First Name
Sharmilan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda CIvic Type R #3064 Crystal Black Pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just picked up some Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 to replace my Xice xi3 after 3 winters. Both sets are 245/40/r18. Even though the xice were good in the snow and ice it wasn't that great for handling or accelerating(getting wheel spin in 3rd and 4th). Where I live the roads get cleared pretty fast so I don't mind sacrificing a bit of snow performance for cold dry performance and went with the Pilot Alpin PA4. At first when I got the pilot alpines tires I wasn't really impressed but when the weather cooled down to below freezing then I was able to feel the dry performance of the Pilot alpines. It probably has the same amount of grip as my Summer PS4S in the wet.
Sponsored

CBPF8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT and 2020 CBP CTR
Country flag
I am installing a set of Michelin Xice3 tomorrow in 245/40R18 as well on a set of Superspeed wheels I think your best option will be to downsize from the stock 20's because those winter tires would cost a lot.

I just quickly went on tirerack.ca and used stock size and came up with only a set of Pirelli Sottozero 3 and costs $548 each tire compared to the 245/40R18 which costs $186 each for the same tire.

jazzer

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR PMM
Country flag
20201108_202723_Burst01.jpg

Just put on a set of Voxx Riva 18x8 rims and 235/40/R18 Nokian Hakkapeliita R3 tires
for upcoming Minneapolis winter. New 2020 CTR PMM. 2 weeks old.
Update: frezing rain followed by 5" of snow. No problemo. Solid on city streets and freeway.

GTWaggin'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Gray Type R
Country flag
I'm taking a chance on snow rated All-Seasons this winter, Vredestein Quadtrac Pros on Motegi 18's. We have an Outback with snows, and a VW Sportwagen that will be the "up North" cars here in MI. I love snow, but our roads just don't get that bad around SE MI. Dry performance is ok, though I miss the grip of summer rubber.
Honda Civic 10th gen Wheels and snow tires for Type R IMG_1994 (3).JPG

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Type R
Country flag
My daughter and I got my 18s n all seasons on today, which works fine for where Im at when I'll take it out...had to move my mom's 1st year 5th gen out to swap em(apple doesn't fall far from the tree..lol).

Honda Civic 10th gen Wheels and snow tires for Type R IMG_20201115_145445153

TANSTAAFL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, Championship White
Country flag
I just quickly went on tirerack.ca and used stock size and came up with only a set of Pirelli Sottozero 3 and costs $548 each tire compared to the 245/40R18 which costs $186 each for the same tire.
Wait, what? $548 per TIRE? I got the same size Pirelli Sottozero 3s for under $200 per tire just this summer. Weird.

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Just put on my MSW 18” rims with Toyo Observe GSI-6 snow tires. I’m in the Boston area and last winter we didn’t get too much snow but what little we did it handled it well.

i had them done at a place that does high end cars so I went with whatever they recommended for this car. I typically am an advocate for Bridgestone Blizzacks. Had those on our Accord and literally it never got stuck. I worked late at the office during a snowstorm and there was about 8” of fresh snow and I just shoveled out like 2-3 feet in front of the car to get some running room and the car plowed through the parking lot. In retro spect I should’ve asked for the Blizzacks for the CTR too but I just went with what they recommended at this shop.

Honda Civic 10th gen Wheels and snow tires for Type R AA929029-6038-4D58-8B69-F4D18CC392B2

freeslide

First Name
Romain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-2019 FK8 GT (European Market, Crystal Black Pearl) -1999 Celica GT Superstrut (Japanese Import, Static Red))
Country flag
Will put on winter tires & wheels end of this week probably, and I have to admit that I'm so jealous of most of the beautiful winter set up rims i've seen that far in this forum...

I bought my 2019 type R only 2 month ago <- I'm 2nd owner, and it came with a set of used honda european market winter wheels & tires) <- good considering the fact i usually spend most winter in the alps (and winter tires are an obligation there), bad in a way that I was expecting Honda to offer better "look like" winter wheels for the type r. Am definitely not convinced on how it will look like on my black baby :rolleyes:

Do you guys in US also have OEM honda Winter wheels & Tyres pack similar to that one and if yes can you give me a feedback on it???
Honda Civic 10th gen Wheels and snow tires for Type R Capture d’écran (327)

Honda Civic 10th gen Wheels and snow tires for Type R 20201013_232945

Tires are: Goodyear UltraGrip Perf+XL 235/40R18 95V <- no idea at all how they are in snow condition but should find out soon I guess... (wheels are definitely not in perfect condition as you can see, but tires seem pretty new tho)

Last edited:

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Will put on winter tires & wheels end of this week probably, and I have to admit that I'm so jealous of most of the beautiful winter set up rims i've seen that far in this forum...

