When are we going to see aftermarket exhausts?!?

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
The only issue is how much space is leftover compared to that big oval. We've already seen some people who did a dual tip and it left a big gap on either side.
This is exactly my concern. I would not like the leftover space......
Sponsored

jeremiah

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si coupe, 1999 Lexus Gs300
The only issue is how much space is leftover compared to that big oval. We've already seen some people who did a dual tip and it left a big gap on either side.
Oh yeah, didnt think about that.

I may just leave it well enough alone or perhaps hit it with some satin black high heat paint.

Vrruumm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I primarily want an aftermarket exhaust to reduce some weight and for it to be louder. Also an exhaust won't take me out of G-Street like most other modifications. I was hoping there would have been something by now, but I guess I will wait until spring.

NickName541

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Country flag
I happened across this video today
Nice... that shop is located right off Exit 30 / 62 Biddle Rd Exit in N. Medford (Oregon). Good guy. Does tremendous work. Had him work on an S2K years ago, very fair prices. Maybe it’s just me, I like the OEM exhaust look still.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I primarily want an aftermarket exhaust to reduce some weight and for it to be louder. Also an exhaust won't take me out of G-Street like most other modifications. I was hoping there would have been something by now, but I guess I will wait until spring.
They are just now coming out with exhausts for the Sport hatch and that has been out for around a year. Type R people get exhausts because it's a performance model that they needed for SEMA. Si gets screwed because it came late to the party and I don't know if people have been calling the manufacturer's to get cars in so they can fab them.

Last edited:

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
I plan to do a Flowmaster 60-series Delta muffler and keep the stock exhaust tip. Called Flowmaster and they recommended their 60-series as it's the only one that's designed with 4-cylinder engines in mind. He said it will have a slightly more aggressive note than stock but won't be annoying which is exactly what I'm looking for. He recommended that I keep the resonator and see how it sounds first, and I can always have the resonator removed if I want it a little louder

Greencobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si 2016 Mazda CX-9
I plan to do a Flowmaster 60-series Delta muffler and keep the stock exhaust tip. Called Flowmaster and they recommended their 60-series as it's the only one that's designed with 4-cylinder engines in mind. He said it will have a slightly more aggressive note than stock but won't be annoying which is exactly what I'm looking for. He recommended that I keep the resonator and see how it sounds first, and I can always have the resonator removed if I want it a little louder
I had one on my chevy cavalier. Sounds awesome. How soon are you doing the install I would love to hear how it sounds on this.

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
I had one on my chevy cavalier. Sounds awesome. How soon are you doing the install I would love to hear how it sounds on this.
I did a cold air intake this month; will probably wait until December. Trying to budget the upgrades as best I can.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did a cold air intake this month; will probably wait until December. Trying to budget the upgrades as best I can.
I’m definitely interested too. I want to do something that won’t break the bank but gives a little more rumble, and probably dual round tips.