Where do we go from here?

Which happens first...

• EVs overtake ICE Vehicles in the US for new sales

• Any form of CVT tuning or software that's open comes out that applies to X/I Civics

Results are only viewable after voting.

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Will this be the last generation of Civic with combustion engines? ?‍♂

As we see more models and sales numbers, generally, pushing manual transmissions out of the market... Will tuning go fully after-market manual, or will CVTs get love, before it's mostly electric?
Sponsored

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
Civic XI wont be the last gen of ICE civic, but i think the end is getting close.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
This is a very good question. Although I have nothing against electric vehicles ( personally I think they should have been along with gas for a long time since there were electric cars in the 1900s) my thoughts on this subject maybe conspiracy theory or whatever. But reading and noticing how society is moving it all on the industry on how they produce products and the auto industry being the biggest.
1 producing more SUVs or CUVs and Pickups it’s cheaper to produce less body designs on a assembly line less down time for the line
2 electric motors have less moving parts than a gas powered engine
also CVT
3 limit options list by model trim (personally I think this is a good idea except charging more for color choice)
not saying that this is all bad but this doesn’t give anybody a choice of vehicles Marketing calls it being practical. Yes I understand the government has mandates and laws on the auto industry some with good reason and some because of lawsuits all in all this is the auto industry making easier on themselves. Yes I understand times or changing it’s not like the fifties to the nineties where you had a manufacturer have different body design example you would have a
encon model to a luxury model both would have a 2 door coupe pillared or hardtop a 4 door sedan pillared or hardtop a stationwagon 2 or 4 door ( depending on year and manufacturers)
and a convertible also depending on year and manufacturers.
this maybe a long winded post ( I’ve posted comments like this before ) but to say is the auto industry moving in the right direction?
that probably more of a personal opinion I myself would like to see more coupes again in the auto line ups to come but sadly I don’t see it in the near future. This post is my own personal opinion on how the auto industry is going

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
I don't think EVs are going to overtake ice in sales for a while. The infrastructure isn't there. I think sales volume on electrics has been low enough, in comparison, that brands are just going to try and force it, hence why we see "insert brand here will be all electric by 20XX." Maybe they're counting on selling that carbon tax credit to offset the coming drop in sales. Don't know, but what I see is dealer lots full of the cheap ones and nobody wants them despite a record demand for cars. I guess we'll all find out together.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can see hybrid lineup plus ev being a bridge to full ev lineups
Sponsored