Ducota

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 2021 Accord Sport 2.0 2015 FiT Sport
Country flag
I would say the stiff plate works best along with the rigid collars. They compliment each other. I don’t know if I would have noticed it alone.
All I can say is incredible difference with the rigid collars, who would have known. Worth every penny.
Sponsored

Ducota

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
With that being said, my vote is for a solid set of light wheels, quality tires, and some nice brake pads. Rotors arent really necessary unless you want something nice that stands out, and you shouldnt have heating issues on public roadways.
Yea I agree 100% you'll definitely notice quicker acceleration and braking. Good set of wheels should net you a loss 6/7lbs of unsprung weight per corner, win/win

OP
OP
GavinOC

GavinOC

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R Boost Blue Pearl
Country flag
I feel like this is one of those questions where if you ask 10 different people, youre gonna get 10 different answers.

Youve laid out what the purpose of the car is. The only correct answer is the answer you choose. You can tailor any reason behind any modification you want to do with the car, the only limit is what youre willing to spend on it.
Completely agree. None the less I find it interesting to get others opinions and experiences (even the sarcastic and grumpy ones on page 1…..)

Last edited:

Ducota

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Completely agree. None the less I find it interesting to get others opinions and experiences (even the sarcastic and grumpy ones on page 1…..)
Lol.
The only advice that kills me is NON first hand experience. This is really not helpful unless they have something to back it up. Also nothing wrong with a good old fashion difference of opinion as long as it doesn't get personal.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Add lightness. As fatherpain and many have already mentioned, a set of lighter wheels and better tires. Maybe rustproofing the undercarriage so you can drive year round? And snow tires for half of the year?

eKay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Wide angle anti glare side mirrors. I have SUMA performance. They replace the factory mirrors instead of the stick on versions from Spoon or the others I've seen. They are also compatible with defrosters. By far my favorite driveability mod

@Unity Performance can set you up
Is it plug and play with the defroster?

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
LOL, call my comment what you want, but at the end of the day, I feel like youve asked an incredibly open ended question without providing much detail outside of its for fast and fun street use, not even so much as a budget.

You can get comments from, leave it and enjoy it as is, to, slap a G30-990 on there and give it hell and both would work out for the obscure goal youve listed for us. Do you see the point im trying to make?

if you want meaningful answers, provide the forum with a decent outline of the goals you want to achieve and perhaps a budget and we can better tailor our recommendations for you based on that information.

OP
OP
GavinOC

GavinOC

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
LOL, call my comment what you want, but at the end of the day, I feel like youve asked an incredibly open ended question without providing much detail outside of its for fast and fun street use, not even so much as a budget.

You can get comments from, leave it and enjoy it as is, to, slap a G30-990 on there and give it hell and both would work out for the obscure goal youve listed for us. Do you see the point im trying to make?

if you want meaningful answers, provide the forum with a decent outline of the goals you want to achieve and perhaps a budget and we can better tailor our recommendations for you based on that information.
i wasn’t referring to your two posts, they made sense.

speedyserg

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
Gents,

Admittedly this isn’t the correct section as it’s more a general FK8 question but bear with me.

My 2020 BB FK8 currently sits with the below:

Acuity stage 3 with shifter linkage bushings
Spoon rigid collars
Spoon stiff brace
Spoon zero bump steer kit
Spoon progressive springs

I use this car solely for fun/fast road use - I’m not close to any tracks and it’s not a daily.
What are your goals for the car? Budget?
That will streamline the choices and reduce double buys youll need for larger goals later on.

Stock block power goals of 600whp or so are better off with a G series kit like a Rampage g30-770 but you can still get there with a drop in turbo if you already went that route vs selling bolt-ons at a loss.
Beyond 600whp I would skip bolt-ons and go straight to a g30-770 kit. That will take you to around 680-700whp on a built motor with quick spool vs a larger turbo.

I didnt like bolt-ons on e30 much - turbo hits hard really low and makes the car push if you arent careful/overload the fronts

Im 550whp on a p600 drop in using my bolt-ons.....will be testing a larger drop in that should be able to max a stock block.

My original power goal was like many at 400whp/400wtq on e30.....that lasted about 3 weeks lol

Power makes the car a ton of fun.

I went 62a engine mount set

18x9.5 +45 titan 7 TD6 on Cup2s

Bolt-ons (mishi fmic, JSR 5" catless downpipe, PRL front pipe, HVI, Rampage 3.5" maf housing, hondata FK8 Tuning and Development e30 tune 406whp/402wtq)

Then Xdi, dw300c, FK8 TD injectors 1425cc and p600 - 533whp/431wtq (maxxed 3.5" maf housing) 547/436 on 4" mega maf...p600 exhaust backpressure wall hit....3months later p700 is released lol

No real plan and once the bug bites you.....down the rabbit hole you go

Im beta testing a larger drop in and hoping we hit 580-590ish on stock cams and 620-630ish on TR2s from 4P - we hit those numbers on a g30-770 setup so to do that with a drop in sort of bridges the gap between going the bolt-on route vs the Ramapge kit off the bat.

This is my daily/work car and alot of fun.
Hope this info helps guide which way you decide to go

OP
OP
GavinOC

GavinOC

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That will streamline the choices and reduce double buys youll need for larger goals later on.

Stock block power goals of 600whp or so are better off with a G series kit like a Rampage g30-770 but you can still get there with a drop in turbo if you already went that route vs selling bolt-ons at a loss.
Beyond 600whp I would skip bolt-ons and go straight to a g30-770 kit. That will take you to around 680-700whp on a built motor with quick spool vs a larger turbo.

I didnt like bolt-ons on e30 much - turbo hits hard really low and makes the car push if you arent careful/overload the fronts

Im 550whp on a p600 drop in using my bolt-ons.....will be testing a larger drop in that should be able to max a stock block.

My original power goal was like many at 400whp/400wtq on e30.....that lasted about 3 weeks lol

Bolt-ons (mishi fmic, JSR 5" catless downpipe, PRL front pipe, HVI, Rampage 3.5" maf housing, hondata FK8 Tuning and Development e30 tune 406whp/402wtq)

Then Xdi, dw300c, FK8 TD injectors 1425cc and p600 - 533whp/431wtq (maxxed 3.5" maf housing) 547/436 on 4" mega maf...p600 exhaust backpressure wall hit....3months later p700 is released lol

Im beta testing a larger drop in and hoping we hit 580-590ish on stock cams and 620-630ish on TR2s from 4P - we hit those numbers on a g30-770 setup so to do that with a drop in sort of bridges the gap between going the bolt-on route vs the Ramapge kit off the bat.

Thanks that’s very helpful. I saw your YouTube video last week on Maganas channel - very nice build. I actually commented looking for a build list 👍

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
i wasn’t referring to your two posts, they made sense.
My point still stands, if you have the slightest idea and budget with what you wanna do can definitely give you better tailored suggestions imo.

Goodluck

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag

Are there drop in G30 kits available that work with Hondata? Ive only ever seen G25.

have a link? A g25 and g30-660 setup would be a nice comparison to see.

I actually like that Full-Race has an EFR 7163 drop in setup, the only thing I hate is having to use a completely new DP and Intake setup but I understand why. For a track setup a 7163 I think would be one of the best setups.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last edited:

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Ah memories when I thought it was worth it to mod a car instead of buying a car with everything you want even the HP for a little bit more money. Let me give you some wisdom, car modding is a fruitless money hole sink. This car is great stock aside from some exterior mods it's fine the way it came
Sponsored