Wheels w/ D2 Springs

markie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2020
Country flag
Hey,

So before summer begins... I’m planning to purchase aftermarket wheels. However I’m trying to find similar setups and figure out any problems I might run into.

From my knowledge:
- 18x-8.5 is the perfect number, but can we fit 9-9.5 also? (I am going to guess that if we can fit 9-9.5, I would have to purchase wheels that are 245/40?

- I know that Honda Civic Si’s hub dimensions are 5x114.3

- I plan to run my 235/40/R18 (Goodyear All Season) with the new aftermarket tires as these tires are brand new still. But I don’t want to purchase tires just so they could fit my OEM tires, what would you recommend to do? (I do not mind purchasing wheels as these will most likely be my summer setup).

- Will I need RLCA and FLCA while doing this project? I do have a very slight camber with these D2 Springs.

- and finally... Post your setup with your D2 Springs / Aftermarket wheels! I’m honestly trying to see others accomplished job on this setup as I have heard many issues you could run into if you purchase the wrong set.
Sponsored

Last edited:

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just so you know, the TIRES are made of rubber and the WHEELS are made of metal.

I know it might seem that I am being picky, but when it comes to asking advice, and understanding other forum members suggestions, it helps a great deal, if the terms being used are correct.

Yes, 9" or 9.5" wide wheels will fit ... IF the wheels have the correct amount of offset ... this is important to avoid your wheel/tire from rubbing on the fender or the suspension components.
235/40R18 will fit a 9.5" wide wheel, with some "stretch" ... but a 245 or 255 may fit better. It all depends on what look/stance you want.
You will most likely need hub centric rings that adapt your new wheels center bore to the hub diameter of your Civic.
I have read that many people suggest replacing the RLCA with D2 springs.

Good luck with your build!

OP
OP
markie

markie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2020
Country flag
Just so you know, the TIRES are made of rubber and the WHEELS are made of metal.

I know it might seem that I am being picky, but when it comes to asking advice, and understanding other forum members suggestions, it helps a great deal, if the terms being used are correct.

Yes, 9" or 9.5" wide wheels will fit ... IF the wheels have the correct amount of offset ... this is important to avoid your wheel/tire from rubbing on the fender or the suspension components.
235/40R18 will fit a 9.5" wide wheel, with some "stretch" ... but a 245 or 255 may fit better. It all depends on what look/stance you want.
You will most likely need hub centric rings that adapt your new wheels center bore to the hub diameter of your Civic.
I have read that many people suggest replacing the RLCA with D2 springs.

Good luck with your build!
My bad, I corrected that term. I was super tired last night while making this thread. And I appreciate the feedback!
Sponsored