I bought my 2019 type R only 2 month ago <- I'm 2nd owner, and it came with a set of used honda european market winter wheels & tires) <- good considering the fact i usually spend most winter in the alps (and winter tires are an obligation there), bad in a way that I was expecting Honda to offer better "look like" winter wheels for the type r. Am definitely not convinced on how it will look like on my black baby :rolleyes:

Do you guys in US also have OEM honda Winter wheels & Tyres pack similar to that one and if yes can you give me a feedback on it???
Capture d’écran (327).png

20201013_232945.jpg

Tires are: Goodyear UltraGrip Perf+XL 235/40R18 95V <- no idea at all how they are in snow condition but should find out soon I guess... (wheels are definitely not in perfect condition as you can see, but tires seem pretty new tho)
I think that winter rim was offered for like the first model year then not offered again. It may have been offered longer for our neighbors up north in Canada though, but don't quote me on it. I wonder if it can still be purchased in the US.

Edit: apparently Honda does have a rim closer to OEM styling that's a 19" that was offered with the FK2 (42700-tv8-e93).

freeslide

First Name
Romain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-2019 FK8 GT (European Market, Crystal Black Pearl) -1999 Celica GT Superstrut (Japanese Import, Static Red))
Country flag
I think that winter rim was offered for like the first model year then not offered again. It may have been offered longer for our neighbors up north in Canada though, but don't quote me on it. I wonder if it can still be purchased in the US.

Edit: apparently Honda does have a rim closer to OEM styling that's a 19" that was offered with the FK2 (42700-tv8-e93).
Thanks for the info ;) Those (42700-tv8-e93) would definitely have looked better imo....

I find it Strange that in Europe (except for few countries that have Alps in it and strong snow in winters) Honda is not offering any "official" winter pack, or doesn't have anything recommanded on that aspect.... i also would definitely have thought that in US, that would be the case (considering the heavy snow and winter in some states)

Well, I'll definitely will go for a new set of after market 18 or 19 inch wheels (dedicated to winter) in a close future ...... (absolutely love the Rays 57 Transcend Rev Limit Edition, if at one point I find a way to get hold of them) :)

freeslide

First Name
Romain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
FINALLY ready for winter (with the oem winter pack) <- definitely not the best look, but should make it pass the snowing winter in the alps safely)
235/40/18 (Goodyear utlra Grip Perf+) âť„
Honda Civic 10th gen Wheels and snow tires for Type R 20201130_112427

Honda Civic 10th gen Wheels and snow tires for Type R 20201130_112422

TANSTAAFL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
With winter wheels/tires, safety is first, looks a very distant second. Of course, both is nice! For what it's worth, I don't hate those silvery white (or white-ish silver?) wheels on the black car.

I will say that now that I'm used to my 18" wheels and the Sottozero 3s, driving is a blast. Very good grip and good ride quality, even at speed.

Cranium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Well, better late than never! I finally got my new winter setup on my 19’ Type R yesterday. I bought it new back in March and have driven it about 1700 mi so far. I put on VMR V710's in 19x8.5 ET35 with Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4. They’re gunmetal painted and I applied Techniq G5 Wheel Armor ceramic coating. Pretty easy to apply. I wish the color was a little darker, but they’ll do for the price (about $270/wheel).
Honda Civic 10th gen Wheels and snow tires for Type R BE724B73-AEE2-4BDF-95B6-F3BCF7D3B75E
Honda Civic 10th gen Wheels and snow tires for Type R 7AF58A71-05F8-46F3-BA4A-5CCC670BA425

TANSTAAFL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nice! It's been lightly snowing here, not deep (maybe four or five inches) but pretty constantly for the last day or so. Car does very well in the white stuff (or after a while, the nasty gray and off-white stuff). Not Audi or Subaru well, but quite secure and safe as long as you remember that the laws of physics still apply no matter what tires you have.

The car though does get dirty af. Gonna have to visit the one "do it your self" coin-op wash bay soon, even though it's freezing.
Sponsored