First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What about the passenger seat back pocket. Could be adapted maybe with some insert if the piece tends to move around, but I don't see it ever coming out even with crazy driving. Unless you roll over I guess.
That'd be tough he had the '19 civic sport. I don't carry a gun, but was curious because you always get a map pocket there. But sadly we don't have one in this trim, which is....odd.

-

Don't need firearms when I'm rockin' these guns ?:cool:
“WHAT YA GONNA DO BROTHER, WHEN THE HULKSTER AND HIS 24-INCH PYTHONS, RUN WILD ON YOU, BROTHER!!"
Sponsored

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If we're going to blame guns for crime then we should punish guns for crime. Let all the convicts out of prison and fill the prison cells with guns. I don't own a gun. I don't feel the need to have one. But I have considered getting one in the past, especially when my kids were young. I felt I should have had one then but I never did. My brother was a cop and he showed me a way to have a loaded gun in the house in an immediately accessible place without any possibility of anyone else (like a child) finding it. Reason America has more gun crime, IMO, is the stupidity of Americans. Not the guns. All you have to do is watch the armed idiots on TV protesting the covid 19 lockdowns at the govt. statehouse and carrying racist signs. Or those two inbred racist morons who shot and killed a black jogger in Georgia. I grew up in Chicago which has some of the strictest gun control laws in the nation. And the most shootings.
Your absolutely right, the problem is that these idiots have a right to have a gun. Someone who goes into McDonald's and shoots people because the dining area by is closed off and won't let them in right now ,well I don't think that kind of person has a right to have a gun. That's a true story by the way.

Snidely

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 civic si
Country flag
Right right. I may be able to do that depending on the size gun I get. It will most likely be a Glock 19. I will have to play with the comfortability of it on me while driving. Glove box is also fine but a little inconvenient.
I’d take a 23 over a 19

NotSerious

First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018CivicLXSedanCVT
Country flag
So only 31 to 0 in 2019 - the USA had a shutout over Canada!
I'm done, now back to your regularly scheduled discussion.
I was going by memory using the most widely reported incidents. The US has one bad mass-murder about every six months to a year. Canada has one every year or two. The "gangbanger" incidents in urban areas are usually not reported nationally because they happen so often. Those are by far the most frequent in the statistics.

And those incidents actually prove my point. They are generally, illegally obtained guns held by criminals in jurisdictions that have severe gun controls (Chicago, Detroit, Memphis, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Washington DC, New Orleans, Baltimore, Cleveland, Philadelphia, St. Louis,...). NOT legally held guns held by law abiding citizens. So it isn't the guns held by law abiding citizens that is the problem, it is the poor parenting and lack of law and order in those jurisdictions that are the problem.

And thank you for giving me the last word on this long back and forth that nobody else is going to read. It was very gentlemanly of you.

Last edited:

OP
OP
MYSI2112

MYSI2112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ SI
Country flag
I’d take a 23 over a 19
Yeah it’s between 9mm and .40. I haven’t decided nor do I have a preference. I haven’t had the experience to prefer one to the other. This is all new to me. I’ll try to get my hands on both and try them out.

Devon_623

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6MT, 2015 Aprilia Shiver 750
Country flag
In a holster, under the steering wheel column. There's a space in there where you can clip in your holster. I usually wear mine AIWB and take it off while driving. Put it back on before I get out of the car.

8063BF0D-57FF-47CA-8402-80ADB8304FA2.jpeg
Dude this is downright offensive. How dare you, who in thie right mind thinks its okay to drive with slides on? I mean dont you feel like your feet will slip off the pedals? I much prefer to leave them on the floor while driving. Other than that, thats a perfect spot for the holster and my preffered method!

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I was going by memory using the most widely reported incidents. The US has one bad mass-murder about every six months to a year. Canada has one every year or two. The "gangbanger" incidents in urban areas are usually not reported nationally because they happen so often. Those are by far the most frequent in the statistics.

And those incidents actually prove my point. They are generally, illegally obtained guns held by criminals in jurisdictions that have severe gun controls (Chicago, Detroit, Memphis, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Washington DC, New Orleans, Baltimore, Cleveland, Philadelphia, St. Louis,...). NOT legally held guns held by law abiding citizens. So it isn't the guns held by law abiding citizens that is the problem, it is the poor parenting and lack of law and order in those jurisdictions that are the problem.

