Wheel curb damage

w1ck3dme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L Hatchback
Country flag
My sister asked me to get her new 18' CR-V alignment checked after getting the heated steering installed and me being a good brother says I'll take care of it. Meanwhile she borrows my civic and later calls me at work saying she hit something at highway speeds. I go over to help her and here is what I find...
Of course the tire is a loss and moreover, the wheel is missing a chunk

Hopefully someone can tell me if this wheel looks repaired or not. I wouldn't mind some minor cosmetic imperfections, but this looks like its missing a chunk of aluminum. I'm not too picky about the wheel having some scratches and minor curb rashes but this looks like its missing a chunk of aluminum and it is very noticeable even in the dark because rest of the wheel is black

If anyone knows any good places around the DC-MD area, please let me know. I would rather repair if it ends u being not too noticeable before throwing out a usable wheel. If there is any cheap DIY fixes, I'm willing to try it out before replacing the wheels

Just last month, I let my dad borrow the Civic while his Tacoma was getting the frame repainted under warranty so I could check out the new Tacoma they rented out to him (it was pretty fun being a truck but really dated inside) and he returns it with a broken mirror after someone merged into him. At least I was paid back by the other guy's insurance and mirror was easy and cheap to replace. Before that, when my sister borrowed the civic, it got rear ended (of course got a check from the other guy for that and it was easy to ignore the bumper scratches on a silver car). But this time, damage looks very noticeable on the black
Sponsored

Last edited:

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I did something similar last year. I didn't bother to try and fix it bc I knew it would bother me no matter what and the car was still new. It's once thing if it were old but less than 1 yr old I decided to just replace the rim and tire at the dealer.

That ran me almost $700 for everything replaced and put back on. My rim was bent slightly but still held air.

Rim was I believe 350 with a core charge. Obviously your tire is shot. Depends on how good a job they can do repairing it if you don't replace. A guy I knew awhile back screwed up a rim on his accord and spent 125 getting it worked. Looked 90% better. There's a decent chunk missing but I'm sure most places can match the color and from far away it'll look 85 to 90% better.

I'd rather pay for new but to each his own. Not to mention your rim may actually be bent even after you get the cosmetic part fixed.

Last edited: