for ccw, but this is not bad for stowing you’re carry when entering a gun free zone.
Those magnet installations for underdash that hold the slide would make sense If quick access is your goal. Try YouTube search to see if you can fins any reviews. I have always heard that off body carry of a loaded weapon is a bad idea.
By the way, that case can hold a full size 1911 and a vp9 at the same time, or one of those with a mag or two. Not saying how I know....
Cheers, be careful and responsible with that pistol.

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
I don't have a place to lock it, but my roomie does when he has to go on base (Nellis AFB), since they started allowing weapons on base, provided it's in a lock box. He has a little lock box he keeps under his seat attached to the car with a steel cable. Not the quickest access locking solution, but a locking solution nonetheless
This is what I do, picked up a $20ish Harbor Freight lock box and loop the steel cable under the driver's seat. Downside is accessing it since I keep the key attached along with my ignition key so It's not easily accessible in a hurry or while driving so I only ever keep it locked if I go somewhere where I can't bring it inside. Also the lock is a joke, but smash 'n grabbers likely don't have the time or brain cells to bother with picking it.

So does anybody know of any custom electonic firearm locking systems available for 10th Gen Civics?

Must be in reach of the driver's seat and preferably out of sight when looking in from outside, but quick to access. I've just never heard of companies or custom auto shops offering these, but I would like a professional looking and secure way to secure large handguns along with some extra magazines ideally.

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
This is what I do, picked up a $20ish Harbor Freight lock box and loop the steel cable under the driver's seat. Downside is accessing it since I keep the key attached along with my ignition key so It's not easily accessible in a hurry or while driving so I only ever keep it locked if I go somewhere where I can't bring it inside. Also the lock is a joke, but smash 'n grabbers likely don't have the time or brain cells to bother with picking it.

So does anybody know of any custom electonic firearm locking systems available for 10th Gen Civics?

Must be in reach of the driver's seat and preferably out of sight when looking in from outside, but quick to access. I've just never heard of companies or custom auto shops offering these, but I would like a professional looking and secure way to secure large handguns along with some extra magazines ideally.
There's just not a lot of room in these vehicles for such a thing. You'd have to go really custom to get something out of sight and have quick access, I'd think.

The only way I could imagine it working, is gutting the center console and using something like this top-opening safe mounted inside.

Honda Civic 10th gen Where do you store your pistol? Car-Gun-Safe-Feat-1

But you'd probably have to cut open the floor of the center console to even get it deep enough for a safe like that and to have it out of sight and allow the arm rest to close on top of it.

lilfeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2017 hatchback sport touring
Country flag
Check out VAULTEK, they have something new called a life pod. It’s electronic, small enough for a backpack. I have a couple of their products for the house and have been happy with them. No direct experience with life pod.

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Possible controversial topic here. I am getting my concealed carry permit this year. I am reaching out to see if anybody has any nifty ways to store their gun in their car. Ideally, I would like to have it stored somewhere secure, reachable, but also concealed. One of my biggest concerns is it being thrown around the car from tight turns or hard stops. Only place I can think of is in the space under my cup holders. But that’s not very secure. Thoughts?
That’s a very good question because I was actually going to ask the same. I had just recently bought a new car and was trying to figure out a safe location for my pistol to be secured while driving but not drill any holes. But both of my pistols are .380’s so not really big like the Glock 19 which I used to have for conceal carry. I am also looking at getting the Glock 43 since it’s a 9mm and I can do all my reloading for that ammo. But as far as placement goes for securing your gun, you’d best bet would be on you. In case you need to access it quickly and you’re not digging around in your car for it.

legalkill

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic SI Sedan Aegean Blue
Country flag
This topic discussion is a lot different on the Ford Ranger (Wife's truck) forum. I did find this on there though. Not sure where this may fit in a SI though.

Last edited:

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
How is it controversial? Don't let people take your rights away brotha!

Stupid gun laws in NY (*ahem* safe act) do not do crap to deter criminals shooting a place up. The black market is flooded with cheap illegal assault rifles everywhere. Government fools think taking away law abiding citizens rights will make peace.
Any-who, that's a story for another day.

Gosh, fools nowadays who think guns are all "evil". If a criminal has one ready to kill me, who am I to not carry one to defend my family and I?
Sponsored