First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
Hi all,

Just picked up my 2020 Type R Sonic Grey.

Did anyone purchase wheel protection plan from third party? My dealership didn't offer.

Thank you
Sponsored

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
dealership i brought the car form offered it and i brought it. I plan on keeping the car for a Looooong time not only that but i like the 20's and will probably be keeping those wheels. I believe it was worth it. Anything that happens to your wheels it is covered no deductible and those wheels cost $1000+ from the dealer(i know you can get it cheaper here). I drive with no worries. Get that plan its a third party when the dealer offers it too

Sil98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Type R, '08 Kia Sorento, '03 WRX, '97 Del Sol Si, '90 Supercharged TA
Country flag
Fidelity offers a couple of different plans at competitive rates. I switched to them after cancelling an overpriced Safe-Guard policy the dealership was pushing.

There is a pretty good thread here somewhere (can't find it at the moment) on the topic.

OP
OP
hang729

hang729

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
Fidelity offers a couple of different plans at competitive rates. I switched to them after cancelling an overpriced Safe-Guard policy the dealership was pushing.

There is a pretty good thread here somewhere (can't find it at the moment) on the topic.
Thank you!
Will take a look

Teach-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rallye Red CTR #22518; 2017 Golf R
Country flag
I didn’t on this car as I don’t plan on owning it past 3 years. I did get it on my Golf R though as the 19” Pretoria’s had a reputation for bends. 2 years ago on our way to our place in the OBX I hit a massive pothole getting on the NJTP and bent a rim. Turned out it actually cracked the wheel. Brand new wheel and tire were fully covered and that one accident pretty much made the cost of the insurance worth it.

Hatchi

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Prius, 2020 BBP CTR
Country flag
I don't have it personally but if you're gonna get it from somewhere, don't get it from your dealer, get it from a third party without a doubt. I think it's definitely good to have, but I figure when I end up bending a wheel or something, I'll sell the rest that are in good condition and then just buy some Titan 7's in satin titanium ;)

FK8_doc

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic B18C5 Ferio, 2006 BMW 330i, 2020 CW CTR #37194
Country flag
I got the wheel protection plan through the dealer. It says it covers aftermarket wheels and tires as well. I had a flat on my driver's rear tire from a screw with only 127 miles on my car. They replaced my tire at my local Honda dealer with no issues, only put my car out of commission for a few days because of the paperwork. I think it's worth it.

The plan is through IAS direct.

OP
OP
hang729

hang729

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
I don't have it personally but if you're gonna get it from somewhere, don't get it from your dealer, get it from a third party without a doubt. I think it's definitely good to have, but I figure when I end up bending a wheel or something, I'll sell the rest that are in good condition and then just buy some Titan 7's in satin titanium ;)
thx!

OP
OP
hang729

hang729

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
I got the wheel protection plan through the dealer. It says it covers aftermarket wheels and tires as well. I had a flat on my driver's rear tire from a screw with only 127 miles on my car. They replaced my tire at my local Honda dealer with no issues, only put my car out of commission for a few days because of the paperwork. I think it's worth it.

thx!!

NewYorker88

First Name
York
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Macan S, 2011 335 iSCi, 2008 F430
Country flag

What did you pay for your IAS insurance plan? Just bought a new LE and the dealer is offering a 5 year plan for $835...
Sponsored