When was the last time you saw another Civic Type R on the road...?

Knightof0

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP CTR, 2015 Mitsubishi EVO X MR, 2016 Toyota Rav4
Country flag
There are SEVERAL of these running around my town, rear spoilers, red badges, the whole nine. They get real timid when you roll up next to em. Who knew Honda offered a Type-R with a CVT??
Couldn't confirm whether it was an actual Type R but did see one driving on the Grand Central Parkway at around 6:30-6:45am heading towards Manhattan. Not too common but the amount of regular hatchbacks with the wings and red badges is definitely higher than anything else around NYC. There are quite a few roaming around Queens as I've seen recently.

It's very true that once they see an actual Type-R they definitely aren't trying to race around acting high and mighty.
Sponsored

CharlieTangoRomeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 SGP CTR
Country flag
I'm in a drought... haven't seen another CTR in several months. Maybe the locals are keeping them in the garage for winter salt season.

Infinity000

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2004 CR-V
Country flag
Mine’s been garaged since late nov for that reason.
Same here. I garaged mine for winter.

Interestingly, one of the guys at my work who took his regular civic and stuck the spoiler, H badges, vortex wings, and the fake carbon underside on his car seems to have just bought a real Type R in the same color, boosted blue. So now there is another Type R at my work. I will have to meet him sometime...In the meantime, it looks to me like he still has the stock tires on it since it may be new, and Indiana is about to be rocked by a heavy winter storm. I sure hope he doesn't damage it...

EDIT: Also, as he did just buy it....OUCH $$$$$$$

Last edited:

RTC975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Type-R
Country flag
Same here. I garaged mine for winter.

Interestingly, one of the guys at my work who took his regular civic and stuck the spoiler, H badges, vortex wings, and the fake carbon underside on his car seems to have just bought a real Type R in the same color, boosted blue. So now there is another Type R at my work. I will have to meet him sometime...In the meantime, it looks to me like he still has the stock tires on it since it may be new, and Indiana is about to be rocked by a heavy winter storm. I sure hope he doesn't damage it...

EDIT: Also, as he did just buy it....OUCH $$$$$$$
Yep he prob paid dearly for it right now. I got lucky, first week of covid and mid 30s out the door.

CJizzle_FK8

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I rarely see other type r's around my area. But a few days ago I saw two cw back to back! First dude pulled up on me on the highway and yelled "you're the first one I seen around here!" And then he tried to rev on me (his was stock) so I revved back (mine is fbo tuned, AWE track) and he took the next exit lol. But then 5 minutes later another cw fk8 pulled up on me. At first I thought it was the same guy but this guy was Asian (the first one was a white guy lol). My wife who was in the passenger seat was like "wtf is going on right now" 🤣 and then he slowed down and got behind me for about half a mile and then pulled up next to me and gave me a thumbs up and rode away. Kinda made me proud I have all the mods I have. 🤷🏾‍♂️

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
In the last 3 days I’ve spotted 4 different ones here in NH and MA. Love to see it!

Garrus

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR CW - Garage / 2016 Touring CBM - Daily
Country flag
I saw a very snappy looking CW CTR w/ bronze wheels pulling out of Cornerstone in Norwood. First one I have seen in a few months.

Joelgold

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB Sport
Country flag
saw one the other day in a grey color,

i told him he should take it back to the dealership because they primed it but forgot to paint it
Hahahah it’s almost as if I saw you post this in another thread!! Nothing like beating a dead horse!

Groundcontrol

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM CTR
Country flag
I have seen an LE off and on the past week parking in our building's parking garage. I also was driving to work and saw a hatchback up ahead with the type R wing and black wheels, but something was off about it. I tried to get a better look but they dropped off onto the feeder road before I could get any closer. It had the regular "H" logos instead of the red ones and an aftermarket exhaust with two tips instead of the stock three. A dead give away would have been if I could see if it had the wheel flares in the front and if the red Brembo calibers were there. I never got close enough to confirm though.

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
I have not seen a type r for a long time now. Granted i live in truck country, but i wonder if they all sold theres due to the market. Hell at this point i see more gtr’s than type r. Dont get me started on all the type r look a likes.

OP
OP
Nightshifter

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
Championship White spotted in Escondido, Ca the other day! Had a temp license plate on it with Carvana chrome plated frame =)

Tomodoki

First Name
Elijah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatch Sport MT
Country flag
I might've seen a regular hatch with a wing mod. Still, there's nothing more unique to a person than his own car, even if it's a shitbox. :love::drive:

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Kinda on the road. It was in a used Chevy car lot. It was a blue one.
Sponsored