Wheel fitment question

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic coupe EX-T
Country flag
I apologize in advance for the stupid question.

I've been considering Avid.1 AV06 as my aftermarket wheels for my civic coupe ex-t. My stock wheels are based at 17"7".. I've only seen AV06 come as close to 17"8".. Would these fit my stock Continentals??
Sponsored

OP
OP
BigDeanSupreme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic coupe EX-T
Country flag
So, do a lot of people do this? or if they plan on sticking with the stock contintentals do they usually just go with the original diameter and width?? Clearly, this is my first time purchasing aftermarket wheels lol. I just don't want these tires to go to waste since they were brand new with the car and only have 7,500 miles of wear and tear.

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So, do a lot of people do this? or if they plan on sticking with the stock contintentals do they usually just go with the original diameter and width?? Clearly, this is my first time purchasing aftermarket wheels lol. I just don't want these tires to go to waste since they were brand new with the car and only have 7,500 miles of wear and tear.
I get ya man. Yeah a lot of us keep our OEM tires since they are so new on these cars and it'd be a waste. I'm personally running 9.5 width compared to the stock 8 inch width on my Si and my 235/40's are definitely stretched, but not so much it negatively affects the drivability. If you're keeping stock suspension (i.e. not lowering the car), you'll definitely be alright with the wider rim.

OP
OP
BigDeanSupreme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic coupe EX-T
Country flag
I get ya man. Yeah a lot of us keep our OEM tires since they are so new on these cars and it'd be a waste. I'm personally running 9.5 width compared to the stock 8 inch width on my Si and my 235/40's are definitely stretched, but not so much it negatively affects the drivability. If you're keeping stock suspension (i.e. not lowering the car), you'll definitely be alright with the wider rim.
I've been wanting to get the Eibach sportline or Skunk2 springs. Whats the offset on your wheels? Everywhere I look online I'm seeing that AV06 only comes at +35 mm.

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I've been wanting to get the Eibach sportline or Skunk2 springs. Whats the offset on your wheels? Everywhere I look online I'm seeing that AV06 only comes at +35 mm.
Even with those suspension drops, you should be alright with an 8 inch width wheel. My offset is +35, down from +50 on the OEM wheels.

OP
OP
BigDeanSupreme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic coupe EX-T
Country flag
Even with those suspension drops, you should be alright with an 8 inch width wheel. My offset is +35, down from +50 on the OEM wheels.
Just what I wanted to hear. Thank you! No rubbing though right??