Where do you pump?

Type_RawR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8 #14116 / 2008 FG2
Country flag
More to the point, if the gas was blended correctly at the terminal where the delivery driver picked it up then it will run in your car and you will be unaware that it lacks the cleaning additives of top tier gasoline.
Sponsored

Type_RawR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Costco is a top tier gasoline brand, so quality should be more than sufficient.

https://www.toptiergas.com/licensed-brands/
Yeah that's great that they are in the top tier program but you're not understanding that they are not contractually obligated to stock BRANDED fuel because Costco owns the pump stations they are not required to test for branding which means they can sell whatever they want, you could be getting unbranded citgo gas one day or marathon the next or Phillips 66 or whatever happens to be the cheapest shit on the market, and I'd like to point out that being in the top tier program just means that the place selling the gas only needs to adhere to the winter/summer VOC requirements for reformulated gasoline it doesn't mean jack about the actual quality of the gas.

mjdecker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si Sedan, '23 Subaru BRZ Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Typically I'm doing either Sunoco or Mirabito just out of convenience (and using my Price Chopper/Mirabito points) and the last I checked, local Speedways only have 91.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Yeah that's great that they are in the top tier program but you're not understanding that they are not contractually obligated to stock BRANDED fuel because Costco owns the pump stations they are not required to test for branding which means they can sell whatever they want, you could be getting unbranded citgo gas one day or marathon the next or Phillips 66 or whatever happens to be the cheapest shit on the market, and I'd like to point out that being in the top tier program just means that the place selling the gas only needs to adhere to the winter/summer VOC requirements for reformulated gasoline it doesn't mean jack about the actual quality of the gas.
There's no evidence to suggest that Costco has poor quality fuel. And there's nothing wrong with purchasing untreated fuel if blended on-site.

I hear a lot of claims of poor or inconsistent quality, but no evidence to back it up. I'd encourage that data to be presented here, and not just hearsay.

Type_RawR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I deliver fuel to Costco, I know what I put in the ground there...it's enough for me to avoid those places, carry on :dunno:

hopia

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Wrx & 2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Sunoco 93 and sometimes their 104 race gas

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Just filled up at Costco, 91 dropped to $4.05 (...yay?) BTW, hello to the person in the Black Si Coupe in front of me who filled up as well if you are this forum!

Honda Civic 10th gen Where do you pump? CostcoGas

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I deliver fuel to Costco, I know what I put in the ground there...it's enough for me to avoid those places, carry on :dunno:
I've been using Costco gas on all my cars for the last 18 years, ZERO issues with any of my cars. My current cars are 140K and 115K. It's about .30 to .60 cents cheaper than all the "branded" stations, I get 4% back and I save money. That's all I care about, Keep delivering that sweet Costco gas so I can put it in my cars....

Type_RawR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've been using Costco gas on all my cars for the last 18 years, ZERO issues with any of my cars. My current cars are 140K and 115K. It's about .30 to .60 cents cheaper than all the "branded" stations, I get 4% back and I save money. That's all I care about, Keep delivering that sweet Costco gas so I can put it in my cars....
Again, the whole thing goes over another head...let me know what it costs to have the cylinder head cleaned with the Walnut shell treatment in a few years time. I'll wait...
Edit: I'm going to guess those other cars weren't direct injection either.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Again, the whole thing goes over another head...let me know what it costs to have the cylinder head cleaned with the Walnut shell treatment in a few years time. I'll wait...
I most definitely will let you know...when I reach 150K

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Top Tier gas is a detergent pack that must meet minimum standards for detergency. It really has nothing to do with “quality “ but that the gas meets the minimum standard for detergents.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Mine was.

192K on an L3VDT, 95% driven on Costco 91 from Mile 4.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Top Tier gas is a detergent pack that must meet minimum standards for detergency. It really has nothing to do with “quality “ but that the gas meets the minimum standard for detergents.
I don't know about Canada, but all gasoline in the US has to meet a minimum standard. What separates Top Tier gas from "cheap gas" is the additive packages (detergents)

Old George

First Name
Georges
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I filled out today at PetroCanada: 1,59/l.
There are dozens of compounds in gazoline in addition to octane.
If you want top avoid clogging your intake valves, install an oil catch can.
It works, I have already emptied it twice: it was full of shit.
Sponsored