Wheels, curbs and a bad day

scsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Civic Touring, 2003 Element EX AWD
Vehicle Showcase
I took a right turn a little too tight today. I was really hoping I only hit the tire.... nope. At least the first blemish is out of the way, I guess. I really hate curbs sometimes.

Honda Civic 10th gen Wheels, curbs and a bad day IMG_1469

Well, now that the damage is done, is there anything I should do? Seems to drive fine, I got up to 85mph on the way home, and didn't notice any balance issues. Has anyone ever had damage like this repaired somehow?

What may be the worst part of this story, I was leaving my favorite coffee shop empty handed, because they ran out of coffee.
Sponsored

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
I took a right turn a little too tight today. I was really hoping I only hit the tire.... nope. At least the first blemish is out of the way, I guess. I really hate curbs sometimes.

IMG_1469.jpg

Well, now that the damage is done, is there anything I should do? Seems to drive fine, I got up to 85mph on the way home, and didn't notice any balance issues. Has anyone ever had damage like this repaired somehow?

What may be the worst part of this story, I was leaving my favorite coffee shop empty handed, because they ran out of coffee.
That looks very minor. I highly doubt there's any structural damage to your wheels or suspension. There'd have to be evidence of a much harder impact, which is absent here.

Any wheel repairer/refinisher should be able to get that back to looking normal.

Mistahoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GS350, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Accord Touring
That looks very minor. I highly doubt there's any structural damage to your wheels or suspension. There'd have to be evidence of a much harder impact, which is absent here.

Any wheel repairer/refinisher should be able to get that back to looking normal.
+1 looks very minor. Wheel repair guy can sand down that bad boy easy and restore it

OP
OP
scsi

scsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Civic Touring, 2003 Element EX AWD
Vehicle Showcase
Well, sounds like it may not be all that bad. What a relief... I'll have to find a wheel repair shop around here somewhere. Thanks guys!

jk147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Well, sounds like it may not be all that bad. What a relief... I'll have to find a wheel repair shop around here somewhere. Thanks guys!
That looks very minor, for a shop to fix it for you it will probably be 1/3 cost of a new oem rim, probably not worth it.
Sponsored