When to expect information on 2020 Type R?

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
I know it's the type r forum but I was looking for any info on the facelift for the Civic and that's why I posted here. Hope you don't mind.
Lol not at all, i was just confused. But thats normal for me.
Sponsored

Hodor

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord V6
Country flag
So it's like possible they don't make any changes for 2020 model. What about 2021? I read there should be an FMC in 2021. Idk if they are going to keep 10 gen Type R or kill it in 2021?

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
Greetings, and welcome.

I mentioned this in the above post, it is very speculative to assume that Honda will "face lift" a mid-generation specialty car. The same "face lift" spied photos were apparent in 2018 before the 2019 models were released:

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/07/16/honda-civic-type-r-refresh-spy-photos/
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...fers-from-white-painted-prototype-127128.html
https://www.carscoops.com/2018/07/honda-civic-type-r-facelift-spied-new-bumpers-smaller-rear-wing/

The 2019 had no changes to the design despite these rumors. Exterior, aesthetically-speaking, it would be unusual to change the look of the car when they have already produce ~30,000 CTRs the same exact way (again, from the exterior). So, my two cents, the car you are getting in November will likely be identical to the 2017, 2018 and 2019 models (exterior wise). The only known likely change on the 2020 will be a yellow color offering. Either way, when you get the car, you will love it.
Agree, except that Honda noted in a comment about their June sales figures press release that the Type R was getting a refresh "soon", along with others in the Civic lineup. Sounds like the 2020s are getting refreshed.

Honda Civic 10th gen When to expect information on 2020 Type R? upload_2019-7-15_11-55-45

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Consensus from sales team at my local dealer is that the 2020 CTR is indeed getting the fascia changes we've seen to the vents AND the carbon roof. Fingers crossed. Price is going to probably be at least $40K for trim w/ carbon roof IMHO. I'm also worried how high ADMs will increase on 2020 w/ changes. It'll be a great time to buy a '19 though. Carbon roof... man I'm gonna need that! ;)

hangsang

First Name
sang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
Consensus from sales team at my local dealer is that the 2020 CTR is indeed getting the fascia changes we've seen to the vents AND the carbon roof. Fingers crossed. Price is going to probably be at least $40K for trim w/ carbon roof IMHO. I'm also worried how high ADMs will increase on 2020 w/ changes. It'll be a great time to buy a '19 though. Carbon roof... man I'm gonna need that! ;)
So did they prompt about When will the 2020 CTR release?

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No. Just guesses. Nov seems to be the thought. Just like the '19 refresh.

Gino27

Red Rocket
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 si coupe
Country flag
Did they mention anything about other civics getting refreshed? Si?

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
That sounds like the Honda Pro Jason edition. A carbon fiber roof would be nice. But that’s so unlike Honda to do.

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
That sounds like the Honda Pro Jason edition. A carbon fiber roof would be nice. But that’s so unlike Honda to do.
It's going to be super cheesy if the fake carbon fiber continues to be fake. If the roof is real carbon they need to make everything else real carbon IMO.

An HPJ edition would be dumb as well.

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's going to be super cheesy if the fake carbon fiber continues to be fake. If the roof is real carbon they need to make everything else real carbon IMO.

Agree on both points!

willskiGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #26262
Country flag

Seems very unlikely that the roof would be real carbon for cost reasons. This isn't a $70k M4.

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Interesting. I figured with all the photos of the 2020 running around with the camouflaged roof and hood inlet, that most people thought the carbon roof was a possibility. I could see them offering a higher trim level with the carbon roof and some other upgrades. U.S. price over $40K for sure. I agree though that having real carbon roof and then fake carbon lower trim would be awful. I for one would totally go for a higher trim level if it saves weight or otherwise increase performance.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag

You say that till you hit your first curb. A 200.00 fake plastic carbon piece hurts the wallet less than a 2500.00 real carbon piece.
Sponsored