Where do you store your pistol?

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Not sure if you have one already but a good appendix holster will let you carry comfortably while driving
I use a vedder light tuck aiwb and can drive 3-4 hours before I start to notice my g43
If I carried a g19 I would probably use a tier 1 axis
Either way sitting isn’t really an issue, just hike up your waist band at the gun as you sit down so it doesn’t gouge you and you should be set
Honda Civic 10th gen Where do you store your pistol? 20200527_015909

Came in today!
Sponsored

slab42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Si Sedan
Country flag
First off, guys, stop responding to the self righteous anti-gun folks. They are just derailing the conversation because of their own ignorance... Just ignore them so this post stays on topic for OP's sake.

I keep mine on my hip when driving, but I have considered a place to store it out of the way. there really isn't a great spot. Under the column seems to be the better option. Everywhere else is either really inaccessible or will go flying in an accident.

I am interested to hear where people store their weapons when they can't take it with them (going into the post office, court, etc.) I used to simply put it in the glovebox and lock the glovebox, but the civic doesn't have a locking glovebox or console. I was considering a lock box under the rear deck (sedan) accessible from the trunk. Anyone have any ideas there too?

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
First off, guys, stop responding to the self righteous anti-gun folks. They are just derailing the conversation because of their own ignorance... Just ignore them so this post stays on topic for OP's sake.

I keep mine on my hip when driving, but I have considered a place to store it out of the way. there really isn't a great spot. Under the column seems to be the better option. Everywhere else is either really inaccessible or will go flying in an accident.

I am interested to hear where people store their weapons when they can't take it with them (going into the post office, court, etc.) I used to simply put it in the glovebox and lock the glovebox, but the civic doesn't have a locking glovebox or console. I was considering a lock box under the rear deck (sedan) accessible from the trunk. Anyone have any ideas there too?
There are various vehicle safes available that can be bolted in or secured via steel cable. I would personally avoid a safe in the trunk for your intended purposes, just for the fact that it would require you to be outside the vehicle and handling a pistol as you put it in the trunk/safe. I wouldn't want the wrong person to see it and then decide to try and break into the car to get it. Even if they couldn't actually get it, thanks to the safe, you could be looking at a smashed window, etc. That's just me, though. I'd rather a slim safe possibly under the seat or something.

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
Seems like about the only option for hatchback owners.

I have one of these fire extinguisher mounts that's hard mounted to the passenger seat, maybe I can get a second one for driver's side and mount a safe there? I'm reaching, but I don't know where else to lock something up.

https://kap.industries/product/fire-extinguisher-bracket-honda-civic-type-r-fk8/
You wouldn't really even need a dedicated mount for the type of safe I linked to. You would just take the cable loop it through anything stationary under the seat (like the pull bar for moving the seat) and back through itself and then put the other end into the safe like the pictures show. It will stop someone from just pulling the safe out of the car and running off with it. Of course, no cable is going to stop a determined thief with tools. But I would never store a pistol in a vehicle long term anyway. This would just be for short trips into places you can't legally carry.

brownman

Driving a car in the land of the truck
First Name
eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic lx sedan
Country flag
I have big dogs, I carry one for everyone elses protection in case these guys snap or get triggered one day

OP
OP
MYSI2112

MYSI2112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ SI
Country flag
Thanks for getting back on track guys. Unlike the in car safes. I am mostly digging the magnet holders. I like the idea of being able to do something quickly. Get it the car, slap it under the steering wheel, and roll. If I am going to be in a situation where I am going somewhere that I can’t carry and I need to store it in my car for hours then yes, the safe would be an ideal choice. Most cases I just need somewhere to put my gun while driving.

Trash Panda

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I personally use an Alien Gear OTW(Outside the Wasteband) paddle holster and it just so happens to fit perfectly in the drivers side door area. Spare magazines fit underneath just fine and nothing slides around!

Honda Civic 10th gen Where do you store your pistol? F037005A-D6F4-4229-913E-F5AE77BC46F1

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
For storage, I would consider yanking out my spare wheel. Who needs to carry the fifth wheel for daily driving? Some people might feel like it, but I never needed a spare wheel in my life. Admittedly, I haven't needed my gun so far either, but.... a matter of priority. If I had to be overcharged for towing etc. everytime my tire goes flat I still wouldn't lose a fortune.
If I was going ona a Safari, maybe I would carry two spare wheels (and still more guns, I guess).
There is a lot of space there perfect for a whole armory plus ammo.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I keep my m9 in the center console, next to the cup holder. Not the best of fits, but it works. A smaller gun would fit better.

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
20200529_000247.jpg

Never leaves the belt.

Now no need for somewhere in the car.
This may kick it off topic a bit.. How you liking that TLR-6? I've been on the fence of whether to get one for my 365 or just say fuck it and stay lightless, keeping my EDC flashlight on me like I do.

I half agree with the "never leaves the belt," but I think OP and possibly most other people keeping the thread on track is more on the side of "if I go somewhere where open/concealed carry isn't permitted, and I need to stash it momentarily"

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
This may kick it off topic a bit.. How you liking that TLR-6? I've been on the fence of whether to get one for my 365 or just say fuck it and stay lightless, keeping my EDC flashlight on me like I do.

I half agree with the "never leaves the belt," but I think OP and possibly most other people keeping the thread on track is more on the side of "if I go somewhere where open/concealed carry isn't permitted, and I need to stash it momentarily"
Absolutely there are times you are forced to or maybe more convenient for certain people. Cupholder worked for me otherwise in front of the shifter.

I love it. Laser is sighted for 25yds and holds zero. The light has come in handy quite a few times. I too went back and forth on the idea but I'd ultimately rather have it. Also helps with muzzle jump however much. My next purchase is likely a true precision barrel and griffin armament mini comp. Such a sweet little system and has rolled in my pocket for the past year until this holster got ordered.

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Absolutely there are times you are forced to or maybe more convenient for certain people. Cupholder worked for me otherwise in front of the shifter.

I love it. Laser is sighted for 25yds and holds zero. The light has come in handy quite a few times. I too went back and forth on the idea but I'd ultimately rather have it. Also helps with muzzle jump however much. My next purchase is likely a true precision barrel and griffin armament mini comp. Such a sweet little system and has rolled in my pocket for the past year until this holster got ordered.
My only issue is I have holsters for the 365 with no light and I kinda don't feel like spending more on another holster. lol. If I have one beef with the 365, its the proprietary rail. I have an olight pl mini 2 I use on my M&P, and it's a QD rail mounted light. Other than that, great little gun.

None of this helps with "where do I store it in the car"

Glad you guys have holster solutions, and good places to carry, but where do you lock it in the car
I don't have a place to lock it, but my roomie does when he has to go on base (Nellis AFB), since they started allowing weapons on base, provided it's in a lock box. He has a little lock box he keeps under his seat attached to the car with a steel cable. Not the quickest access locking solution, but a locking solution nonetheless
Sponsored