Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
With respect bud, I do push my car and hard, so I don't want that 'at the limit' feeling to become something disagreeable to me. What I have read about the 18's is it re-introduces a lot of torque steer which is also undesirable to me at least since this car is so fun with the way it pulls straight presently.
Whoever told you that 18s create a lot of torque steer is full of it. I run a +40 offset and have minimal to no torque steer.
Sponsored

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
With respect bud, I do push my car and hard, so I don't want that 'at the limit' feeling to become something disagreeable to me. What I have read about the 18's is it re-introduces a lot of torque steer which is also undesirable to me at least since this car is so fun with the way it pulls straight presently.
Not sure where you get that idea that it introduces 'a lot'. Maybe people that are running +35 or more. +53 is only a 7mm difference from OEM spec.

OP
OP
NapalmEnema

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Not sure where you get that idea that it introduces 'a lot'. Maybe people that are running +35 or more. +53 is only a 7mm difference from OEM spec.
I wasn't aware +53 was widely available, agree if it was that delta that would be nothing.

OP
OP
NapalmEnema

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Whoever told you that 18s create a lot of torque steer is full of it. I run a +40 offset and have minimal to no torque steer.
Great to know. I think it was indicated earlier in this very thread, which I created to learn more about smaller wheels and such. I had actually let it die with the impression you give up a lot from the 20" to go smaller <shrug> Just trying to learn and not ruin what I love on the car by changing things arbitrarily. The rate of tire wear does make me wonder about a smaller one for that reason alone as they are cheaper to replace.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
I wasn't aware +53 was widely available, agree if it was that delta that would be nothing.
It's an autox street class legal fitment wheel. That's the only reason why it's made. You're generally not going to find a non-car specific wheel higher than +45.

Only affordable wheels with +53 are OZ and Motegi.

OP
OP
NapalmEnema

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's an autox street class legal fitment wheel. That's the only reason why it's made. You're generally not going to find a non-car specific wheel higher than +45.

Yeah because when I look at a thread like this - with so many fantastic looking wheels, the offset is what puts me off of them as I feel that it's a big drop compared to what I'm used to.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/sonic-grey-pearl-wheel-colors-help.38996/

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Personally, I've never been a fan of spending more than 1.2k for a set of wheels as they'll eventually get scratched, curbed, bent, etc. That basically limits me to only a few choices.
I think titan 7s are the best budget wheels. Slightly above your “budget” but highly worth it I think. They’re dummy strong, look good, and have good fitment

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
I think titan 7s are the best budget wheels. Slightly above your “budget” but highly worth it I think. They’re dummy strong, look good, and have good fitment
I ended up with OZ 18x8.5 +55 :dunno:

My second option would probably be some form of Enkei +45 wheel.

Honda Civic 10th gen Wheel noob - 19" / 18" performance change questions - 1597642531999

Honda Civic 10th gen Wheel noob - 19" / 18" performance change questions - 1597642548204

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
I ended up with OZ 18x8.5 +55 :dunno:

My second option would probably be some form of Enkei +45 wheel.

1597642531999.png

1597642548204.png
Those look good! Probably much better handling/performing than OEM. I just wanted to run a 265 or wider tire hence the 18x10 +40 fitment. If what people said were true about offset, I would have torque steered off the track by now ?

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Those look good! Probably much better handling/performing than OEM. I just wanted to run a 265 or wider tire hence the 18x10 +40 fitment. If what people said were true about offset, I would have torque steered off the track by now ?
Hard to pass up for $1100! Used but only had less than 1k miles.

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
Do you have a link to these wheels? Are they hub centric?

I thought the Motegi's only came in 19" sizes with this offset.

Have heard good things about the Enkei Kojin with 45mm offset. Apparently very light wgt.

We have this huge thread on these forums about wheels but for most people, looks seem to be what they are interested in. Personally this is no where near my top priority. Maybe we need a thread about track wheels only.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
275/35/18 is very close to stock radius. I'm currently running 265/35/18 which is a little bit smaller.

I didn't lose any performance, only gained, especially going from a 30lb wheel to a 17.

I put all of about 40 miles on my stock tires before I threw on my wheels lol. With the 2020 I can say the steering wheel feels very heavy with the stock tires. With the wider thicker tires and lighter wheels the steering feels much much better. I don't remember the steering being so heavy in my 19 on the stock bands.

The stock offset looks hideous. +40-45 is perfect. There isn't torque steer on flat smooth roads. Going through elevated turns you can feel the wheel slightly give resistance like it's going to, but the wheel never forcefully pulls any way or the other. If I were to be just rolling along in 3rd gear and floored it, the car just goes straight

Last edited:
OP
OP
NapalmEnema

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do you have a link to these wheels? Are they hub centric?

I thought the Motegi's only came in 19" sizes with this offset.

Have heard good things about the Enkei Kojin with 45mm offset. Apparently very light wgt.

We have this huge thread on these forums about wheels but for most people, looks seem to be what they are interested in. Personally this is no where near my top priority. Maybe we need a thread about track wheels only.
Man that would be optimal I don't care about looks (well I do to a degree) but not impacting the performance is more important to me by a MASSIVE factor.

Dejavu

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR
Country flag
I am also very interested in this topic as I just hit the curb trying to dodge a huge suicidal badger crossing the road. Both my right wheels took a lot of cosmetic damage and I am not sure it's worth repairing them (if that's doable).

I am thinking about downsizing to 18's (mainly for long term cost) but I am not sure if it's as simple as switching the wheels/tires or we need to do other stuffs like lowering the car etc.
Sponsored