Wheels got stolen this morning.

xXoVrKiLLXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R ABM
Hell of a marketing gimmick for the complex, though. "Future Resident Parking".
Seriously lol - I’d be like man if this is what happens if I’m thinking about living here what’s gonna happen if I take the plunge?
Sponsored

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was wondering about these wheels they are offering me, and if I should go with these over the 2020 Si Coupe ones...

I mentioned I must have oem everything again...but if these are actually better and gets scratched or dented less, I'm down for it.

E650F695-BC91-422C-A2E9-E53A2F2F7803.jpeg
That sucks! As for the wheels, they're the same as the si wheels structurally. I actually bought the Matt black si wheels for my sport touring because I have no chrome. Since you're not chrome deleted, the sport touring wheels will look good if that's a look you like. I personally found the gloss black took a bit of extra care to keep clean because dirt adhered a bit and built up in the pockets.

I also agree that you could get a really nice set of aftermarket wheels for less $. Aftermarket could get you around 40-60lb total weight reduction too, but there's nothing wrong with the OEM look if that's your thing.

OP
OP
EstiloinAction

EstiloinAction

First Name
Estilo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2020, BMW 528i 2000
Country flag
Ok yall
Here's an update on the situation.
Insurance so far has made the process smooth and is working on the matter. Honda was able to provide a new head unit and stock wheels for me, so now I don't have to go cry on my pillow at night.

My spoiler was messed with a bit but nothing major thankfully and is being repaired.

The worst part about this...I'm stuck driving an automatic Dodge Journey 🤣

Gotta laugh about something!

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
Sorry for the headache man.... still scratching my head on why they smashed your infotainment screen besides just to be a dbag. Glad your insurance is taking care of it.

OP
OP
EstiloinAction

EstiloinAction

First Name
Estilo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sorry for the headache man.... still scratching my head on why they smashed your infotainment screen besides just to be a dbag. Glad your insurance is taking care of it.
Brotha, I am still wondering the exact same thing! They smashed my window and took nothing at all either. I had my 2nd phone in the glove box (iPhone 8 plus) and they left it.

🤷🏻‍♂️

jayman84

First Name
Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Brotha, I am still wondering the exact same thing! They smashed my window and took nothing at all either. I had my 2nd phone in the glove box (iPhone 8 plus) and they left it.

🤷🏻‍♂️
What a bunch of d***heads. What's funny is once you've taken out the head unit you realize how very easy it is to get out. They could have gotten it out quicker than taking the wheels off but I understand they probably aren't the brightest crayons in the box to begin with so they got pissed and just smashed it just to add insult to injury. I'm glad the insurance is taking care of it for you though.

OP
OP
EstiloinAction

EstiloinAction

First Name
Estilo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What a bunch of d***heads. What's funny is once you've taken out the head unit you realize how very easy it is to get out. They could have gotten it out quicker than taking the wheels off but I understand they probably aren't the brightest crayons in the box to begin with so they got pissed and just smashed it just to add insult to injury. I'm glad the insurance is taking care of it for you though.
For real! I saw it on YouTube how easy it is to take out. This is a $1500 unit!!
I'm glad I'm getting my Si wheels back.

I was up for new tires as well so I guess I get new ones.

Small wins!

Boosted_01_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
Dam dude that's ridiculous... They tried to take the wing, daaaaam. Im confused why they smashed the MMI, wtf.... Some people are the worst.... I should swap my wing hex bolts for SHCS bolts... They won't be expecting that lol

JasNeo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Country flag
Man this sucks to see, I'm sorry. This is one of my biggest fears so I grabbed a set of wheel locks pretty early on. I'm hoping they'll at least deter someone from trying to steal the wheels. I have a set of these for my stock wheels, however I came across this company a few years back and have been considering getting a set. They only work for stock wheels but they're supposed to be some of, if not the most secure wheel locks out there

FK7_Fever

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic FK7 Sport, 6-speed Manual, White
Country flag
If you want more options for actual wheel locks give these a peek. I park at a university campus notorious for theft so I did not even want to have the slightest doubt in my mind that my wheels would be gone when I get back.

They have OEM and aftermarket wheel sizing, it is a single wheel lock per wheel and it is notched like a key and shaped in a way that neither a hammered on socket or pliers could get a grip. Every set is unique, they give you a code with your order (both a sticker on the socket’s key and a fridge magnet!) if you ever need to order a replacement key through them.

I spent $122 + ~$15 shipping for an afrtermarket set and a second key, have had them nearly a year and I still am impressed with their quality.

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatchback (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
If you want more options for actual wheel locks give these a peek. I park at a university campus notorious for theft so I did not even want to have the slightest doubt in my mind that my wheels would be gone when I get back.

They have OEM and aftermarket wheel sizing, it is a single wheel lock per wheel and it is notched like a key and shaped in a way that neither a hammered on socket or pliers could get a grip. Every set is unique, they give you a code with your order (both a sticker on the socket’s key and a fridge magnet!) if you ever need to order a replacement key through them.

I spent $122 + ~$15 shipping for an afrtermarket set and a second key, have had them nearly a year and I still am impressed with their quality.
Would there be any reason why I couldn’t use these AND the OEM wheel locks? So each wheel has two locked lugs?

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatchback (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
you can use 5 locked lugs if it makes you feel better,

it's kind of like putting 5 locks on your front door, it makes it a bit more difficult to break in, but if somebody REALLY wants in, they are going to do it regardless
Well I was just thinking having two separate types of locking lugs would make like 99% thieves look for next easiest target. Mostly because they take different keys… unless you think they they can remove both locks in the same manner, if they wanted to use brute force methods.
Sponsored