Where do you store your pistol?

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Jonny GOTCHAS don't help their arguments either when they don't read carefully.
"they still have about the same number of violent MASS-MURDERS per capita as America does."
Hard to get consistent stats on mass murder rates per capita - one source https://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/mass-shootings-by-country/ indicates the mass shooting death rate in the USA is .089 per million, Canada is .032 per million. Almost 3:1 doesn't quite equal about the same. Neither is something to be proud about.
Sponsored

Krob02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
I keep mine IWB concealed, but if need be on a longer drive, my G42 fits easily in the center console.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Instead of thinking of guns as inherently evil, maybe try considering them as safety devices kind of like fire extinguishers or lifeguard equipment that can be used to safeguard innocent life. If you don't like guns that's fine, but don't try to restrict other people from their rights
You have to admit this is a terrible comparison. No, guns may not be "evil", because they are an inanimate object with no goals or desires. However, they are created for one purpose: to kill. Fire extinguishers are made to put out fires, and lifeguard equipment are made to stop drownings, neither are designed to kill. Sure, the gun doesn't decide who dies, but whatever your stance on firearms don't pretend they are designed for anything other than ending the life of a living being.

UpDok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe (white)
Country flag
You have to admit this is a terrible comparison. No, guns may not be "evil", because they are an inanimate object with no goals or desires. However, they are created for one purpose: to kill. Fire extinguishers are made to put out fires, and lifeguard equipment are made to stop drownings, neither are designed to kill. Sure, the gun doesn't decide who dies, but whatever your stance on firearms don't pretend they are designed for anything other than ending the life of a living being.
Some of my guns are safety tools designed to stop or hold off a threat until the law enforcement authorities arrive. My other guns are clearly designed for sport or target shooting. Not all guns are alike in much the same way that not all cars are alike. Likewise, not all human beings are the same. I don't want to break this to you too harshly but there are criminals out there who will eat you alive!

If I were to be in a desperate situation of the gravest extreme I'd rather that the guy trying to kill me be in greater danger than I am.

For the OP, this is a good example of why you'd be wise to use your permit to carry concealed and not broadcast it. There are people around who are touchy about gun ownership and may cast aspersions about your motives if you choose to carry.

OP
OP
MYSI2112

MYSI2112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ SI
Country flag
@MYSI2112 I think you got threadjacked homie. lol
I fully expected it. I don’t mind the back and forth between opposing sides. I live in a questionable area with moderate crime/break ins. My wife is sick and at home most of the time. I have a bad back and I am no UFC fighter by any stretch of the imagination. I want to be able to protect my family or my family to protect themselves while I am away. I don’t font have to defend that with any stats. I am also interested in target practice and modification. Picking out a gun is a lot like a car. You pick out the one that best fits you and you can even modify it if it doesn’t fit your standards.
I really wanted this to be a photo heavy thread. It is one topic that I wasn’t able to find on here so I was excited about starting a new discussion. Thank you @er1c_b for delivering a solid option that I Was imagining myself. I hope to see more examples!

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Take a look at Alien gear holster's shapeshift core kit, There's a mounting option similar to @er1c_b and you have the ability to quickly move the shell from the mount and put it on an OWB platform as well as other platforms. It's kinda cool, will run you about $100, but you basically get like.. 4 holsters in the core kit.

https://aliengearholsters.com/shapeshift-modular-holster-system.html

edit:

At about the 1:03 mark, they show it mounted in a car and how to attach the shell

OP
OP
MYSI2112

MYSI2112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ SI
Country flag
Take a look at Alien gear holster's shapeshift core kit, There's a mounting option similar to @er1c_b and you have the ability to quickly move the shell from the mount and put it on an OWB platform as well as other platforms. It's kinda cool, will run you about $100, but you basically get like.. 4 holsters in the core kit.

https://aliengearholsters.com/shapeshift-modular-holster-system.html

edit:

At about the 1:03 mark, they show it mounted in a car and how to attach the shell
Holy crap that’s awesome. I’ll have to look into that. Thanks

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
disclaimer, I've not personally used aliengear holsters, but I have heard nothing but good things about them. Roomie's been considering the shapeshift core kit, and I have been, too.

Then again, I OWB my M&P since I'm a small dude and the full size isn't quite CCW-able, and have both an OWB and IWB for my P365. For like $40, I can get me a shell and that holster mount, then grab whatever other mounts I wanted, like a MOLLE or backpack mount for it. Just some food for thought.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Some of my guns are safety tools designed to stop or hold off a threat until the law enforcement authorities arrive. My other guns are clearly designed for sport or target shooting. Not all guns are alike in much the same way that not all cars are alike. Likewise, not all human beings are the same. I don't want to break this to you too harshly but there are criminals out there who will eat you alive!

If I were to be in a desperate situation of the gravest extreme I'd rather that the guy trying to kill me be in greater danger than I am.

For the OP, this is a good example of why you'd be wise to use your permit to carry concealed and not broadcast it. There are people around who are touchy about gun ownership and may cast aspersions about your motives if you choose to carry.
I don't have a problem with you carrying around a gun because you're afraid someone might be out there who wants to eat you alive, but don't equate carrying a firearm to lifeguard gear. I'm not in danger of dying from someone carrying around a floaty. Carrying a deadly weapon comes with much more responsibility and should be treated as such.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't have a problem with you carrying around a gun because you're afraid someone might be out there who wants to eat you alive, but don't equate carrying a firearm to lifeguard gear. I'm not in danger of dying from someone carrying around a floaty. Carrying a deadly weapon comes with much more responsibility and should be treated as such.
I really wanted to not say anything in this thread, but I can't help myself.
People who say they are using guns to protect themselves, well from what?? Some idiot who also has a gun?? If they couldn't get a gun, you wouldn't need one to protect your self. There's other ways/ things to protect yourself with.
A gun is made to do one thing, hurt/ kill , if you do just like to shoot for sport at cc a range or something, that's cool, if your like uncle Ted, and you kill it and grill it, awesome. But to just carry be a gun around,well your just asking for trouble.
I don't know about other places, but here, just cause you have the right to have a gun does not give you the right to shoot someone with it while they are say,robbing you. I do think it's stupid that you can have it but then possibly get into legal trouble for using it.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
If we're going to blame guns for crime then we should punish guns for crime. Let all the convicts out of prison and fill the prison cells with guns. I don't own a gun. I don't feel the need to have one. But I have considered getting one in the past, especially when my kids were young. I felt I should have had one then but I never did. My brother was a cop and he showed me a way to have a loaded gun in the house in an immediately accessible place without any possibility of anyone else (like a child) finding it. Reason America has more gun crime, IMO, is the stupidity of Americans. Not the guns. All you have to do is watch the armed idiots on TV protesting the covid 19 lockdowns at the govt. statehouse and carrying racist signs. Or those two inbred racist morons who shot and killed a black jogger in Georgia. I grew up in Chicago which has some of the strictest gun control laws in the nation. And the most shootings.
Sponsored

Last edited: