When was the last time you saw another Civic Type R on the road...?

haltamer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 (UK / RHD!)
Country flag
Very much a unicorn here in the UK. Only ~3000 registered; I have seen a couple locally but they're not about any more.
Actually encountering one on the road is a 1 / 5000 mile occurance :p (Even driving backwards and forwards past Swindon!)
Sponsored

Melvinspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR; 2015 Ford Flex
Country flag
Yesterday. Beautiful Boost Blue rolled past me in Mason, OH. Other than that, I've only seen one other CBP in town.

OP
OP
Nightshifter

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
I saw two driving in I4 in Orlando my first week. Then none until yesterday... Saw another SGP Civic Sport with the type R wing and a nasty red badge ( think a silhouette off the red H ). Does that count?

I am told there are two others at my gym, but we work out at three different times of the day
I saw a same wannabe in Temecula... SGP Civic Sport with the wing and red badge =)

F20C1A

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Clarity Touring and 2021 Civic Type R SGP
Country flag
Seriously peeps... one thing I love about driving this car is that it's very unique. The last time I saw another R was last Wednesday in Temecula Ca... White one. Before this was another white one Saturday night in San Marcos with an Invidia Gemini cat-back. Before this was like months ago... Grey one heading south on I-15. I remember last July I saw a blue one, stopped to talk to the owner... real cool dude, haven't seen him since. I'm sure if I hang out at the E85 pump (only one around unless you drive a ways...) another will eventually show up =)
I’ve had mine (sonic grey pearl) since early November and haven’t seen another one around East Tenn. at all.?

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yesterday. Beautiful Boost Blue rolled past me in Mason, OH. Other than that, I've only seen one other CBP in town.
I live in the Ohio sticks, kinda close to you. I do drive to Dayton/Columbus/Cincy sometimes. I've only seen 1 CTR in the wild (it was last year). One! That's exactly how many Veloster N's I've seen also. I'm lucky to see an Si a few times a month.

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I’m in Orlando and see one maybe once twice a year. Granted I don’t “tour” Orlando but for me they are quite rare.

OP
OP
Nightshifter

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
Wife (not I) saw a black one on the way to the BMW dealership today (first one in 2 weeks)... she said it was going along side around her then exited. She was in an m340i (e30 tuned) =) Picked up a windshield chip picking her up... :( Can't stand these roads here man... it's nearly impossible to avoid a paint chip and or windshield chip... go slow in the far right lane and some redneck with massive tires (usually a Duramax 2500 or Powerstroker) is going 100mph kicking stones up! :/ I try to take the scenic routes to avoid this but sometimes you can't.... Maybe that's why I don't see many R's on the road here... =)

Last edited:

willmadeit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB FK8
Country flag
I've seen one other Boost Blue in the wild. I see at least five type Rs in DC/Maryland a month.

HustedDrums

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
I work for a dealer so sometimes I see them. Black one was here a few days ago in service. There's a white one that flies around all the time by my work too. It's not all that frequent, but that's the nice thing about these cars. I get thumbs up by STI drivers all the time. I'm surprised that they respect these cars lol probably don't want the gap :p.

OP
OP
Nightshifter

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
I work for a dealer so sometimes I see them. Black one was here a few days ago in service. There's a white one that flies around all the time by my work too. It's not all that frequent, but that's the nice thing about these cars. I get thumbs up by STI drivers all the time. I'm surprised that they respect these cars lol probably don't want the gap :p.
Yeah... this car gets some serious looks from the STi crowd over here :) Went back to pick the wife up... new SGP Accord Sport went by... first time i saw an accord in SGP, plenty of Mustang 5.0's, Chargers, Redneck trucks ;), couple of corvettes, 4 of 5 Volkswagon GTi's, no Z's, Infiniti G35 (lowered), Audi's, BMW 335i's (2 of them... all modified)... STi's, WRX's ... and last but not least... an orange Lambo! =)

OP
OP
Nightshifter

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
I’ve had mine (sonic grey pearl) since early November and haven’t seen another one around East Tenn. at all.?
You definitely have a unicorn over there :) ... some nice roads over there near Pigeon Forge into Cherokee NC -- Smokey Mountains!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nightshifter

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
Here we go... extended version :)