Mikeb33

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic sedan Touring
Country flag
2016 Touring sedan and looking for some inexpensive wheels to put snows on. Looking at CL, Offer up, etc and what years work for me? One guy had a set he said fit Civics "06-11 but should fit 12-15 as well." Is something different on 16 up?
I know I'll spend over $100 per tire, I really don't want to spend that much per rim too. Advice please?
Sponsored

Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan, 2003 Trailblazer LS, 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Country flag
how BIG are they, the Civic has used the same 5 lug bolt pattern for like a decade now so the only thing I can see them preventing you from fitting them is if they are to small a wheel to clear the brakes.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Do 15” wheels fit around the brakes on the regular civics?

OP
OP

Mikeb33

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic sedan Touring
Country flag
Would Bridgestone Blizzaks 205/50R16 16x7 Wheels with ET 50mm offset be a good fit?

LanceSI-10thgen

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI Sedan 2018 (Aegean Blue)
Country flag
Check your local buy and sell, offer-up, let-go or even Facebook marketplace. You can find great deals. I just scored myself a set of tires almost brand new with compatible rims (correct bolt pattern and offset) for just $300. Luckily for me too, the seller works in a Goodyear tire shop. Though the rims were a bit atrocious from its last winter, I was able to make it decent by sanding the curb rashes, smoothen it a bit then plasti-dipped it. The tires are Michellin snow tires. Since I have an SI size 16s does not fit. So these are size 17s.

Honda Civic 10th gen Wheels for a winter snow set IMG_4450

Honda Civic 10th gen Wheels for a winter snow set IMG_4449

Last edited:

MTBhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Any 16” honda civic from 2006 and up fits regular civic. Im currently using 16” wheels from 2006 civic and painted it black. Got it really cheap.
Honda Civic 10th gen Wheels for a winter snow set 60E5E441-6645-4A36-A911-1E307232B5B9
Honda Civic 10th gen Wheels for a winter snow set EF518BC1-2BCB-4EC3-8163-A16AD82B97E8

Reactions: JJJ

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not sure about the Si (as your profile indicates you have an Si coupe), but it does with the regular Civics, as my sister has 15" steel wheels for the winter on her 2016 EX sedan.

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes. In the winter, I run 15x6.5 ET45 wheels wrapped in 205/65r15 Michelin X-ice Xi3 tires.

Going down two sizes from my stock 17s makes for much less expensive tires. With that size tire, the difference on the speedometer is negligible too. You just have very tall sidewalls. Which is kind of great when pot-holes start showing everywhere.
Another result is reduced unsprung weight. My winter set is lighter than my summer set that has lightweight wheels. Just have to ease into throttle (even stock) or spin/eat tire.
I don't recommend going two sizes down on alloy wheels unless a performance winter tire is used. Without the geometry and gripping compound of such a tire, the lower unsprung weight will just cause unsafe tire slip when accelerating and increased tire wear with it.

From the reading I did before buying my winter wheels, lots of folks get inexpensive steel wheels, no cover, and X-ice or blizzak ws80. Our cars handle fairly well with winter tires on.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just bought a set of Continental vikingcontact 7s for my 17” wheels. Pretty pumped to see how they do in the ice and snow.

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just bought a set of Continental vikingcontact 7s for my 17” wheels. Pretty pumped to see how they do in the ice and snow.
In Nap Town, those should be awesome-sauce. I just checked the site. Let us know how they wear- they're directional so I know I'm interested to know. Enjoy!

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
In Nap Town, those should be awesome-sauce. I just checked the site. Let us know how they wear- they're directional so I know I'm interested to know. Enjoy!
Honestly, winter tires are not a necessity in Indianapolis, but the temperature likes to hover right around 32 and we get quite a few days of rain then freeze. We’ll see maybe 5 days where there is actual snow and slush building up on the roads. And even then it is usually plowed and salted within a few hours.

I’ve got friends in Minnesota I might go visit this winter, so i’ll find good use for them.

I had a set of 17s I bought for my LX a couple years ago. I love Continental tires. If you are someone who has to have top of the line tires with amazing grip, but can’t justify the price of Michelins, Continental is the brand you want.

Continental has a 70$ rebate going on until the end of this month, and these tires have been getting really good reviews, so i said YOLO.

Honda Civic 10th gen Wheels for a winter snow set D07969AA-E39B-4853-A683-EC6DD5FD979D

Honda Civic 10th gen Wheels for a winter snow set F61E6838-A6DD-40CC-862A-DD1A6CC2C3F8

Probably the most intricate tire tread pattern i’ve ever seen...

Last edited:

bnb0523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Check your local buy and sell, offer-up, let-go or even Facebook marketplace. You can find great deals. I just scored myself a set of tires almost brand new with compatible rims (correct bolt pattern and offset) for just $300. Luckily for me too, the seller works in a Goodyear tire shop. Though the rims were a bit atrocious from its last winter, I was able to make it decent by sanding the curb rashes, smoothen it a bit then plasti-dipped it. The tires are Michellin snow tires. Since I have an SI size 16s does not fit. So these are size 17s.

IMG_4450.jpg

IMG_4449.jpg
What specs for both rims and tires?

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honestly, winter tires are not a necessity in Indianapolis, but the temperature likes to hover right around 32 and we get quite a few days of rain then freeze. We’ll see maybe 5 days where there is actual snow and slush building up on the roads. And even then it is usually plowed and salted within a few hours.

I’ve got friends in Minnesota I might go visit this winter, so i’ll find good use for them.

I had a set of 17s I bought for my LX a couple years ago. I love Continental tires. If you are someone who has to have top of the line tires with amazing grip, but can’t justify the price of Michelins, Continental is the brand you want.

Continental has a 70$ rebate going on until the end of this month, and these tires have been getting really good reviews, so i said YOLO.

D07969AA-E39B-4853-A683-EC6DD5FD979D.jpeg

F61E6838-A6DD-40CC-862A-DD1A6CC2C3F8.jpeg

Probably the most intricate tire tread pattern i’ve ever seen...
I really enjoyed the stock conti pro-contact TX wrapped from the dealership. Had the car 3 years and only drove on contis for a year and a half...

I went through 6. I'm not knocking them. But the Michelins hold up a little better in my use.