And thank you for giving me the last word on this long back and forth that nobody else is going to read. It was very gentlemanly of you.
Don't waste your time with anti-gunners. It's like trying to convince a NYer that the Yankees suck.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah it’s between 9mm and .40. I haven’t decided nor do I have a preference. I haven’t had the experience to prefer one to the other. This is all new to me. I’ll try to get my hands on both and try them out.
.40 is a dead caliber man. I can't even sell my Glock around here anymore because 9mm has come so far that it made .40 obsolete. Shops around here don't even sell .40 pistols anymore.

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dude this is downright offensive. How dare you, who in thie right mind thinks its okay to drive with slides on? I mean dont you feel like your feet will slip off the pedals? I much prefer to leave them on the floor while driving. Other than that, thats a perfect spot for the holster and my preffered method!
lol dude you almost had me

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
In Canada a few weeks ago, a guy in Nova Scotia murdered 22 people over more than 12 hours before police caught up to him. Of course, in Canada, handguns are strictly regulated and must only be used for target practice in licensed clubs. It is strictly forbidden to carry one for protection in public. So, the killer had sitting ducks that could do nothing but die.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Nova_Scotia_attacks

Trudeau's answer to this shooting ? Take long guns away from law abiding citizens.

Canada is an anti-gun activists dream, yet they still have about the same number of violent mass-murders per capita as America does. They even have these types of incidents in New Zealand and Australia.

Police are not there to protect you. They just show up after the fact and draw a chalk line around your body. By not allowing law abiding citizens to protect themselves, you are giving power to criminals and terrorists. They don't abide by the law.
No, he banned 'Assault style weapons'. No one needs an AR-15 to hunt a deer.

I would love to know where you get that info from. Canada has no where near the amount of murders per capita. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States#Comparison_to_other_countries

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
Your best bet is to simply keep it on your body, in a good holster. That way there's no fussing around with the pistol or having to worry about it. I carried a Glock 19 for years (when I lived in a free state, lol) in a IWB holster, at about 4 o'clock. The holster was a Crossbreed Supertuck, which was the cream of the crop at the time. There are a ton more holster makers these days to choose from, though. Any quality IWB holster + a compact or subcompact pistol, will be easy to carry concealed, even when driving.

You mentioned you were thinking about a Glock 19. Great choice. It's one of the most popular pistols ever made, for good reason. But if you're new to pistols, you owe it to yourself to try out other makes and models, too.

Whatever you choose, I would recommend 9mm, personally. It's cheaper and way more plentiful than .40 ammo.

Edit: Your second best bet is a holster mounted to the vehicle interior in some fashion. Don't leave it in a cup holder or somewhere that it'll just become a 4lb chunk of steel flying around the cabin of your vehicle if you get into an accident.

But again, getting a quality IWB holster is your best bet, in my opinion.

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
Try reading the whole thread please. I have already had a long back and forth with another user on this topic and I am sure that no one wants to read these arguments rehashed over and over here.
I've read it. 'going by memory' explains it all.

TheKevinlyFather

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe (Sold), 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec (SH-AWD)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There was a really good thread on this a year or two ago. Lots of pics and not a lot of debate about whether guns are right or wrong.

I am a pretty small guy (5'9") and carry a Sig P229. It was not comfortable for me to carry that large of a gun while sitting with it in the holster on long drives. So, I had 3 spots I could put it:
*Glove box was an option. But, if you need it in a hurry, that's not the best choice.
*Center console is highly viewable, but highly accessible. Also not secure in a collision.
*Under the steering wheel is an accessible and relatively concealed option. Plenty of mounting options, some of which could keep it secure in a crash.

I would not recommend the door. Main risk is a side-impact crash. But, also, not a great spot to secure something in multiple scenarios.

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally got around to taking a pic of where mine goes when it's not on my hip
Honda Civic 10th gen Where do you store your pistol? 0522200943

edit: the realization that those business cards can be used as a shameless plug, but legit, they've both been sitting there. lol. Also, the scratches on the backside are from before I started using microfiber cloths with my full size. It's pretty much always out of sight, so idgaf about those scratches.
Sponsored

Last edited: