When was the last time you saw another Civic Type R on the road...?

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
The last time I saw another Type R was about 6 months ago at a local Cars and Coffee.
Sponsored

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
2-3 per month. Surprising considering how many have been sold over the years.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
I rarely see another R except for when meeting with a local Honda car group. When I pump gas, four times out of five someone stops by and compliments the car and mentions they've never seen one. When I do see another R in the wild, I always honk/wave

OP
OP
Nightshifter

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
I've only seen four since January 2019... Saw a red one twice and a white one from Missouri. Did see a "wanna be" the other day.
Same here with the wanna be R's... a black Civic Sport customized with all the trimmings :) Fooled me from a distance though...

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
I've only seen like two others in my 5 months of ownership. No other boost blues yet.

There is a white Fype R parked in the driveway of a house I pass on my way to work. Looks a little weird without the wide fenders.

OP
OP
Nightshifter

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
I've only seen like two others in my 5 months of ownership. No other boost blues yet.

There is a white Fype R parked in the driveway of a house I pass on my way to work. Looks a little weird without the wide fenders.
Haven't seen a boost blue (except at the dealership) on the road to date... Seen Red, Blue, Black, Grey & White... mine is the metallic grey... never saw another metallic grey on the road around here besides mine.

clam102988

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic SI , 2021 CW FK8
Country flag
Haven't seen any boost blue's on the road either besides the one I was checking out at the dealership. Have seen a couple white ones here and there but not lately. Only ones I see are sports with ctr wing which sometime fool me.

ians

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8, 2004 TSX, 2011 A4 Avant, 2013 S5, 2019 718 GTS
Country flag
Type R is very common in Toronto. TypeR is more common than the FK7 here. Always bump into a random one every time on the street. Just saw a young teen girl driving a BB when I went pick up my lunch. Surprisingly there are still have kids able to drive stick.

Litfuse

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered CTR
Country flag
I live near St. Louis and I have only seen a CTR a handful of times.

I saw two type Rs when I was in Tucson two months ago in the same day. I see a lot more STIs than Type Rs in my area. Mustangs and Camaros are a dime a dozen.

OP
OP
Nightshifter

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
I live near St. Louis and I have only seen a CTR a handful of times.

I saw two type Rs when I was in Tucson two months ago in the same day. I see a lot more STIs than Type Rs in my area. Mustangs and Camaros are a dime a dozen.
I see STi's out here all the time... usually with Ski racks =) Very common car out here... I must see a down accords each day along with Mustangs.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
Type R is very common in Toronto. TypeR is more common than the FK7 here. Always bump into a random one every time on the street. Just saw a young teen girl driving a BB when I went pick up my lunch. Surprisingly there are still have kids able to drive stick.
I think it's more surprising that there are "kids" driving around a $40k car. I couldn't afford the CTR until I was years into my career

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
It’s been months since I’ve seen one. In the 10 months I’ve had the car I think I’ve only seen 3-4. Very rare around here.

rwht

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FK8 (Incoming)
Country flag
I think it's more surprising that there are "kids" driving around a $40k car. I couldn't afford the CTR until I was years into my career
This is fairly common in a city like Toronto. It's the same thing on the west coast in Vancouver - a CTR would be a fairly modest choice in that demographic.

ians

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8, 2004 TSX, 2011 A4 Avant, 2013 S5, 2019 718 GTS
Country flag
I was surprise too because over here kids mostly driving M3 or AMG
Sponsored