When was the last time you saw another Civic Type R on the road...?

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
Mommy and Daddy buy those cars for their little darlings. When little Johnny/Suzie wraps it around a pole Mommy and Daddy will buy them another or maybe a Beemer next time. Is my age showing...? SIGH!;)
I think it's more surprising that there are "kids" driving around a $40k car. I couldn't afford the CTR until I was years into my career
Sponsored

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan • 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag
There's probably 3 or 4 - at least one red and a couple blacks - in the city I live in, and I'll see one every few days. I also occasionally see one on I-75 on my way to and from work. One of the black ones here looks like it's had the snot ragged out of it.

OP
OP
Nightshifter

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
Was out all day driving with the wife... did about 120 miles... not one Type R. I gotta a lot of looks though ;)

R14344

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Focus Hatchback Titanium, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
The exclusivity of the Type R is amazing. I've only seen them a few times in my area since they launched. Subaru and Evo's are on nearly every street corner. Living in a military town the Evo X was ruined for me when literally every single person bought one with their Afghanistan tour money. That car used to be my desktop background back in the day. Today I vomit when I see it.

GTWaggin'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Gray Type R
Country flag
Rare as hens teeth. Subaru Outbacks around here. I did see a Boost Blue on the local expressway a couple months ago.

aerodynamics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2020 Hatchback Sport Manual
Country flag
I’m in the SF Bay Area and they’re pretty common here. I see them several times a week, not including the two I see almost daily in my neighborhood.

martindtjr

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Vehicle(s)
TYPE R 19, Sienna XLE15, Xa 06, Camry 92
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m in the SF Bay Area and they’re pretty common here. I see them several times a week, not including the two I see almost daily in my neighborhood.
Not common here, I only see them at the local cars n coffee meeting.

OP
OP
Nightshifter

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
Not common here, I only see them at the local cars n coffee meeting.
Yeah... on Saturday night in San Marcos is where I saw a blue CTR only one time... last time it was just me and no other CTR 10th. Past few days haven't seen one but saw everything else... even a yellow Ferrari.

Last edited:

samji

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 1996 Accord V6 EX-L
Country flag

Agreed, I see 2-3 a week if I'm out and about. Definitely not a rare car by any means in California.

However, it doesn't compare to the 3-4 subies I see every time I go out ? Super common but I still appreciate them when I see them on the road.

What's funny is, I'm not sure if it's from having a giant wing or similar bodyshape, but its almost as if subie owners accepted the CTR as "friend" and I more often than not, get a thumbs up or wave from them.

OP
OP
Nightshifter

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
Agreed, I see 2-3 a week if I'm out and about. Definitely not a rare car by any means in California.

However, it doesn't compare to the 3-4 subies I see every time I go out ? Super common but I still appreciate them when I see them on the road.

What's funny is, I'm not sure if it's from having a giant wing or similar bodyshape, but its almost as if subie owners accepted the CTR as "friend" and I more often than not, get a thumbs up or wave from them.
I'm in SoCal North San Diego County... rare around where I'm currently at... I was just at Pep Boys yesterday, and the mechanic said he only saw a blue one around besides mine... that's it =) Probably the same blue one I saw initially at the meet. There's a white one (mentioned earlier post) as well... but haven't seen him lately. Oh STi's i see everyday... popular among the Ski & Snowboarding Tuner crowd =)

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
I accidentally drove into an FK8 meet LOL, never thought I would see 15 of them. Some FBO, some stock

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Other than car shows or Type R events? One ever, and that might not count since it was coming out of the service bay at the local dealer.

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
I can update this thread. We had a big car show in town this morning. I finally saw a boost blue in person for the first time. Also saw a lot of FK7’s with Type R hardware. Including mine, there were 4 CTR’s at a show consisting of 300+ cars. Still the most I’ve seen in one place. Also saw a dude standing on the roof of a pink Lexus GS shotgunning Modelo before noon, but that’s slightly OT.

timtzotz

First Name
timtzotz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R (SGP); 2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek
Country flag
I saw two driving in I4 in Orlando my first week. Then none until yesterday... Saw another SGP Civic Sport with the type R wing and a nasty red badge ( think a silhouette off the red H ). Does that count?

I am told there are two others at my gym, but we work out at three different times of the day
Sponsored