When are we going to see aftermarket exhausts?!?

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There is a great exhaust shop in the Pittsburgh PA area. They do quality work foe extremely reasonable prices. If any want details, PM me. I think I’m gonna get the Flowmaster Delta Flow 60 series muffler, and have it welded in place of the factory two muffler system. I’ll have them use either the stock exhaust tip or find a dual round tip, preferably matte black.

dawsonj87

First Name
Dawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic EX Coupe, 2001 Honda CB250
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm really liking how throaty the Yonaka sounds. It isn't loud or harsh enough to drone and it sounds like it could've come that way from the factory. It growls sort of like a Fiesta ST, and that's a good thing in my book. I'd be curious to see if anyone who buys has the notorious fitment issues, though.

Lcifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
There is a great exhaust shop in the Pittsburgh PA area. They do quality work foe extremely reasonable prices. If any want details, PM me. I think I’m gonna get the Flowmaster Delta Flow 60 series muffler, and have it welded in place of the factory two muffler system. I’ll have them use either the stock exhaust tip or find a dual round tip, preferably matte black.
I'm with you on keeping the stock tip sadly I live near Indianapolis so your local shop can't help me lol think I'm just gonna have a shop take the stock exhuast and remove anything and everything out of it that isn't just straight pipe sections since there are zero emissions checks or car inspections done in this state literally you can do anything you want out here except have "red, red and white, or red and blue" lights viewable from the front

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm with you on keeping the stock tip sadly I live near Indianapolis so your local shop can't help me lol think I'm just gonna have a shop take the stock exhuast and remove anything and everything out of it that isn't just straight pipe sections since there are zero emissions checks or car inspections done in this state literally you can do anything you want out here except have "red, red and white, or red and blue" lights viewable from the front
A lot of guys on this forum have removed the resonator and/or the mufflers, and like the sound. Too loud and raspy for me. I like the tone that the stock exhaust has, I just want it to be louder. I will probably either keep the stock exhaust tip, paint it with high temp black paint, or get a black dual tip.

Lcifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
A lot of guys on this forum have removed the resonator and/or the mufflers, and like the sound. Too loud and raspy for me. I like the tone that the stock exhaust has, I just want it to be louder. I will probably either keep the stock exhaust tip, paint it with high temp black paint, or get a black dual tip.
Sounds good man I use to drive a 99 turbo'd b16b swap running 3" straight pipe kinda miss the way it sounded feel like it wouldn't be too much of a bother to me still these days but hard to say have yet to come across one of these in person with exhaust work done honestly haven't even seen this gen Si in the wild other then mine but I'd like to think the exhuast notes haven't changed to much since the last time I did a exhaust setup on one

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sounds good man I use to drive a 99 turbo'd b16b swap running 3" straight pipe kinda miss the way it sounded feel like it wouldn't be too much of a bother to me still these days but hard to say have yet to come across one of these in person with exhaust work done honestly haven't even seen this gen Si in the wild other then mine but I'd like to think the exhuast notes haven't changed to much since the last time I did a exhaust setup on one
Yeah my 96 GSR was pretty loud with an AEM header, hi flow cat, and big stupid muffler at the end. I guess at 37, I'm finally ready to have some balance in my life when it comes to loud exhausts lol

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
I looked under the car for the first time today after reading your comment, as I didn't realize there were two mufflers. Assuming there's enough room under the car, can a single muffler be used or do we need to use two? Any advantages of one over the other? I'ma little surprised that the car has two mufflers in the first place... I mean it's only a 4-cylinder after all.

Lcifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I looked under the car for the first time today after reading your comment, as I didn't realize there were two mufflers. Assuming there's enough room under the car, can a single muffler be used or do we need to use two? Any advantages of one over the other? I'ma little surprised that the car has two mufflers in the first place... I mean it's only a 4-cylinder after all.
Gotta find ways around emissions in states like Ca some how

Lcifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Yeah my 96 GSR was pretty loud with an AEM header, hi flow cat, and big stupid muffler at the end. I guess at 37, I'm finally ready to have some balance in my life when it comes to loud exhausts lol
31 here been doing the quite exhuast for last 2-3 years.......... really is the only thing this Si doesn't have that I miss about the old civic

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Without knowing the engineering theory, I assume it is the keep the noise down, or to attain a specific exhaust tone, since the car doesn't have any supplementary "exhaust noise" sound coming through the speakers like other cars in it's class. That being said, I have heard a few older Civics with the Flowmaster Delta Flow 60 series muffler, and it has a really nice deep sound to it.

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
Without knowing the engineering theory, I assume it is the keep the noise down, or to attain a specific exhaust tone, since the car doesn't have any supplementary "exhaust noise" sound coming through the speakers like other cars in it's class. That being said, I have heard a few older Civics with the Flowmaster Delta Flow 60 series muffler, and it has a really nice deep sound to it.

Thanks very much for posting this; I'll watch the videos when I get home from work. I was going to ask the local muffler shop guy - he did my '03 Jeep Wrangler and did a great job - if he's done any '16 - '17 Civic Si's and what the owners did... keep the dual mufflers or go to one.
Sponsored